ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working rights of PIO holder (a british citizen) in India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

User

Working rights of PIO holder (a british citizen) in India

Post by User » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:06 pm

Hi All - I was recently naturalised as a British citizen and consequently lost my Indian citizenship. I am planning to apply for this PIO card (Person of Indian origin). There are differing views as to whether a PIO card holder can work / be self-employed etc. in India by holding a PIO card, apart from being able to freely travel to India without visas, invest in in properties in Inda, admit my children in schools, etc.

Does anybody have any ideas?

regards,

Ta!

basis

Post by basis » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:52 pm

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showth ... ge=1&pp=15

A good detailed 'mega' discussion on OIC (Overseas Indian Citizenship)....

I have pasted in the sticky as well......any more thoughts on this

basis

Post by basis » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:27 pm

Just to update now go for IOC instead of PIO - look at the sticky

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=4779

I have updated the link from MHA (Ministry of Home Affairs of India) website which gives clear process (it is cheap USD275 considering it is for life time and very straightforward - one who was an Indian citizen sometime in life only foreign passport, money, photos, form in duplicate is needed.)

Good luck.