ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traffic Offence for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NutanRaj

Traffic Offence for ILR

Post by NutanRaj » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:56 am

Hi,
I got 3 points and 60£ fixed penalty on my UK license one year back
Reason is : Driving not accordance to License.
.6 months back i got extension on Tier1 (Where I specified Traffic Offence details on the application form and no issues)..

In 3 months period(where i will finish 5 years in UK) i am going for Indefinite Stay.

My Questions is: Will it be a problem for Indefinite Stay?

Please advise...

Thanks
Raj

Sten

Re: Traffic Offence for ILR

Post by Sten » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:04 am

if this didn't go to court, I see no problem ..
Good luck !

amreenmalik

No probs

Post by amreenmalik » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:51 am

Hi,
My friend had the same situation and even worse.
He missed the penalty letter and finally got a summon from the courts for driving offence. He paid the penalty in courts and informed that he missed the letter while moving home. He did mention that for his ILR application which was important as advised by solicitor. He got his ILR with no probelms. But you must mention in the application about it.

All the best.

NutanRaj

Re: No probs

Post by NutanRaj » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:22 pm

amreenmalik wrote:Hi,
He missed the penalty letter and finally got a summon from the courts for driving offence. He paid the penalty in courts and informed that he missed the letter while moving home. He did mention that for his ILR application which was important as advised by solicitor. He got his ILR with no probelms. But you must mention in the application about it.

All the best.
Thanks Ameer. I will specify in my form. Hope for the best.
Thanks

senthil78
Member of Standing

Re: No probs

Post by senthil78 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:39 pm

NutanRaj wrote:
amreenmalik wrote:Hi,

All the best.
Thanks Ameer. I will specify in my form. Hope for the best.
Thanks
If it is fixed penalty (Not given at the court), no need to mention

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:45 am

mentione it

u will be relieved and so long no cour is involved u r safe

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:28 am

How about a minor offence such as Penalty given on the spot for not wearing a seat belt? does that need to be mentioned?
Magsi

NutanRaj

Thanks

Post by NutanRaj » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:09 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:mentione it

u will be relieved and so long no cour is involved u r safe
Thanks Sushil

s_max
Newly Registered

Post by s_max » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:54 am

Hi, I have a similar problem :( : Overspeeding + Driving not according to license (was on oversea driving license), will this be a problem for my ILR application (long residence) at PEO? Is there any success story?

thx

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:01 pm

s_max wrote:Hi, I have a similar problem :( : Overspeeding + Driving not according to license (was on oversea driving license), will this be a problem for my ILR application (long residence) at PEO? Is there any success story?

thx
I understand Overseas driver (at least from India) are allowed to drive in UK for 1 year after which they are expected to aquire UK License. What that the case with you. I though the would just check if you have a license and let you go without any technical digging.

Anyways what was the issue then did they charge you with a hefty fine for driving on overseas license?

s_max
Newly Registered

Post by s_max » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:08 pm

The fine was £120

mmk385
Newly Registered

ILR and Traffic Offences

Post by mmk385 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:05 pm

I have applied for ILR 4 weeks ago(based on HSMP JR)and I am still waiting to hear from home office. I had 3 speeding offences in last 4 years each resulting in £60 fine and 3points. (everytime driving around 38mph in a 30 mile zone). I paid the money in time and there was no court involvement. I have not declared these on my application thinking these were not criminal convictions. After reading different messages on this site i am bit worried that i should have declared these.
Not sure what should i do now? Any advice would be welcome.
Regards
mmk