ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed for job in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tier1Bangalore
Newly Registered

Help needed for job in UK

Post by Tier1Bangalore » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi guys ,

Now that i have gt my visa..... i m planning to reach there by 20th aug ..., though it is flexible.
any help in landing myself in a job will be greatly appreciated .
I am MBA(finance) and work for a leading MNC bank .

Thanks in advance.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:26 pm

Welcome to list of unemployed and enjoy yr holidays , spend all yr earning s in accomdation and lodginf , when moeny finshed please pay to british airways and back to bangalre

this is scenario my friend , by the way from which top 50 mba institute u didd yr mba ?

ChetanOjha

Re: Help needed for job in UK

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:37 pm

Tier1Bangalore wrote:Hi guys ,

Now that i have gt my visa..... i m planning to reach there by 20th aug ..., though it is flexible.

Thanks in advance.
Finance!! Quite a blessed field in these times :-).

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:25 pm

Tier1Bangalore

i feel sorry for you. you had mentioned that you work for a leading MNC. bank . so why would you want to come to a place where no jobs/hopes/future ?

dont take it personally or its not discouragement....You will realise, i could have been in my country with that job...

i cant advise you ..All the best my friend...

push

Re: Help needed for job in UK

Post by push » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:29 pm

Tier1Bangalore wrote:Hi guys ,

Thanks in advance.
There are openings in Finance sector. What is your experience? Which area have you worked in?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push

Post by push » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:38 pm

Now that you have decided to take the pluge, dont be discouraged by others' comments. London is still the financial capital of the World and all other industries largely depend on it. A decline in Financial Industry will have a huge negative impact on core manufacturing/retail and more so on other support sectors like IT etc. Thats the reason Govt is pumping in money into the sector.

If you have a good experience in niche area you can look forward to getting some interview calls (Banks have shown renewed appetite to hire ppl recently). Rest depends on how you do in the process.

However, bear in mind that its not going to be easy.
regards,
push

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Jedi001 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:45 am

push_hsmp wrote:Now that you have decided to take the pluge, dont be discouraged by others' comments. London is still the financial capital of the World and all other industries largely depend on it. A decline in Financial Industry will have a huge negative impact on core manufacturing/retail and more so on other support sectors like IT etc. Thats the reason Govt is pumping in money into the sector.

If you have a good experience in niche area you can look forward to getting some interview calls (Banks have shown renewed appetite to hire ppl recently). Rest depends on how you do in the process.

However, bear in mind that its not going to be easy.
Completely agree with Push, I am in IT Sector (IT Consultant), worked for companies like IBM/Microsoft in India, came here in March and I got a complete opposite response from the market. Though if you have skills/exp/certifications in your domain which I had, you should be able to find one job. I got the job in about 1 month and few days time, had to say that I was pretty lucky to get some interviews as the first 25 days there was nothing for me.

Note: Keep faith in your abilities all the time!!!

Regards
Jedi001

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:32 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:Welcome to list of unemployed and enjoy yr holidays , spend all yr earning s in accomdation and lodginf , when moeny finshed please pay to british airways and back to bangalre
this is scenario my friend , by the way from which top 50 mba institute u didd yr mba ?
Hope2007 wrote:Tier1Bangalore
i feel sorry for you. you had mentioned that you work for a leading MNC. bank . so why would you want to come to a place where no jobs/hopes/future ?
dont take it personally or its not discouragement....You will realise, i could have been in my country with that job...
Well I'm really quite amused. As you can see Tier1Blr, this is no place for quitter.

Don't forget to brush on the basics & bring loads of confidence along. That is gonna be the key to your job.

Will reply to your PM shortly.

diliprajan
Newly Registered

Post by diliprajan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:23 am

Congratulations to the guy to be qualified as highly skilled migrant. As Satish said, all of my friends and relatives are advising not go to UK now. I have go the migrant visa on June 04, 2009 but I am still staying in India. From the given opinion, there are bright chances to rise back in the beginning of the forth coming year. I am not sure 6 months waiting period may cause any hindrances in traveling. Because VFS - UK says beginning the travel after 3 months should be checked with immigration dept. Senior Migrants!, I know nothing is easy to get in this world. Please advise to get a part time job and survive till the job market sores.

push

Post by push » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:14 am

diliprajan wrote:From the given opinion, there are bright chances to rise back in the beginning of the forth coming year.
You can not time the market. No one can. You need to ask yourself - why do you want to come to UK? What if the situation remains the same 6 months hence? What is your risk appetite and what is the fall back option for you? It is difficult to give a generalised advice. I know of people who took a calculated risk, came here and got the job and also those working with me who were made redundant and some of them had to go back to their home countries..... individual circumstances, skills, the sector you are in, endurance limit and some luck decides where you end up. Ultimately it is you who has to decide about the future course of action. This applies to every important decision of your life including education, stream of study, work area, marriage, having kids, moving places etc. Emmigrating to another country being one of them.... think rationally and decide.

From macro level perspective, UK economy is still in dire straits but there are some feeble signs of stabilisation (not recovery). If at all recovery happens, the general consensus is, its going to be very slow and protracted one, unlike US which seems to be doing much better. But who knows.....
regards,
push

Tier1Bangalore
Newly Registered

Thanks for giving me the true picture!

Post by Tier1Bangalore » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:15 am

rsathish wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:Welcome to list of unemployed and enjoy yr holidays , spend all yr earning s in accomdation and lodginf , when moeny finshed please pay to british airways and back to bangalre
Well I'm really quite amused. As you can see Tier1Blr, this is no place for quitter.

Don't forget to brush on the basics & bring loads of confidence along. That is gonna be the key to your job.

Hi all,

Thanks to all for showing me the true scene there in UK but that would not deter me for giving my best shot.

Push_hsmp , i work for Bank of america on their derivatives application and i have recently passed Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) level 1 and will be appearing for level2 next june, my core area is Investment Banking.

rsathish, thanks for the guidance .. will wait for the PM .

For the rest......No pains , No gains .

Thanks & regards.

push

Post by push » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:59 pm

Derivative applications (which derivatives)- what exactly is the role? structuring/sales/trading? Some of your friends (who were at BoFA India 2 years ago) are in Morgan Stanley (Equity Derivatives Desk)- talk to them.
regards,
push

cskmail

Re: Thanks for giving me the true picture!

Post by cskmail » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:00 pm

Best of Luck Tier1Bangalore

Have you landed in UK?

Keep us updated about your experience in UK.
Tier1Bangalore wrote:
rsathish wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks to all for showing me the true scene there in UK but that would not deter me for giving my best shot.

Push_hsmp , i work for Bank of america on their derivatives application and i have recently passed Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) level 1 and will be appearing for level2 next june, my core area is Investment Banking.

rsathish, thanks for the guidance .. will wait for the PM .

For the rest......No pains , No gains .

Thanks & regards.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:26 pm

I hate to be the one to say this, but should this not be on the "Employment offers and job seekers" section of the forum?

About your questions Tier1Bangalore, till 2-3 months back all we used to hear was scary stories about how there are no jobs. But recently I have seen a lot of activity in the market.

A couple of friends of mine have recently bagged good job offers (none in finance though, so cannot comment in that area)

So, I would have to agree with push-hsmp on this, there are jobs around for the right people. Of course there is always a huge luck factor in these things.

So decide for yourself, and take a calculated risk.

Regards

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:33 pm

Well,market has picked up in last 2-3 weeks..

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:32 am

evry day 2000+ employees are laid off still market is improving

property prices are rising

have u ever heard in last 2 months this comapny created any jobs ?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:52 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:evry day 2000+ employees are laid off still market is improving

Is there any particular reason for these negative attitude. Things are definitely not as bad as you are painting. Where you got figure of 2000+ employees ?

Rising property prices are sign of improved market , isn't it?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:47 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:evry day 2000+ employees are laid off still market is improving

Is there any particular reason for this negative attitude. Things are definitely not as bad as you are painting. Where you got figure of 2000+ employees ?

Rising property prices are sign of improved market , isn't it?

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:53 am

Theres always two sides to every story.

Let Tier1 Banglore judge for himself.

mustafa1981
Newly Registered

Post by mustafa1981 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:45 am

Sushil Acca looks like he really had a annoying experience in UK but it doesnt mean that u discourage others mate...have a big heart and wish others a good luck there are many who got a job within 15-30 days...

mpunaskar

Post by mpunaskar » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:52 pm

@Tier1Bangalore

Its difficult to find job these days but its not impossible

Find out popular recruiting agencies in ur field , get an appointment. Meet agent , talk to him/her .Get advice from them.

In mean time save every penny you have.

Best of luck.