ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Illegal getting married with EU citizen in Ireland advice pl

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

20ireland08
Newly Registered

Illegal getting married with EU citizen in Ireland advice pl

Post by 20ireland08 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:58 am

Illegal getting married with EU citizen in Ireland advice please?

Hi to every one, I am unlawfully in Ireland my partner is British we just moved to Ireland from UK, my partner on full time employment, we getting married in Ireland soon, please advise me on immigration mutter and what’s the procedure .
-will I have difficulty sorting my immigration states?
-what’s the procedure and documentation needed?
-what’s the easy way to do it?
-how will explain my situation to immigration?
-will I get stamp4 6 month even I am unlawfully in Ireland?
-applying for asylum will ease my application?
Please advise me and forward me to any links regarding this mutter. Thanks for all of you.
:( :(

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi and welcome.

Once you're married, complete form EU1 (application for a Residence Card of a family member of a Union citizen, "Stamp 4 EUFam") and send it to the following address:

EU Treaty Rights Section,
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service,
Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform,
13/14 Burgh Quay,
Dublin 2.

Together with your application, you should include:

Both your passports,
Evidence of residence in Ireland (utility bill / rental agreement / PRTB letter),
Marriage certificate,
2 passport photos of each of you,
Proof that your spouse is working in Ireland.

The Residence Card must be issued within six months of application. A certificate of application for a Residence Card must be issued immediately. In addition, the Department of Justice may cause the Garda National Immigration Bureau to issue to you a "Stamp 4" card, valid for 6 months. Note that this card is not an entitlement. Regardless, your right to reside, in accordance with the provisions of the Directive, begins from the moment of your marriage.

I'm intentionally ignoring your reference to a hypothetical asylum claim.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Illegal getting married with EU citizen in Ireland advic

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:13 pm

20ireland08 wrote:Illegal getting married with EU citizen in Ireland advice please?

Hi to every one, I am unlawfully in Ireland my partner is British we just moved to Ireland from UK, my partner on full time employment, we getting married in Ireland soon, please advise me on immigration mutter and what’s the procedure .
-will I have difficulty sorting my immigration states?
-what’s the procedure and documentation needed?
-what’s the easy way to do it?
-how will explain my situation to immigration?
-will I get stamp4 6 month even I am unlawfully in Ireland?
-applying for asylum will ease my application?
Please advise me and forward me to any links regarding this mutter. Thanks for all of you.
:( :(
If you and your partner where in a durable relationship, before you came to Ireland, you are not considered undocumented alien., under EU laws.

If you manage to get married that will certainly be great.

Just to add to Ben's input on proof of Resident, you will certainly need the PRTB, i submitted a Tenancy agreement and Utility bill and the DOJ wrote to me saying they need the PRTB within ten day.

Four months down the line, i am yet to receive it. I think it will be in your best interest applying for it now, except if you own you home, or living with a friend or with your landlord.

If you landlord resides in the same property as you, you don't need to get the PRTB, just a letter confirming you are living in the same household, together with the other proofs.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

20ireland08
Newly Registered

advice on eufam 6month?

Post by 20ireland08 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:47 am

Thanks for reply to every one; I didn’t understand what do u mean by A certificate of application for a Residence Card must be issued immediately.
-How do I get that?
-my passport is expire do I still get the certificate?
-do I reply for it in person by filling another form?
-Am I entitled to work at that period of six month?
-can I travel with the 6 month certificate?

Obie
Ireland

Re: advice on eufam 6month?

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:06 am

20ireland08 wrote:Thanks for reply to every one; I didn’t understand what do u mean by A certificate of application for a Residence Card must be issued immediately.
-How do I get that?
-my passport is expire do I still get the certificate?
-do I reply for it in person by filling another form?
-Am I entitled to work at that period of six month?
-can I travel with the 6 month certificate?
You first of all need to get your passport sorted. The DOJ will not accept your application without a valid passport.

A certificate of application is like an acknowledgment for you Resident Card Application. It is usually accompanied by a letter written on behalf of the minister instructing you to register with the Garda for a temporary Stamp 4, which is valid for 6 months whiles your application is processed.

You are allowed to work and travel during this period, provided you apply for a re-entry visa when you plan to travel.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

akwadaa

Post by akwadaa » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:36 pm

HI 20ireland08 U need to sort out your passport first as obie said..without a valid passport or any proper national identity u cannot get married in ireland..after sortin out your passport u also need to get a PPS number aswell..U can only do away with the PPS number requirement if u convince them that u dont reside in ireland and that u are jst gettin married here and go away...this doesnt apply to u as in ur case u certainly going to be living here after the marriage..