ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any ILR rejection after completing only 4yrs (HSMP JR)?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hert

Any ILR rejection after completing only 4yrs (HSMP JR)?

Post by hert » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:45 am

Hi,

I searched a lot on this forum but couldn't find any post mentioning rejection of ILR based on this category - "Migrants who will soon have completed four years' continuous residence in the United Kingdom in a qualifying category".

I would like establish any potential reasons that might lead to rejection and am wondering if any member has faced such pessimistic situation and be willing to share his/her experience?

Thanks
hert

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:21 pm

I am not aware of anyone who has been rejected. Anyway the potential reasons for rejection will be the same as for the 5yr stays. Basically failure to meet the required criteria ie Not entered 4/5yrs ago, too much time away, claiming benefit, finances, criminal offences etc. Sometime next year we will get the issue of pple who applied around April 06 (when ILr changed from 4 to 5 years) but approved later on and entered even later, i think this is a potential cause of arguments between HO and applicant

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:21 pm

f2k wrote:I am not aware of anyone who has been rejected. Anyway the potential reasons for rejection will be the same as for the 5yr stays. Basically failure to meet the required criteria ie Not entered 4/5yrs ago, too much time away, claiming benefit, finances, criminal offences etc. Sometime next year we will get the issue of pple who applied around April 06 (when ILr changed from 4 to 5 years) but approved later on and entered even later, i think this is a potential cause of arguments between HO and applicant
That is ver correct. Most people on HSMP JR shouldn't find it hard to get their ILR because of the policy in place for those. That may explain why there hasn't bee any rejection story so far. There were some on HSMP Forum website before the JR and I read some of these were being corrected now.

hert

Post by hert » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:29 am

Thanks for your reply. I am one of those who came on HSMP and currently falls in the category of those completing 4 yr soon. I'll be going for my ILR this month and see what happens. My case is not complicated though only concern is that I initially came to UK in sept-05 only for 1 week and then went away (outside UK) for about 60 days and then re-entered in nov-05. Apart from that I have been continously in job and do fulfill rest of criterion for ILR- (<120 days absence, no court/proceedings, no benefits claim etc).
Though am getting nervous as the ILR date is approaching closer...

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:25 pm

have you already booked your appointment? There are loads of pple on this forum who have given testimony of their applications under JR so take time to read these stories and prepare your application as best as you can. There shouldnt be anything to worry about

hert

Post by hert » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:20 pm

Thanks f2k.

My appointment is already booked at PEO Croydon and have learnt a lot from this forum. I have already collected these docs:
1. 4 P60s
2. Current employment letter
3. Salary slips (6 months) though I have read that 3 months should do as well
4. Bank statements (3 months)
5. Approval and extension letters

Ofcourse, application form, photographs, passport(s) and fee will be there as well.
Am I missing anything?

IMMIGRATION LAWYER

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:26 pm

We have been applying on behalf of the client on weekly basis via a local PEO on the basis of HSMP JR.

One case could not be considered as the file was "locked". It was not a refusal, the caseworker just could not process the appliation as the client's file was "opened" elsewhere within the Home Office. We were informed that the ase should succeed, as the caseworker check the application pack.

The client later expalined that before instructing us he has written to the Home Office requesting a refund for the additional and (now) unnecessary extension in the past.

The case will be submitted via postal application.

hert

Post by hert » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:08 pm

That's interesting one. It's quite common to share/work on the documents in an office environment, though have never came across such situation on this board wherein the decision couldn't taken on that day. The point in paying higher fee for PEO appointment compared to postal application is that your application is reviewed & decided on the same day and would cause a big disappointment if that doesn't happen...