ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1(G) Dependant visa Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GoforUK

Tier1(G) Dependant visa Query

Post by GoforUK » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:46 am

My husband is currently in the UK as Tier 1 (G) Migrant.I will be applying as dependant along with our 2 year old son.I was going through the dependant application form VAF10 and had following doubts

a) Am I supposed to make two separate dependant application form for myself and my son?

b)In Part 3 (Contact Details)

3.1 I am supposed to provide the address given in my passport.
I am currently staying in my parents place.Should I specify my parent's address in 3.5?

c) In Part 5(Maintenance)

I am planning to show funds maintained in my husband's icici account.I am going to provide
  • 3 months bank statements
    letter from bank indicating that funds in excess of 4000GBP is maintained in bank account.
Shd I check these boxes?
Personal bank or building society statements
Letter from a bank or building society confirming funds or the agreement of a loan

d) In Part 7(About the main Applicant)

7.2 Since my husband has already left for uk Shd I tick 'Joining Later'?

I am eligible to apply as on Oct 1(funds maintained from July1 to oct1).If my husband has still not found a job at the time of applying for dependant visa , can i leave sections 7.14,7.16,7.17,7.18,7.19 blank?

Can somebody help me please.

GoforUK

Utility bills and accomodation query?

Post by GoforUK » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:49 am

For dependant visa (T1G) am i supposed to provide accomodation details and utility bills etc or is either one sufficient?My husband is in shared accomodation and hence can somebody advise me as how to provide
1) accomodation details
2) utility bills

Also I will be applying for dependant visa within 2 months(funds maintained from July 09 to october 09) of my husband's arrival(landed in uk on Aug 5,09) in the UK.Will this be a problem of any sort?

ganeshptrk

Post by ganeshptrk » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:36 am

Hi GoforUK
I am a Tier 1 (General) main applicant. I also applied for my wife and child dependent visa from India and it was successful. Let me answer your questions from my experiences.

a) Am I supposed to make two separate dependant application form for myself and my son?
my comments: Yes, you should make two seperate applications one for yourself and another for your son. If you son too young to sign, you can sign on his behalf
my comments: The address need not match with the one in your passport. This should your current contact details. So you can give your parent's address

c) c) In Part 5(Maintenance)
my comments: Only the bank statement from July 1st to October 1st is enough. No need to produce a letter from bank. But if you also want to produce the letter on a safer side, the letter should say "the balance never has gone below 4000 gbp on any day from July 1st to October 1st"
You should check those boxes you listed
d) In Part 7(About the main Applicant)
my comments: Yes, you can say "joining later". I think sections 7.14,7.16,7.17,7.18,7.19 are related to main applicant's job details. If your husband still not found anyjob at the time of your application, you can leave these blank.

e) proof of accomodation
Ideally, your husband should have taken a two bed room house. Per overcrowded rules, two adults can share a double bed room. And for each chiled above 1 year, should have a separate bed room. If the house that your husband is staying is big enough to satisfy the above criteria, ask him to get a seprate letter from his landlord and the other occupant that they have no problems in you and your son staying with your husband.

It is better to show rental agreement along with one or two utilitiy bills.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:35 am

Ganesh - goodjob..

Can i request you to separate the question and answer with quote option the top.. so that it makes things easy to readers. - Thanks

example:
my comments: Yes, you should make two seperate applications one for yourself and another for your son. If you son too young to sign, you can sign on his behalf
my comments: The address need not match with the one in your passport. This should your current contact details. So you can give your parent's address

GoforUK

Post by GoforUK » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:43 am

Thank you for your reply
Also I will be applying for dependant visa within 2 months(funds maintained from July 09 to october 09) of my husband's arrival(landed in uk on Aug 5,09) in the UK.Will this be a problem of any sort?
Submitted on:4th Feb,Chennai
UK ADMIRER

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:46 am

GoforUK wrote:Thank you for your reply
No its not a problem at all.. i brought my dependents into the country just after 2months i entered UK.. goodluck

GoforUK

Paying guest problem

Post by GoforUK » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:22 am

As my husband is currently in paying guest accomodation how can we produce accomodation proof and utility bills?
Submitted on:4th Feb,Chennai
UK ADMIRER

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Paying guest problem

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:08 pm

GoforUK wrote:As my husband is currently in paying guest accomodation how can we produce accomodation proof and utility bills?
Are you planning to continue to stay inthe same place once your whole family is in UK? is the current accomodation has sufficient space/rooms.. in that case get a letter from Landlord that it is big house, sufficient rooms for the dependents of XYZ.. etc..
But if you are planning to move out once u join him.. before applying u can get an advanced Accomodation agreement for the new place u r planning to move and apply with it.. even a photo copy of these docs is ok..

For utility try to produce any phone/mob/electricity/water/counciltax any bill avaialble if not give it a chance..