ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

international assignments

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uckocak

international assignments

Post by uckocak » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:28 am

Hello,

My company is planning to send me to australia for 3 months periods from next year. I will still be based here and my salary will be paid to UK account.
My 5 years period started at April 2006 and will finish at April 2011 then i can apply for ILR.

Question is, how HO will treat this short assignments.
At annex F
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

It says "not more than 3 months continuous and 6 months in total" however this is i guess for unemployment or time outside UK without an excuse.

I still would like to have your comments, if there is anyone experienced this and got ILR, would be much appreciated.

kind regards, Utkan

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:45 pm

You should be OK as long as you can prove that you were paid in the UK and this was an official trip initiated by your employer. A letter from them will help as well.

uckocak

Post by uckocak » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:30 pm

SKUK wrote:You should be OK as long as you can prove that you were paid in the UK and this was an official trip initiated by your employer. A letter from them will help as well.
Thanks for this. This is what they're asking me: "State if you are willing to do a 3, 6 or 12 month assignment and if this would be as a single or family status."
So can I even do 12 months if I support evidence from company that mine is business trip?

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:45 pm

At the end of the day it's still left to the discretion of the case worker whether or not to grant you ILR if you have crossed the maximum number of days of absence.

If you are away for 12 months albeit for work I feel you'll be stretching your luck too far. This is even if you produce the employer's letter. But having said that I have come across cases where it's been approved. 3 months should be fine but anything above that is risky. You may have to produce more proof to establish that you had links and roots in the UK like a house, kid going to school etc even though you relocated to down under for a year.

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:07 pm

uckocak

Post by uckocak » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:37 pm

nksg wrote:Just look at the post below:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=42852
thanks nksg,

this also states the fact that our future is in discretion of the caseworker.

let's wait and see.

kind regards, Utkan