ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa information

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

decentguy_uk

Visitor visa information

Post by decentguy_uk » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi Guys

My parents are planning to visit me soon. I am not very familiar with new rules for visitor visa but I know people from this site will help me answer few questions

1. Do I need to send a sponsor letter so that they can submit it when they apply for visa in British High Commission in their country?

2. I heard earlier that I have to deposit £1000 per person which are refundable on their return to their home country

3. Do I need to send any accomodation related letter stating that I have appropriate accomodation for them ?

Please help me clearing above doubts so that I can start correct procedure

Many thanks

hert

Post by hert » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:15 pm

In the order of questions:
1. If you are the sponsor, then yes.
2. Not sure if things have recently changed, but you didn't need to submit any deposit earlier. Have heard that the sponsor would need to a declaration now, though look at the form as that would have it mentioned if applicable
3. If they are going to stay with you, then it would be good that a document stating this is provided.

decentguy_uk

Post by decentguy_uk » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:59 am

Thanks for reply

I will get sponsor letter and accomodation proof prepared. Have also been asked for bank statement to ensure that I have enough fund to support their stay financially

Premkumar99
BANNED

no visit

Post by Premkumar99 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:43 pm

you go aand visit them

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:58 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

decentguy_uk

Post by decentguy_uk » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:35 am

Dear PremKumar

Thanks very much for your valuable and highly useful advise

But no thanks..

I just bought my first house in this country and would like them to visit me to see this new place. So shut your mouth and keep your advise with yourself.

Really took offence on your rubbish comment.
Last edited by decentguy_uk on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

decentguy_uk

Post by decentguy_uk » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:35 am

Hi Vinny

Thanks for the link. Much appreciated