ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

12 years overstayer - any light at the end of misery?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Onlinealien
Newly Registered

12 years overstayer - any light at the end of misery?

Post by Onlinealien » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:41 am

As my case stands I have to wait another two years to start asking the Home Office to grant me permission to live decently but till then is it possible to ask for any concession in order to regualrise my status?

I dug myself a giant hole and it's costing me dear.

Cheers

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:41 am

Lots are predicting the 14 year rule will have gone in two years time.

What country are you from?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

lboro

Post by lboro » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:14 pm

Wanderer wrote:Lots are predicting the 14 year rule will have gone in two years time.

What country are you from?
Well, you can't follow predictation in immigration business, just keep trying ur lucky! I guess new government in May 2010 might as well scrap this business of probation citizenship altogether

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:57 pm

lboro wrote: Well, you can't follow predictation in immigration business, just keep trying ur lucky! I guess new government in May 2010 might as well scrap this business of probation citizenship altogether
May be so, but you can't afford to be presumptuous either! The 14 year rule is on it's way out, it's just a matter of WHEN! And people who are basing their hopes of ILR on that are better off having a plan B in place, incase it all goes horribly wrong... 8)

lboro

Post by lboro » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:40 pm

Rozen wrote: May be so, but you can't afford to be presumptuous either! The 14 year rule is on it's way out, it's just a matter of WHEN! And people who are basing their hopes of ILR on that are better off having a plan B in place, incase it all goes horribly wrong... 8)
Well that is very true, but no one is guranteed either!, In life you have to have a plan B always in whatever you do!

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:35 pm

As my case stands I have to wait another two years to start asking the Home Office to grant me permission to live decently but till then is it possible to ask for any concession in order to regualrise my status?

I dug myself a giant hole and it's costing me dear.

Cheers
Do you have a partner/spouse or children in the UK?

Onlinealien
Newly Registered

Post by Onlinealien » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:11 pm

Thanks for the replies

I don't have kids but have a partner - I am skilled as well as software developer

The way the right-wing media and thinktanks as closing on GV decisions and public opinions i could expect the worst in the future: strangersintocitizens and all the good guys in the three parties will never pull out an amnesty for some of the UK undocumented immigrants

Cheers

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:54 am

The 14 year rule isn't a given anyway. It's definitely living on borrowed time, and will most likely go when/if the Conservatives win the next election. My opinion only.

Why don't you try for Article 8? There is discretion to consider those who fall between the 10 and 14 year gap. You'll need a whole lot of supporting evidence though.
Oh, the drama...!

titas
Newly Registered

Post by titas » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:18 pm

Does any one have any idea about 10 years residency? Is that going to exist or not?

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:37 pm

titas wrote:Does any one have any idea about 10 years residency? Is that going to exist or not?
Nobody can say for sure! Just have to keep your fingers (and toes) crossed!

titas
Newly Registered

Post by titas » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Rozen thank you ever so much for the response. At least it is not a NO yet.

Onlinealien
Newly Registered

Post by Onlinealien » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:20 am

Thanks, Jei2 for the unexpected ray of hope. When I read it my case has to be truly and exceptional!

How exceptional and true can it be?

Cheers [/u]