ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP ILR Dependent - Application for Naturalisation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:01 pm

ob40 wrote:Hello,

I have a small query. I got my and my dependent's ILR on 6 July 2009 under the HSMP Judicial Review Judgement. I got a letter from the Home Office back-dating my ILR to October 2008. However, that letter only has my name on it and not of my dependents. My dependents will be completing 5 years in UK by that time too. I am wondering if the absence of their names on that letter backdating my ILR will affect their naturalisation application. I would all of us to be applying together.

Regards

OB
I think it might be a problem for your Spouse but not any children dependents. So if you can get a letter for your spouse then do so.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:12 pm

Mehr Nazakat Ali wrote:Hi
a little case history

1- I along with my dependents (son and wife) obtained back dated ILR from 04/10/2008 under JR
2- son was born in UK in 2007
3- wife will complete 3 years in UK in November 2009
4- we are expecting our 2nd baby around December 2009 time

What would be the best combinatin to apply for citizenship to save time, effort and money.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks
Basically the couples can pay a discounted fee if they apply at same time for £850 (instead of £720 each),
Children fees £460 for the first child plus another £50 for any additional children.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... from060409

Now in your case Child born here can apply TODAY if you wanted (cause he was born here and you now have ILR)
The other child will be British if (born here or if born whereever if you have BC at that time)
To save on the couples fee it means you will have to wait for you wife to get to 5years which is in more than 2 years time, in which a lot can happen in 2 years so in my view apply for yours in October 2009. Once you attend your citizenship ceremony then your wife can apply, this can be as early as December this year or even earlier at the rate they have been approving application lately
Last edited by f2k on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mehr Nazakat Ali
BANNED

Post by Mehr Nazakat Ali » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:51 pm

thanks f2k

ob40

Post by ob40 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:14 am

Many thanks f2k

I hope you wont mind suggesting how do I go about getting that letter. Also a friend suggested that it might not be a problem if we apply together and have completed 5 years stay in UK and only if we apply separately, i.e., she has less than 5 years stay in UK that I would need that letter. I shall be grateful for your comments on that.

Thank you & best wishes

Ob
f2k wrote:

I have a small query. I got my and my dependent's ILR on 6 July 2009 under the HSMP Judicial Review Judgement. I got a letter from the Home Office back-dating my ILR to October 2008. However, that letter only has my name on it and not of my dependents. My dependents will be completing 5 years in UK by that time too. I am wondering if the absence of their names on that letter backdating my ILR will affect their naturalisation application. I would all of us to be applying together.

Regards

OB
I think it might be a problem for your Spouse but not any children dependents. So if you can get a letter for your spouse then do so.

Mehr Nazakat Ali
BANNED

Post by Mehr Nazakat Ali » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:18 pm

thanks well pointed. i forgot to mention that letter was in the name of all of us.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:07 pm

quote="ob40"]Many thanks f2k

I hope you wont mind suggesting how do I go about getting that letter. Also a friend suggested that it might not be a problem if we apply together and have completed 5 years stay in UK and only if we apply separately, i.e., she has less than 5 years stay in UK that I would need that letter. I shall be grateful for your comments on that.

Thank you & best wishes

Ob

Regards
when awill your wife complete 5 years ie how long after you complete your 5years? you see if you are not applying at the same time you should do yours at the earliest opportunity and when you get your naturalisation certificate then your wife can then apply as long as she has a minimum 3years stay at the stage.

ob40

Post by ob40 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:15 am

Many thanks for the reply. She will complete her 5 years nearly at the same time as I as we enter UK just a few days apart, and hence my keenness to apply together. I have decided to get that letter amended. A friend also had a similar problem and he wrote back to the person who had signed his letter and he received the corrected letter in 3 days. Of course applying separately is a fallback in the worst case scenario, albeit an expensive one.

Best wishes

OB
f2k wrote:
quote="ob40"]Many thanks f2k

Thank you & best wishes

Ob

Regards
when awill your wife complete 5 years ie how long after you complete your 5years? you see if you are not applying at the same time you should do yours at the earliest opportunity and when you get your naturalisation certificate then your wife can then apply as long as she has a minimum 3years stay at the stage.