ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer letter for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

babjirajnikumar
Newly Registered

Employer letter for ILR

Post by babjirajnikumar » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi all,
iam applying for my ILR on basis of 4 yrs WP + 1yr Tier1(general)
do I have to produce any letter from my employer??
because in the application form they are only asking letter from employer if you are applying as work permit holder

hert

Post by hert » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:41 am

babjirajnikumar

I would suggest to attach the most recent letter (<30 days old) while going for ILR application with all other documents.
Do you foresee any difficulty in getting one?

Cheers

babjirajnikumar
Newly Registered

Post by babjirajnikumar » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:54 am

thanks for the advice.
i have converted to Tier1(general) from WP and I have not informed my employer about that. hence i am not sure whether they will give the letter if i ask them now..

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:59 am

If you are going to apply as Tier1 - would you still need a letter from employer ? I guess letter is only required if you are applying as WP holder as per the information available .

babjirajnikumar wrote:thanks for the advice.
i have converted to Tier1(general) from WP and I have not informed my employer about that. hence i am not sure whether they will give the letter if i ask them now..

babjirajnikumar
Newly Registered

Post by babjirajnikumar » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:16 am

exactly, thats what even i am thinking... because in the application they are asking the employer letter if you are applying as WP holder.... but in my case its a mix of 4 hrs WP + 1 yr Tier1(General)... so iam just wondering will they ask a letter from employer for that WP period....

hert

Post by hert » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:39 am

If you are not able to obtain letter for previous 4 years, then try to provide P60s, salary slips and supporting bank statements etc.

babjirajnikumar
Newly Registered

Post by babjirajnikumar » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:49 am

yes I have all the payslips, bank statements and p60s covering for those 4 yrs.. is that sufficient??