ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TO Kayalami, Chess, rogerroger, John, JAJ, archigabe, vinny

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

needhsmp

Post by needhsmp » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:40 am

HI GUYS,

I WANT TO APPLY FOR PSW I HAVE GOT MY RESULTS BUT DEGREE WILL BE ISSUE NEXT YEAR IN FEBRUARY BUT MY VISA IS EXPIRE IN AUGUST. I AM NOT SURE THAT I NEED LETTER FROM MY COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY TO APPLY FOR VISA AND WHAT SHOULD BE THE FORMAT OF LETTER COULD YOU PLEASE PROVIDE SAMPLE LETTER.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Last edited by needhsmp on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:30 am, edited 5 times in total.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:59 am

I am in a same situation as you. I studied from a listed college for a Uni qualification. I am applying at the end of this month after my graduation with my degree certificate. For your case, u need a letter confirming the details as per the guidence. So please read the guidence and make sure that letter has got all teh details as per the guidence. The details in u case which u need in a letter from the college are as follow. These are the notes from the HO.

ii) an original letter from the institution at
which the applicant studied towards his/her
eligible qualification. The letter must be an
original letter (not a copy), on the official
letter-headed paper of the United Kingdom
institution at which the applicant studied. It
must have been issued by an authorised
official and must confirm the:
• applicant’s name;
• title of the qualification;
• date of award (as defined in paragraph 76
of these guidance notes);
• start and end dates of the applicant’s
period/s of study and/or research for
this qualification at the United Kingdom
institution.
• the body awarding the qualification;
• explain the reason why the applicant is
unable to provide their original certificate of
award; and
• confirm that the certificate will be issued

There is no specific format of the letter and as long a sthe letter confirm the above details, u wud be fine. U need to read the guidence notes as well to make sure that u understand wat u need.

The most important thing is score for your "DATE OF AWARD". As u studied from a college for a uni qualification and u have got u results from the college. U also need a letter from the Uni who is awarding the qualification. The letter just notifies you that u have been presented to the examiners and they have decided to award you the qualification. It shud have u final exam board which is also u "DATE OF AWARD". Make sure that u get this confirmation from the UNI. In my case, i rang my uni and asked for a confirmation letter.

If you need any more info then get in toucha and gud luk.

needhsmp

thanks

Post by needhsmp » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:40 pm

thank you very much

needhsmp

LETTER

Post by needhsmp » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:23 pm

HI ASH I HAVE GOT BELOW LETTER FROM COLLEGE PLZ LET ME KNOW ABOUT YOUR COMMENTS AND ALSO CAN I ASK YOU FORMAT OF LETTER U GOT FROM YOUR UNI I SHALL BE VERY THANKFUL

To whom it may concern

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to confirm that Mrs. xxxx was enrolled on a research degree programme leading to the qualification of PhD at the University of xxxxx At the end of the examination process she has been successfully awarded the degree of M.Phil (one of the outcomes of PhD examination). The followings are the details of the award:

1. Student’s name: Mrs. xxxxx

2. Title of the qualification: M.Phil (Master of Philosophy)

3. Start and end date of the student’s period of study: 2nd October xxxx- 22nd Januaryxxx

4. Date of award: 22nd January xxx

5. Details of the awarding body: University of xxxxx

I can confirm that the the certificate of award will be issued in due course. As she has successfully completed the degree of M.Phil she is expected to attend the graduation ceremony to be held inxxxx.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further queries.

Yours faithfully,

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:38 pm

The letter look fine but u need to do the following as per PSW guidence.

1. Details of the Body awarding the qualification
2. Reasons why the applicant is unable to present the certificate of award
3. Confirm that certificate of award will be issued.

You need to ask u college to amend the letter and explain the above in details. Full address of the UNI will be good. Explain the reasons why u can not present u certificate. So basically u need to ask them to rewrite the above (No 1 and 2) in details.

The second thing u need to do is to get a confirmation from u uni for certificate of award. The HO def need that. U also need a letter from the university confirming u award. If u read the guidence on PSW for "CERTIFICATE OF AWARD" u will be understand that as HO has clearly mentioned that if the college is not the awarding body then they need confirmation from uni as the awarding body. I wud advise to ring the uni and ask them to write a award confirmation letter.

needhsmp

re-letter

Post by needhsmp » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:59 am

thanks for you reply i think no 1 and 3 is already in the letter the only thing i ask them to amend is reason why degree is not issue as follow

2. we confirm that certificate will be issue to him next year in graducation ceremony so that is the reason why he is not able to provide degree.

please let me have your comments thanks

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:31 am

needhsmp,

the letter you are proividing was the same letter that I provided to this forum.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=41728

That letter is absolutely perfect. You don't need to give a reason sfor not obtaining the certificate. Since the uni is saying that the uni will provide cert. in due course and also you are mentioning that you will attend the gradution ceremony. Therefore don't worry at all.

assh786,
My advise to you is that read the letter properly before raising any such queries. (e.e details of awarding body etc etc) since all the information are provided in that letter and it is as per guidelines. Many people got thier PSW with my draft letter.

needhsmp

college for uni qualification

Post by needhsmp » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:02 am

thanks you very much raj for your reply actually i m also following format of your letter but in my case my i was studying in a college for a uni qualification so i need two letters one from college and other from uni i will use your format for college letter but university want to me to give them exact format as they have not issued such letter yet so they want to me to give them exact format for the confirmation of date of award could you please provide me format i shall be very thankful to you.

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:29 am

I don't think you need to provide anything uni. Don't make them confused. HO must have got record that you are studying at the college not at the Uni (even though you getting it from Uni). My advice would be give only one letter from college. that's it. don't get me wrong , HO employes mostly stupid people. if they find two letter they will get confused. Make sure the letterhead is properly stamped also.

needhsmp

re-letter

Post by needhsmp » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:12 pm

thanks for your advice please see below the requirement of home office in one of the line says date of award (as defined in paragraph 76
of these guidance notes); i have copy the paragraph please have a look and give your advice still i need dont need from uni or i do need letter from uni as well. thanks alot

If the certificate has yet to be issued, the
applicant will be unable to provide the original
certificate of award. In these circumstances,
the applicant must provide:
ii) an original letter from the institution at

• applicant’s name;
• title of the qualification;
of these guidance notes);
• the body awarding the qualification;
• explain the reason why the applicant is
unable to provide their original certificate of
award; and
• confirm that the certificate will be issued.

76. The date of award is taken as the
date on which the applicant was first notified,
in writing, by the awarding institution, that
the qualification has been awarded. This
notification may have been made in writing,
directly to the applicant, or by the institution
publishing details of the award, either in writing
(for example, via an institution notice board) or
electronically (for example, on the institution’s
website). Where the notification was not in the
form of direct correspondence to the applicant,
we will require direct confirmation of the date
of award from the institution in writing.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:23 pm

RAJ2007 wrote:I don't think you need to provide anything uni. Don't make them confused. HO must have got record that you are studying at the college not at the Uni (even though you getting it from Uni). My advice would be give only one letter from college. that's it. don't get me wrong , HO employes mostly stupid people. if they find two letter they will get confused. Make sure the letterhead is properly stamped also.
I told him wat HO has told me and for u kind information students stuyding at a uni are fine with one letter but students stuyding at colleges for uni qualifications need to letters as advised by HO and it clearly states in the PSW guidence. I suggest you to read it properly and then made comments. I am copying from PSW for u kind dinformaiton as i think u dont understand wat it says in the guidence (LOL).

Read the above and tell me that how on earth a letter from college will do the job as it clearly states that HO needs a written confirmation from the awarding institution which wud be the uni and not the college. I advised (NEEDHSMP) as he is in a same situation as mine. I have also also seen two posts here where the student was refused as no written confirmation was provided from the awarding institution for "DATE OF AWARD". I have given him honest advise and its upto him (NEEDHSMP) to do wat he thinks is the best. (Needhsmp) if u search this forum then u will see student who got rejected because of that.

(NEEDHSMP) u have read the notes and u kno it says that HO needs a written confirmation from the awarding institution so plz decide uself as i can not advise and help anymore as i have explained in full details.

needhsmp

thanks

Post by needhsmp » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:02 am

thank you very much i will get a letter from uni as well i m going to apply in person so i will give it to them if they will ask for it thanks alot

ammeck09

Re: thanks

Post by ammeck09 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:21 pm

needhsmp wrote:thank you very much i will get a letter from uni as well i m going to apply in person so i will give it to them if they will ask for it thanks alot
why do you want to hold onto the letter from univ until they ask of it. do you want to be denied before you go for appeal with the two letters? just give the officer the two letters straigth-away to avoid any regret.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:55 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

needhsmp

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE

Post by needhsmp » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:59 pm

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

needhsmp

Very very urgent plz advice

Post by needhsmp » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:39 pm

Hi guys,

I was studying in a college for the degree of university .I have receive the below letter from college.

To Whome it may concern

This is to confirm that ...... was enroleed on a Master degree programme leading to the qualification of MBA in International Finance at the College

At the end of the examination process he has been successfully awarded the degree of MBA in International Finance. The following are the details of the award:

1. Student's name: xxxxxx
2. Title of Qualification: xxxxx
3. Start and end date : xxxxx
4. Date of Award: xxxxx
5. body awarding the qualification: xxxxx

we can also confirm that the certificate of award will be issue in due course . As he has successfully completed the degree of MBA Finance he is expected to attend the graduation ceremony to be held in April-2010.

please do not hesitate to contact us should the need arise for further information.

Your faithfully,

please let me know do i need a letter from university or will that be ok the provide only one letter which i have got from my college as mention above. I am thankful for your suggestions above that i need two letter one from university and one from college but could you please see the below notes which i provided wrongly in my previous post regarding paragraph 76 of the guidance notes i mentioned that this below paragraphe home office want from the university but i just by chance read the paragraph no 79. documents require please also see below it clearly mention that original document from the institutionat which the applicant studied toward his/her elegible qualification. (i have studied in the college not university please let me have your valued suggestions.

Documents required

79. In order to score 15 points for this
attribute, the specified evidence the applicant
must provide is:
i) original document from the institution at
• applicant’s name;
• title of the qualification
institution; and
of these guidance notes).

80. If the applicant has already provided
an original letter in support of points claimed
for the other attributes, then the same letter
is acceptable as evidence in support of this
attribute, providing it contains all the required
information.

in above no 80. they have mentioned that if applicant has already provided an original letter in support of points claimed for the other attrubutes then the same letter is acceptable as evidence in support of this attribute, so i have got a letter from college as i have given the format above now please let me have your suggestions that shall i go ahead with only college letter or do i need a letter from university as well

ash786
BANNED

Re: Very very urgent plz advice

Post by ash786 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:43 pm

needhsmp wrote:Hi guys,

I was studying in a college for the degree of university .I have receive the below letter from college.

To Whome it may concern

This is to confirm that ...... was enroleed on a Master degree programme leading to the qualification of MBA in International Finance at the College

At the end of the examination process he has been successfully awarded the degree of MBA in International Finance. The following are the details of the award:

1. Student's name: xxxxxx
2. Title of Qualification: xxxxx
3. Start and end date : xxxxx
4. Date of Award: xxxxx
5. body awarding the qualification: xxxxx

we can also confirm that the certificate of award will be issue in due course . As he has successfully completed the degree of MBA Finance he is expected to attend the graduation ceremony to be held in April-2010.

please do not hesitate to contact us should the need arise for further information.

Your faithfully,

please let me know do i need a letter from university or will that be ok the provide only one letter which i have got from my college as mention above. I am thankful for your suggestions above that i need two letter one from university and one from college but could you please see the below notes which i provided wrongly in my previous post regarding paragraph 76 of the guidance notes i mentioned that this below paragraphe home office want from the university but i just by chance read the paragraph no 79. documents require please also see below it clearly mention that original document from the institutionat which the applicant studied toward his/her elegible qualification. (i have studied in the college not university please let me have your valued suggestions.

Documents required

must provide is:
• applicant’s name;
institution; and

information.

in above no 80. they have mentioned that if applicant has already provided an original letter in support of points claimed for the other attrubutes then the same letter is acceptable as evidence in support of this attribute, so i have got a letter from college as i have given the format above now please let me have your suggestions that shall i go ahead with only college letter or do i need a letter from university as well
U still need a letter from the university for the award date confirmation. Yes it says that u need a letter where u studied at but if you read the requirement of that letter it says "DATE OF AWARD AS DEFINED INPARAGRAPH 76). So to fulfill the requirement of paragraph 76 u need a letter from the university and then the letter from the college will use that date in the letter from the college. I think we did explain that in details before and i did tell you that u need a letter from the university and if you do not submit it u application will be refused. I do not understand that why can not u ask the university a letter for u award. U have been asking the same question and everybody has informed you that u need a letter from the university.

needhsmp

please read the paragraph 76-77-78-79-80

Post by needhsmp » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Dear Ash786,

Please read the paragraph 76-77-78-79-80 i wish after reading these paragraphe you will say that i only need letter from college.
(university staff is saying we cannt issue letter for students who are studying in compus so only college can issue the letter according to the university rules.)

77. We do not accept the date of award as
the date of graduation.

78. Providing the date of award of the
eligible qualification is no more than 12 months
before the date of application, 15 points will be
awarded for this attribute.
Documents required

must provide is:
• applicant’s name;
institution; and
Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Policy Guidance page 17

thanks alot

needhsmp

anyone plz ???

Post by needhsmp » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:23 pm

anyone plz???

ash786
BANNED

Re: please read the paragraph 76-77-78-79-80

Post by ash786 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:45 pm

needhsmp wrote:Dear Ash786,

Please read the paragraph 76-77-78-79-80 i wish after reading these paragraphe you will say that i only need letter from college.
(university staff is saying we cannt issue letter for students who are studying in compus so only college can issue the letter according to the university rules.)

77. We do not accept the date of award as
the date of graduation.

78. Providing the date of award of the
eligible qualification is no more than 12 months
before the date of application, 15 points will be
awarded for this attribute.
Documents required

must provide is:
• applicant’s name;
institution; and

thanks alot
Well let me make it clear in another way,

According to above now tell me what is paragraph 76. The paragraph 76 says taht HO needs a written confirmation from the awarding body which is university and not the college. If you are so sure that u do not need a letter form the university then go ahead and apply see wat happens.

needhsmp

Post by needhsmp » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:54 pm

i am very thankful for your response dear if i am sure then i would not ask for you senior members advice as university is not issueing me letter so i will have only one letter from collegee which mentioned above on the day of appointment with home office.

Please read in guidance notes after paragraphe 76 that what documents home office require for the date of award. It clearly say i need a letter from the institution where application studied.

Documents required
must provide is:
• applicant’s name;
institution; and
information.

thanks alot
Last edited by needhsmp on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

needhsmp

Anyone plz ????

Post by needhsmp » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:18 am

Anyone plz ????

needhsmp

could anyone plz

Post by needhsmp » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:27 am

could anyone plz response to the above just going to apply after few dayss

needhsmp

Post by needhsmp » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:31 am

Kayalami, Chess, rogerroger, John, JAJ, archigabe, vinny Could you please let me have your valued suggestion on above i shall be very very thankful to you.