ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Returning of passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

charliegal

ILR - Returning of passport

Post by charliegal » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:37 am

Hi, my husband is currently applying for ILR. I am meant to be travelling to New York on 26th August; however my husband needs to send my passport off with his application. Does anyone know whether they will send my passport back once they have recieved the documents, or will they return it when they have decided whether to give my husband ILR? Do you think I will need to cancel my trip :( ?

Thank you in advance
x

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:21 pm

They will return it with all the other documents once your husband's application has been processed. This could take anything from 1 to 6 months.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:10 am

Are you sure that your passport needs to be sent? Can you send a copy plus other proof of citizenship, eg your birth certificate?

It's not mandatory for a British citizen to have a passport, in the first place.