ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dO I need a Visa for Belfast ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ahmed_110
Newly Registered

dO I need a Visa for Belfast ?

Post by ahmed_110 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:40 pm

Hello

i am a student having a Valid UK visa from a non EU country in asia

do i need another visa to travel to BELFAST or i can travel on this visa

just for visit .

waiting for your reply

thnx

John

Post by John » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:44 pm

The United Kingdom is made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Your UK visa is valid for all of those, and as Belfast is in Northern Ireland, you already have a valid visa to go there.
John

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:21 pm

Ahmed, you might want to consider a bit of Geography for beginners course.

However be rest assured you will get to Belfast with the UK visa, you hold without any hindrance whatsoever.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: dO I need a Visa for Belfast ?

Post by ca.funke » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi Ahmed,

as you´ve already learned you can go to Belfast without additional visa.

Should you roam the countryside, beware of (accidently) crossing into the Republic of Ireland, that would be illegal - because: Unlike the name "Common Travel Area" suggest, it is actually the opposite - you may not travel freely within it.

Regards from the true Common Travel Area named "Schengen",
Christian

Obie
Ireland

Re: dO I need a Visa for Belfast ?

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:28 pm

ca.funke wrote:Hi Ahmed,

as you´ve already learned you can go to Belfast without additional visa.

Should you roam the countryside, beware of (accidently) crossing into the Republic of Ireland, that would be illegal - because: Unlike the name "Common Travel Area" suggest, it is actually the opposite - you may not travel freely within it.

Regards from the true Common Travel Area named "Schengen",
Christian
It is a shame isn't .

They said it is only for the mighty and omnipotent Brits and Irish.

Beware.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Belfast is a delight to visit. Super friendly welcoming (and helpful!) people. Well worth visiting while you are studying in the UK!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:55 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Belfast is a delight to visit. Super friendly welcoming (and helpful!) people. Well worth visiting while you are studying in the UK!
I was thinking of going there since the Irish have yet to issue me the right to work. As i have a right to live and work in the 6 counties, i though it will be nice and i will be commuting to the Republic now and then.

I was strongly advised not to go there at all. It is a very hostile environment.

Seeing what those Romanian had to endure and the threats send to the Islamic and Hindu council of Northern Ireland. I decided to stick with the devil i know.

Recently the Orange parade ended in violence, which was not unexpected.

I think that parade should be banned, as it aims to humiliate one segment of a society.

When was it that you visited there, directive

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:08 pm

I am living in the North, and I love it. Neither me nor my asian wife have had any Issues at all. Very friendly atmosphere, and overall much more enjoyable then south of the border (just my personal opinion after living there for 6 years).

There are a few idiots everywhere, but I wouldn't really say that it is not a reason to move or travel there. As in every corner of the globe there are Areas that are less desirable.

If I would go by what I see on the news I couldn't go anywhere on vacation anymore (incl. Ireland), as there is trouble almost everywhere. Use common sense, and you will be just fine.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:33 pm

dsab85 wrote:I am living in the North, and I love it. Neither me nor my asian wife have had any Issues at all. Very friendly atmosphere, and overall much more enjoyable then south of the border (just my personal opinion after living there for 6 years).

There are a few idiots everywhere, but I wouldn't really say that it is not a reason to move or travel there. As in every corner of the globe there are Areas that are less desirable.

If I would go by what I see on the news I couldn't go anywhere on vacation anymore (incl. Ireland), as there is trouble almost everywhere. Use common sense, and you will be just fine.
I would love to agree with you. But seeing the exodus of those Romanians, those ignorant placards reading "Belfast is the Queens land, only white British are welcome". It made me quite bothersome.

I heard things are a bit bearable in some republican areas.

I would love to go there, but right now i am uncomfortable with the idea.

If i can convince myself that the vandalism and all i saw where just isolated cases, i might change my mind.