ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trip to India before or after HSMP extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

InUkOnHsmp

Trip to India before or after HSMP extension

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi Forum,

I am planning a trip to India soon. However, my HSMP visa is expiring in the first week of January. Now I am in a dilemma between the following 2 options:

1)
- Fly to India in the first week of October.
- Keep all extension documentation ready.
- Fly back to the UK in the last week of October.
- Apply for extension in a day or two of coming back.

Caveat: How will I explain my 2 month early extension application? If I had not just been to India I could have said that I need to go to India in that timeframe. Any suggestions here?

2)

- Apply for extension in the first/second week of October. Mention India trip as the reason for early application, provide tickets if it helps (do I need to?)
- Book tickets for the first week of December
- Wait for extension to happen, hopefully it will be done early enough.
- Fly to India in the first week of December.

Caveat: There are three problems here.

- First is that the extension takes long we might have to cancel the tickets and the plan will go phut. Is it reasonable to assume that the extension will come through in 2 months time?
- Secondly, we will be applying 3 months before expiry which might be a risk factor as well.
- Thirdly, tickets might be expensive as well, however the deal I am getting now has both October and December is almost similarly charged.

Seniors please advice on which course to take.

Regards
InUkOnHsmp

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Trip to India before or after HSMP extension

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:14 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote: Caveat: How will I explain my 2 month early extension application? If I had not just been to India I could have said that I need to go to India in that timeframe. Any suggestions here?
InUkOnHsmp
Extension 2-3months early is not a problem.. i applied in Jan 09 my expiry was in april 09.. i did not give any explanation.. hope this helps a bit..

If you apply for extension in reasonable early time.. if even there is a rejection u can fix that n can get a 2nd chance to reapply..

wait for more suggestions..

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:17 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
InUkOnHsmp wrote: Caveat: How will I explain my 2 month early extension application? If I had not just been to India I could have said that I need to go to India in that timeframe. Any suggestions here?
InUkOnHsmp
Extension 2-3months early is not a problem.. i applied in Jan 09 my expiry was in april 09.. i did not give any explanation.. hope this helps a bit..

If you apply for extension in reasonable early time.. if even there is a rejection u can fix that n can get a 2nd chance to reapply..

wait for more suggestions..
Agree.

bani

Post by bani » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:24 pm

You can apply early. But I suggest you take your trip to India first before applying for extension.

You never know what the processing time will be in a few months, it might be more than 2-3 months. It is very stressful to be waiting for a passport when you already have booked flights.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:21 am

Thanks tvn_ramesh, chetanojha and bani for your inputs.

I agree with Bani as it would be hell waiting for the visa and passport to come through with tickets in hand. And the turnaround time can never be predicted with certainty.

I think I am going to for the trip and then come back and apply in october end.

Thanks again folks.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:43 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:i applied in Jan 09 my expiry was in april 09.. i did not give any explanation.. hope this helps a bit..
If I'm not wrong, You switched from WP to T1 , aren't you ? Which is different from extension.

to InUkOnHsmp,

If I were you, I would have completed my trip to India.
About early extension, Given abuse of it in last few months, It's not long before home office will turn back "early" application.

If you have all documents then don't worry. And if things are going to be wrong that will be case, even if you apply early. It could take months to process your application. Go by your instinct about your case.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks for your reply gotcha.

The other thing which just occurred to me, is anyone aware of any rules about being in the UK for a minimum period right before the extension application. I would be in India most of October, and will be applying for extension right after I come back.

This might be a little paranoid thinking, but the question had come to my mind, so please advise.

Any other thoughts about if the trip will affect my extension application would be welcome.

Regards

push

Post by push » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:58 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Thanks for your reply gotcha.

The other thing which just occurred to me, is anyone aware of any rules about being in the UK for a minimum period right before the extension application. I would be in India most of October, and will be applying for extension right after I come back.

This might be a little paranoid thinking, but the question had come to my mind, so please advise.

Any other thoughts about if the trip will affect my extension application would be welcome.

Regards
As far as I am aware there is no such rule
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:47 pm

I am exactly in the same situation as yours. My visa expires in Feb 2010, but am flying to India in December. I dont want to come back and apply as it would be too late and I will not have time for reapplying if the first one fails.

so I am applying in Sep/Oct time, but had to book the flight tickets are I was getting them for £350ish.

ganesh2k04
Newly Registered

guru's / expert's - please answer ....

Post by ganesh2k04 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:37 am

Same for me, my current hsmp visa expires in Feb, 2010... planning to make a trip to home country meantime in decem 2009 before i float in my extension application onto Tier 1 General Migrant.. When is the earliest date I could send my application for extension please ... can i do it sept ? oct ?... is it not too early ?... any possibility for rejection by HO claiming *too early* etc... is there a rule that defines the earliest date we should stick to please ?

Premkumar99
BANNED

better stay there

Post by Premkumar99 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:09 am

better stay there itself

dima
Member of Standing

Re: better stay there

Post by dima » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:35 am

Premkumar99 wrote:better stay there itself
Look gentleman, this forum is meant to encourage people and guide them on process.

Your witty comment are not helping anyways.

Things are tough everywhere. We don't know what has happened with you which makes you saddistic and unpleasant.

You need to understand that, there is bit of global recession, everyone knows it and are ready to fight for the same.

Stop waisting your time here and do something fruitful as I don't see anyone taking you seriously.

Premkumar99
BANNED

dima

Post by Premkumar99 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:12 pm

Dima saithan, I am advising man. Just stay where you are in recession. May be once things are better you can immigrate to uganda and people would call you ugandan gaint. or go to africa and eat datees. Its better to open a beda shop rather than coming to U.K

dima
Member of Standing

Re: dima

Post by dima » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:26 pm

Premkumar99 wrote:Dima saithan, I am advising man. Just stay where you are in recession. May be once things are better you can immigrate to uganda and people would call you ugandan gaint. or go to africa and eat datees. Its better to open a beda shop rather than coming to U.K
hehehe.. where is your pan beeda shop??

Guys .. I guess this frustrated guy do not have a good business... lets try to make his business run by visiting his pan beeda shop evey sunday... hehehehe ..

Funny guy!!! :lol:
poor chap... he has lost his mental balance... why dont you visit a mental hospital.. I strongly suggest!!! :lol:

Premkumar99
BANNED

very close

Post by Premkumar99 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:54 pm

Very close to your home. you also open. by the way you are a mental psycho

dima
Member of Standing

Re: very close

Post by dima » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:59 pm

Premkumar99 wrote:Very close to your home. you also open. by the way you are a mental psycho
hehehe.. funny again...
No thanks ... the pan beeda shop is for youONLY.. hehehehe

I have a high profile job....

Good luck for your pan beedas... hope all your pan beeda sell today!! hehehehe.. we are planning for a family outing today.. we will buy many pans from your shop.. eep them ready!!

poor chap guys!!

dima
Member of Standing

Re: very close

Post by dima » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:04 pm

dima wrote:
Premkumar99 wrote:Very close to your home. you also open. by the way you are a mental psycho
hehehe.. funny again...
No thanks ... the pan beeda shop is for youONLY.. hehehehe

I have a high profile job....

Good luck for your pan beedas... hope all your pan beeda sell today!! hehehehe.. we are planning for a family outing today.. we will buy many pans from your shop.. Keep them ready!!

poor chap guys!!
I pity him...

ganesh2k04
Newly Registered

Post by ganesh2k04 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:03 pm

Out of this tussle, everyone has missed to reply my original question, can someone reply please...

thanks in advance,

a request to Moderator:- can the timewaster *premkumar* be banned please.....

push

Re: guru's / expert's - please answer ....

Post by push » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:13 pm

ganesh2k04 wrote:Same for me, my current hsmp visa expires in Feb, 2010... planning to make a trip to home country meantime in decem 2009 before i float in my extension application onto Tier 1 General Migrant.. When is the earliest date I could send my application for extension please ... can i do it sept ? oct ?... is it not too early ?... any possibility for rejection by HO claiming *too early* etc... is there a rule that defines the earliest date we should stick to please ?
There is no such rule as far as I know. One is encouraged to apply 4weeks before the current leave runs out but my guess is - it is not the earliest that they want ppl to apply rather the latest one should apply so as to get an extension before the current leave expires.

You can apply in October. A numbe rof ppl have got extensions approved 6 to 10months before expiry of their current leaves but that does not guarantee anything.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ganesh2k04
Newly Registered

Post by ganesh2k04 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:05 pm

thanks a ton Push, a valid viewpoint,

and also i think too early would in a way result applications that needs attention queued up too as they consider only certain no's per day ...

hat's off to this board, so helpful and makes life so easier

cheers