ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this normal to get late ceremony date fro BC?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

momer79

Is this normal to get late ceremony date fro BC?

Post by momer79 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi, Today i received the letter from Home Office saying that my application has been accepted for BC. Later i called the Leeds council for booking ceremony and i have been given the date of 11th Sept, also the weird thing is that ceremony will be held in wakefield council ( i live in wakefield but i applied for BC through Leeds council NCS office becuase there isn't any NCS office in wakefield).

Do i need to call wakefield Council for reschedualing ceremony date?

Thanks.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: Is this normal to get late ceremony date fro BC?

Post by justice_will_reign » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:31 pm

momer79 wrote:Hi, Today i received the letter from Home Office saying that my application has been accepted for BC. Later i called the Leeds council for booking ceremony and i have been given the date of 11th Sept, also the weird thing is that ceremony will be held in wakefield council ( i live in wakefield but i applied for BC through Leeds council NCS office becuase there isn't any NCS office in wakefield).

Thanks.
I think there is a section on the application form for you to specify where you want the ceremony, if you have left that blank, that may have made HO to assume you want it in Leeds. Just Wakefield a call and hear what they would say.

rkudum
Newly Registered

Post by rkudum » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:58 pm

momer79 wrote:Hi, Today i received the letter from Home Office saying that my application has been accepted for BC. Later i called the Leeds council for booking ceremony and i have been given the date of 11th Sept, also the weird thing is that ceremony will be held in wakefield council ( i live in wakefield but i applied for BC through Leeds council NCS office becuase there isn't any NCS office in wakefield).

Thanks.
Hi momer79,

how long did home office take to process u r application and in which category did u apply?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:30 pm

Thanks.
I suppose 'Late' is all relative. Have a look at this thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=1720 to compare your times. Also while in there if you could kindly share your information in the same format as the others have done. this information is somewhat very useful to any prospective applicants.

with regards to ceremony venue they normally give you a venue closest to you unless if you request otherwise, it doesnt matter where you lodged the application. Also you can have a private ceremony much earlier if you wanted but for a fee of course

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:10 pm

Whats a private ceremony. It is really fast day or 2? how much that charges?
f2k wrote:

Thanks.
I suppose 'Late' is all relative. Have a look at this thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=1720 to compare your times. Also while in there if you could kindly share your information in the same format as the others have done. this information is somewhat very useful to any prospective applicants.

with regards to ceremony venue they normally give you a venue closest to you unless if you request otherwise, it doesnt matter where you lodged the application. Also you can have a private ceremony much earlier if you wanted but for a fee of course

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:17 pm

See here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... /ceremony/
You can arrange a private ceremony. You should discuss your requirements with your local authority. You may have to pay an additional fee to arrange a private ceremony.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:10 am

momer79 wrote:Do i need to call wakefield Council for reschedualing ceremony date?

Thanks.
You are unlikely to get an earlier date unless you try to arrage your ceremony at a different location or a private ceremony.

"In the Metropolitan District of Wakefield citizenship ceremonies take place in the Old Court Room in Wakefield Town Hall at approximately six week intervals, each with roughly 15-20 new citizens who may bring up to two guests each."