ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry clearence in to UK second time with out job

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sureshjawaji
Newly Registered

Entry clearence in to UK second time with out job

Post by sureshjawaji » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:02 am

Hi,

I am planning to go UK in Auguest 2009 and try for jobs there couple of months. If I couldn't get any job there I am thinking to come back india as the december arrives there won't be any openings. And once the new year gets over go back to UK and try for jobs again in the new year.

Would I be allowed to enter in to UK for the second time with out having any job? Is there any way I can enter with out job in to UK second time?

Thanks,
Suresh

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Entry clearence in to UK second time with out job

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:10 am

sureshjawaji wrote:Hi,

I am planning to go UK in Auguest 2009 and try for jobs there couple of months. If I couldn't get any job there I am thinking to come back india as the december arrives there won't be any openings. And once the new year gets over go back to UK and try for jobs again in the new year.

Would I be allowed to enter in to UK for the second time with out having any job? Is there any way I can enter with out job in to UK second time?

Thanks,
Suresh
No Problem, it should be fine to visit once and go back and revisit.. just need to explain the abt the job situation if the immigration officer questions you.. because the visits will be between 2-3months gap.. it shd not be a problem...

Possible questions usually the officer asks are:

1. How long were you in india? and why?
2. Whom do u work for in Uk?

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:56 am

I think the problem is more with the Immigration officers in India (esp Mumbai) rather than UK, because over there they fail to understand the logic of "going to another country and searching for a job/ without a job"; I had to explain a great deal about HSMP & Immigration to them.

Once you land in UK, you can breeze through the 'non-EU residents counter' in Heathrow. This is kept esp for HSMP/ Tier 1 visa holders. (Look out for this & don't go the normal counters where there is usually a big queue). Once here, all they check is visa validity and you are cleared. Took < 5 minutes.
They are aware what Tier 1 is and don't ask you about job etc etc.
sureshjawaji wrote: Would I be allowed to enter in to UK for the second time with out having any job? Is there any way I can enter with out job in to UK second time?

push

Post by push » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:59 pm

rsathish wrote:I think the problem is more with the Immigration officers in India (esp Mumbai) rather than UK, because over there they fail to understand the logic of "going to another country and searching for a job/ without a job"; I had to explain a great deal about HSMP & Immigration to them.
As long as you have a Valid VISA why would Indian immigration authorities will stop you??
rsathish wrote:Once you land in UK, you can breeze through the 'non-EU residents counter' in Heathrow. This is kept esp for HSMP/ Tier 1 visa holders. (Look out for this & don't go the normal counters where there is usually a big queue). Once here, all they check is visa validity and you are cleared. Took < 5 minutes.
Whcih "normal counters" are you talking about? There are no special counters for HSMP/Tier-1 VISA holders!! The "non-EU resident counter" that you are talking about are for ppl not holding UK or EU passports and everyone falling into that category- tourists/visitors/businessmen/students/Tier-1 are supposed to use these channels.

Correct me if you have latest information or information to the contrary.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:02 am

Well he didn't literally stop me, just acted as if he is more worried than UK immigration authorities.

I had used it 5 months back and it wasn't the one used by all. As you enter in to Immigration hall in Heathrow, it is at left-end. In the centre, you have the common counters & towards far-right you have UK/EU passport holders.

When I enquired the lady in the counter confirmed this.

Ppl who have travelled recently, correct/update me if this is incorrect.

push

Post by push » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:54 pm

rsathish wrote:Well he didn't literally stop me, just acted as if he is more worried than UK immigration authorities.

I had used it 5 months back and it wasn't the one used by all. As you enter in to Immigration hall in Heathrow, it is at left-end. In the centre, you have the common counters & towards far-right you have UK/EU passport holders.

When I enquired the lady in the counter confirmed this.

Ppl who have travelled recently, correct/update me if this is incorrect.
I am really surprised. I have not seen any such counter and I have travelled a lot in the last year. Which terminal is it on?
regards,
push

push

Post by push » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:56 pm

Will be great to use such a facility if it exists.
regards,
push

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:18 pm

I think it's T3, will confirm through someone if possible.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:37 am

rsathish wrote:I think the problem is more with the Immigration officers in India (esp Mumbai) rather than UK, because over there they fail to understand the logic of "going to another country and searching for a job/ without a job"; I had to explain a great deal about HSMP & Immigration to them.

Once you land in UK, you can breeze through the 'non-EU residents counter' in Heathrow. This is kept esp for HSMP/ Tier 1 visa holders. (Look out for this & don't go the normal counters where there is usually a big queue). Once here, all they check is visa validity and you are cleared. Took < 5 minutes.
sureshjawaji wrote: Would I be allowed to enter in to UK for the second time with out having any job? Is there any way I can enter with out job in to UK second time?
Ya, I have seen immigration officers in India questioning more than the UK/US immigrations officers. Especially in Bombay, they were rude and didnt know the full details of HSMP visa. He even asked me why cant I work in India and why am I going there with out a job. After landing at heathrow, the only question I had was where I would stay!!

Vikram