ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Considered Naturalisation submission date

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Considered Naturalisation submission date

Post by gainvidya » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:05 am

Hi Guys,

Got this quick query if you may know about it. I acquired my ILR on Nov 3 last year and then went out of country on Nov 10 for 2 months. Looking at the trand theres following dates

Date of submission:
Date of receipt of Application:
Date of debit of debit/credit card:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:

I plan to submit my Naturalisation application on Nov 3. I wanted to know What is the considered submission date for it? I am afraid If "Date of receipt of acknowledgement:" is considered submission date and if in my case it comes up above Nov 10 (after which date I was out of UK) then I may get rejected and I will also lose my application quid.

Appreciate any reponses.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:41 am

[quote="Chapter 6: General Information"]6.3.4 What is the date of application?

6.3.4.1 The date of application is the date of its receipt by the appropriate “receiving authorityâ€
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sac

Post by sac » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:49 am

Gainvidya,
I'm not sure what your fear is about. You are allowed to be out of the country for 90 days in a year. If you have only spent two months out of the UK during the ILR period from 03.11.08 to 03.11.09 (when you will apply for naturalisation), you need not worry.
Also, date of submission is when you sent your application to the home office by post/courier etc. It is not really relevant to the process timeline except that it gives readers a slightly fuller picture of how long the whole thing took... what matters to you (in terms of following the the right procedures) is the date when the application is received.

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:05 pm

sac wrote:Gainvidya,
I'm not sure what your fear is about. You are allowed to be out of the country for 90 days in a year. If you have only spent two months out of the UK during the ILR period from 03.11.08 to 03.11.09 (when you will apply for naturalisation), you need not worry.
Also, date of submission is when you sent your application to the home office by post/courier etc. It is not really relevant to the process timeline except that it gives readers a slightly fuller picture of how long the whole thing took... what matters to you (in terms of following the the right procedures) is the date when the application is received.
I am not worried about 90 days. It the Residential requirement rule "have been present in the United Kingdom five years before the date of your application;" which I am worried about.

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:17 pm

[quote="vinny"][quote="Chapter 6: General Information"]6.3.4 What is the date of application?

6.3.4.1 The date of application is the date of its receipt by the appropriate “receiving authorityâ€

llNicell

Post by llNicell » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:02 pm

gainvidya wrote:
I am not worried about 90 days. It the Residential requirement rule "have been present in the United Kingdom five years before the date of your application;" which I am worried about.
If you want to apply on 3rd Nov 2009 then you are expected to be physically present in UK on 3rd Nov 2004 i.e 5 years residential requirement .....This is nothing to do with your departure on 10th Non 2008 as long as your total absences are less than 90 days in last year

sac

Post by sac » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Gainvidya,
that 5-year reference is to the date of your first qualifying entry to the UK, and has nothing to do with the ILR dates/time away you've mentioned.
Ie, you can apply once you complete 5 years from the date you first landed in the UK in 2004 to begin your stay [in a qualifying category], including last 12 months on ILR.

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:19 pm

that 5-year reference is to the date of your first qualifying entry to the UK, and has nothing to do with the ILR dates/time away you've mentioned.
Ie, you can apply once you complete 5 years from the date you first landed in the UK in 2004 to begin your stay [in a qualifying category], including last 12 months on ILR.
Sorry I am going mental because of this new rule chaos. sorry guys my bad...