ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR stamp in passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

charliegal

ILR stamp in passport

Post by charliegal » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi, i am applying for ILR this month. I have my spouse visa in my old passport (my passport has not yet expired) , however the albanian government has recently issued me a new passport as from next year the old style passports will no longer be valid. Can I have my ILR stamp in my new passport or will it need putting in my old passport? I have tried looking on the internet but cant seem to find anything. I have also tried to ring the passport office but they couldnt give me an explanation.
Thanks for your help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:57 pm

When applying, send both passports and request the ILR endorsement to be placed in your new passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:26 am

vinny wrote:When applying, send both passports and request the ILR endorsement to be placed in your new passport.

... best option!

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:34 am

vinny wrote: send both passports and request the ILR endorsement to be placed in your new passport.
Has your old unexpired passport been 'CANCELLED'? I mean actually stamped with 'CANCELLED' or 'INVALID' or whatever, or had holes punched through it? If not, be aware that your old unexpired passport might be sent back to your national embassy by UKBA, while they return your new one to you endorsed with the ILR. A covering letter will be sent to you explaining that they have forwarded your old passport to your embassy because you cannot have two 'valid' passports. :?

This is what happened to a mate of mine who had an application pending with the Home Office. His country meanwhile changed passports. So when he got the new one, he sent it off with a covering letter for the visa to be endorsed in his new passport. When he got the new passport with visa back, the old one was missing! But a covering letter was included, explaining that it was returned to his embassy because it had not expired!

Not saying that this will happen to you, but just letting you know of someone else's experience.