ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for tourism takes 4-6 weeks

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Darkhorse

Visa for tourism takes 4-6 weeks

Post by Darkhorse » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:09 am

I cannot understand why it takes 4-6 weeks to apply for tourist visa. People that work in this section must be really under pressure (or no pressure) should I say. This is because the recommended cut back.

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:26 pm

A few years back it took between 8 and 10 weeks for a tourist Visa.

AFAIK the reason is that most applications are not handled by the embassies themself, but are decided on by the Visa Office in Dublin. So the embassies send the applications to Dublin and they are then centrally worked on there. after they made their decission all the paperwork is sent back to the Embassy who might then Issue the Visa for you

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:31 pm

dsab85 wrote:A few years back it took between 8 and 10 weeks for a tourist Visa.

AFAIK the reason is that most applications are not handled by the embassies themself, but are decided on by the Visa Office in Dublin. So the embassies send the applications to Dublin and they are then centrally worked on there. after they made their decission all the paperwork is sent back to the Embassy who might then Issue the Visa for you
Spot on dsab85. I remmember my original entry visa to ireland took 12 weeks despite a work permit in 2001. The situation has improved significantly in the last 2 years or thereabout. There are now faster processing time for countries where online applications are posible https://www.visas.inis.gov.ie/avats/OnlineHome.aspx. In some instances, turn around time is between 5 to 10 days. However there are relatively more applications in the summer months which may results in longer processing time.[/url]

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:41 pm

Agree with 9jeirean and dsab85. If the application is being considered by the Embassy to which you apply (e.g. Singapore or New Dehli Embassy) then it only takes a few days to get the Tourist Visa. For other countries the applicaiton is processed by the DoJ in Dublin so you have to factor in postage times as well as it entering the dreaded DoJ offices.