ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

an interview scheduled

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bruceb

an interview scheduled

Post by bruceb » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:48 pm

Hi
All this while I had no luck for an interview, finally i'm getting good responses offlate. I'm into C#.net, ASP.Net and Agile/Scrum.

Can you help me with what sort of format would the technical questions be ? and would it be similar to India?

Please help me!

Regards

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:35 pm

Fist of all, congratulations for getting an interview scheduled. You have won half the battle.

There is no fixed pattern as the interview questions depend on the interviewer.

Generally speaking you will be asked to elaborate your previous project and your role. You will be asked techincal question based on what you have mentioned in your cv. You will be judged based on how effective you are while communicating with the interviewer. So, just knowing the answer is not good enough, you should be able to convey your answer effectively.

Be confident and you'll succeed. All the best.

horizon123
Newly Registered

Question on settling in UK

Post by horizon123 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi,

If in interview, you are asked if you wish to settle in uk or how long do you wish to reside in uk, what do you think should be the answer?? I am sure it has to be a diplomatic one. Especially in this job market where so many uk citizens have lost their job, if you are not a uk citizen, and still trying your hand at getting a job in uk, isnt it a tricky question to answer??

aditbhiday
Newly Registered

Post by aditbhiday » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:17 pm

I had a chance to face a few interviews from Citigroup for Java and I would say the pattern is quite similar to what we find in India or the US. In one of the cases, it was actually Indians working for Citigroup who were interviewing me. I would say it was fairly technical. You definitely need to be articulate when answering those questions and more importantly you should know what you are talking about. The questions were mostly questions about the java platform. On the .Net side, I guess the questions would test your knowledge of .Net.
BTW which web site did you use to apply? Did you use a UK or an India number as contact?Anything out of the ordinary that you did to get an interview because they seem to be hard to come by.

bruceb

Post by bruceb » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:01 pm

This job is something i applied for some 25 days ago, so I completed the first round last week and the next week would be technical round.
Most here say that since it's summer many would be on holiday, so it might take sometime for response. The employers may not consider if you are still in India.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Hopefully this may help get an idea
August is the last official month of summer in the UK and quite a few people go on 2 or 3 week breaks. It's sort of a tradition now and you can see many people taking a good break in August. Schools are also closed until 1st week of September so extended family getaways are very common.
This generally slows down the overall process as key decision makers are not available.
September and October are most important in the year and most job adverts and overall processes tend speeds up but no guarantees :-)
Come November and December, job adverts dry out, as businesses wind down for XMas. Contract roles are aplenty to cover for people taking a long XMas break.
Then, come Feb / March next year, and like every year before the recession, the entire forum here hopes things will pick up full steam

Thats a bird's view of the next few months.

Cheers
KP

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:38 pm

Edit

That's a bird's eye view of the next few months

:-)

pyke

Post by pyke » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:39 pm

Thank you kenfrapin, that's very helpful to job seekers out there!

bruceb

Post by bruceb » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:10 pm

Interview second round scheduled, may be the final round.
I welcome all the tips, hope this week turns out to be a good one.
Please let me know how the HR rounds are conducted etc. Please note this is senior role , equivalent to project leader

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Congrats Bruceb,

Senior level role interviews will always be around what you have done in your previous employment. You can be assured most questions will revolve around your experience and mixed with this will be some scenarios that the company normally faces as part of their project life cycles.
Your best bet is to know very well what you have done in a similar role before and you should definitely have a handful of accomplishments ready or rather, important things you had done that made a difference. They also prefer to know your future plans and where you see yourself with the company in a few years time. You dont need to give a rosy perfect answer and they dont expect that. So flattery aside, try to be earnest and whereever safe, give answers that look more to suit your future rather than trying to show all you want is benefit to the company, noone believes that

The interview will be lengthy as they like it when candidates express themselves but there is a very thin line between competance and stupidity :-) so dont go all out.

Once again, all the best. If this is a technical role, then I am not sure what else will be asked but I do know that for senior roles the interview tends to linger around your previous experience and what you have done earlier or what you can bring to the table that seperates you from the rest.

Cheers
KP

bruceb

Post by bruceb » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:55 pm

Kenfrapin,
Thanks for the valuable tips. This would certainly help for me.