ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RM786

Post by RM786 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:23 am

Yes inshallah he will get passport soon.

Do you check the status online im sure you can you just need the referance number gerrys give you when you give the passport in. sometimes the passport has arrived and they still tell you to call back.

I think ive got a long wait then as i have sent my appeal on the 24th july. I havent heard anything as of yet.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:19 am

BATLYKHAN,
With not giving a p60 could it cause a problem for her as she only has her last p60 which shows her working part time,as in my case i didnt have a p60 but did have a employers letter and a letter from the tax office but it was still refused
What I meant to say was that if she gives last years P60 when she was working part time and showing a salary of for example £6000 per year, but she now produces payslips for her full time job, showing double the amount, it may raise a bit of suspicion in the mind of the ECO ( who is probaly to stupid to notice she is working full time now whereas she was working part time last year) and he will probaly refuse visa UNLESS you make it this quite clear in the application.

S4INT

Post by S4INT » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:42 pm

Hello to all

I applied for my wife's settlement back on the 4th June 2009 at Islamabad and still waiting the outcome - showing as 'application forwarded to Islamabad Oc on ' I have chased this up a number of time but have no reply from the Immigration team in the UK since the office move- wanted to know if other have heard back or obtained Visas for applications submitted around that time

Regards,
S4INT

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:08 pm

S4INT

i think u have not been reading the fourm and you have not read my name either....

im "desperate_wife" desperate for my husband and we are all desperate for our loved ones....

u have just started and suddenly asked a question which has been asked 1000 of times on these fourms....

you have just boarded our boat of waiting.....wait until u see land like all of us. We are looking out in the same direction.

2 months waiting time for u is nothing since I have been waiting since March 9th. i applied from karachi.....NO reply yet!

sure enough they replied to my emails....but its the same old sentence...."PLEASE WAIT"

so please refrain from the same question which we are all asking....

"WHEN WHEN WHEN"

.....ur wifes visa will arrive when the merciless visa processing people have processed it....sit back and talk to ur wife on the phone....AND wait till December 2009.

PEACE!

D_W

S4INT

Post by S4INT » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:35 pm

Hello Desperate_wife

Firstly let me thank you for the warm reply posted in response to my question - really felt welcomed by you ...The reason we ask question are to look for answer but it seems to you I have come across as being selfish - the reason for my post was to get an insight into how others were doing with the wait and if any good news was received by others. I have read all forums and noticed the submission made by 2036789 on 5th July as his wife submitted at the same time and place as mine I wanted to know if anything was heard.

With regards to your case I fully understand how you feel - I'm flying out to Pakistan this weekend for 1 week as I know how difficult it can be without our loved ones.

I hope you hear good news before all of us as you wait has been too long

RM786

Post by RM786 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:21 pm

HI SAINT,

My wife applied on the 2nd june 2 days before you. we got our result on the 7th july. However the visa was refused. Yours is taking a long time for some odd reason maybe they are still considering it. I hope you have some good news in the near future.

Thanks

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:24 pm

S4INT

I would strongly recommend that u increase ur stay for at least 3 weeks.

ur wife will feel terrible with just a weeks visit......

im a woman and i know how it feels....my hubby did the same....but i dont blame him either...

i just feel sooo depressed...... :( :( :( :( :(

D_W

S4INT

Post by S4INT » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:43 pm

Thanks RM786 for the response - I hope your appeal is successfull.

Desperate_wife Unfortunatly the work i do i can only get 1 week off but a week off is worth so much as i've not seen her for 4 months now.

I totally understand your depression - the Visa people are keep all off us misinformed and each contradicts the other - i spoken to Abu dhabi, Islamabad and countless emails but none have replied of given certain answers. I was told to call back today and when i call gerry there phone line is now working - no matter how many times i press '1' for english.

i wanted to bring her back with me but i still not given up hope...as they say hope is a dangerous thing it can drive a man insane....but hope can also set him free

I will let you know when i hear anything from my end - but pray i hear about your good news before mine

RM786

Post by RM786 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:37 am

Hi SAINT,

Its good to see that you can go for a week for some even thats not possible.

Also the settlement visas are decided in the UK not Abu Dhabi or Pakistan i suggest you try and get in touch with the following e-mail. I dont think youll get much from them but that is the office that deals with settlement cases.

UKHUB.PAKISTANGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk.

Also could you list all the paperwork that you gave with the application just to see if you missed any.

Thank you

S4INT

Post by S4INT » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:20 am

Hello RM786

PAPERWORK SUBMITTED

1 - Personal Bank Statements
2 - Council Tax Letter
3 - Proof of Residency (own house)
4 - Pay Slips
5 - Company Account ( I own my own company)
6 - Company Bank Statements
7- Divorce Certificate ( didn't work out :cry: )
8 - Contractual agreements with Clients

I think that all - might have missed a bit.

Its going in circles that what is annoying - i spoke To Gerry yesterday they mentioned that the processing is done in Abu Dhabi - I've been emailing the UK office but not reply been received so its just the waiting game for me.

The situation is out of my hands so have to just ride the storm

was794

Post by was794 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Check out the link below !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/gla ... 195284.stm

crazy border agency staff!!

still waiting for my application to be approved applied on 12/06/09

luckly im in pakistan at the moment with my Mrs gotta come back to uk in a few days damn man!!

RM786

Post by RM786 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Hi S4INT,

If you have a mortgage did u supply mortgage statements?
Did you get a housing report to show theres no overcrowding.
Were your accounts done by your accountant also have you given them any proof youve paid tax in the past years?
Have you given proof of your marriage. for example wedding photos or any other photos showing you together. also did you provide any proof that you were contacting her for example telephone bills???

All this counts if you havent then most likely youll be refused.

Best of luck.

S4INT

Post by S4INT » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:39 pm

Hello 786

My bank statement include the mortgage payments along with mortgage letter stating how much is outstanding on my house.

With regards to overcrowding as the house is my own and i live there on my own there was no need to provide this as is evident from the council tax bill which states i live on my own at my place.

My company accounts are submitted as company house and included the amount of tax that was paid which was in excess of 10k alone for last financial year.

With regards to proof of marriage there nikkah nama was sent with the application.

With regards to contact with the wife i have itemised billing on my mobile which is used to remain in contact so this can be provided at anytime. Having meet my wife in the UK I think the above point will not hold much weight.

I believe the above is more that enought information - the visa process is not complicated as long as its submitted logically and not over complicated.

Again we all have no control on the process timeframes which are out of our hands :lol:

khansahib_uk
Newly Registered

Post by khansahib_uk » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:17 pm

Dear Batleykhan et al,

I am a British Pakistani guy living in London and I have just recently got engaged to a girl in Pakistan, verbally.

I have gone through this forum but I could not find anything in particular about getting started with my visa application. I will be getting married in March 2010 (inshallah) but I haven't had any engagement or Nikah ceremony yet. Ideally, I do not want to go for such a ceremony, instead I want to go Pakistan in March 2010 for the wedding and bring back my wife along with me.

Is it possible to apply for a visa on these grounds? I think I meet all the other criteria i.e. financial and accommodation.

Please advise, so my fiancee can then start the application process. I don't mind going back for the Nikah but if I can save my holidays and expenditure going to Pakistan etc the first time, I would very much do that rather than spend so much going Pakistan twice (i.e. once for the Nikah and then for the wedding)

I sinceerely apologise if I have asked a question which has been asked numerous times in this forum - it's just that I could not find anything relevant.

Many thanks in advance
Aamir
PS: Can someone please send me the Home Office/FCO links where I can find more information as googling it didn't help :(

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:29 am

khansahib_uk

You intend on living with a woman who will be your wife. So essentially she will need a settellement visa or a spouse visa. That can only be done when the two MAJOR objectives are met.....

1) Leagelly married (accuring the Pakistani Nikkah Namma in English)

2) Applying for the spouse visa from Pakistan.

My advice you stop dreaming and stop worrying about the cost .... and instead look at the facts first.

1) Since you are not currently married yet...there is no way you can call her over as your wife. So when ever you go to Pakistan to get married, take all your supporting documents which your wife (the applicant) will need to submit along with her application form and fees.

2) Once your wife has submitted her application, then you and your wife must then from that time be mentally prepared to wait for MAX 6 months.
I repeat, 6 months. It can be over earlier than that, but Paki applications are always delayed and processed rigurously.

unfortuantely you and your wife will eventually jump in the same boat as we all are....the WAITING game will begin for you two as well.

Im desperate_wife desperate for my husband. Im also waiting for my spouse visa. I initially applied on 9th March but then had to bloody re-apply again on 5th May since the stupid visa processing people did not take my finger prints properly :evil: ... So you can see that ridiculously stupid bizzar situations can lead to further delays. It has now been more than 60 working days and im still waiting.....On the UKBA website, these cheeky people have actually deleted the 60 day waiting coloumn from their PDF statistic file which they release every month. IT can take up to 120 working days MAX...which is actually 6 months.

So im afraid you will need a very spectacular job if you were to get 6months off from work and during the visa processing wait and spend time with your wife in Pakistan so that you could bring her back with you. Im sure thats not about to happen.

My hubby came to Pakistan in Aug 07. We got leagally married (English Nikaah Namma). However due to my degree course was still left to finish, we waited until March 2009 when my rukhsati was done and then we applied for my spouse visa. Unfortunately we were totatlly unaware that it can take up to half a year for the visa processing. As a result, my hubby could only stay for 3 weeks MAX. He then had to go back to UK for his job.

I hope the above answers your query.

Im desperate_wife...desperate for my hubby and im still waiting for my visa....it hurts soo much this waiting game :( :(

PEACE!

D_W

hbadami
Newly Registered

Timelines Dependent Tier One General immigrant

Post by hbadami » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:00 am

HI All

Any idea how much time it takes, for a response, once you submit a dependent application of a PBS Tier One General immigrant from Karachi, Pakistan? I know, a vague timeline given by Gerrys in Karachi is 4-6 weeks, but in reality timelines vary. Any information or current experience will definitely be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

H.

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:35 am

wait 6 months......

visa processing people play games with pakistani peoples emotions..

D_W

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:36 am

Dear Batleykhan et al,

I am a British Pakistani guy living in London and I have just recently got engaged to a girl in Pakistan, verbally.

I have gone through this forum but I could not find anything in particular about getting started with my visa application. I will be getting married in March 2010 (inshallah) but I haven't had any engagement or Nikah ceremony yet. Ideally, I do not want to go for such a ceremony, instead I want to go Pakistan in March 2010 for the wedding and bring back my wife along with me.

Is it possible to apply for a visa on these grounds? I think I meet all the other criteria i.e. financial and accommodation.

Please advise, so my fiancee can then start the application process. I don't mind going back for the Nikah but if I can save my holidays and expenditure going to Pakistan etc the first time, I would very much do that rather than spend so much going Pakistan twice (i.e. once for the Nikah and then for the wedding)

I sinceerely apologise if I have asked a question which has been asked numerous times in this forum - it's just that I could not find anything relevant.

Many thanks in advance
Aamir
PS: Can someone please send me the Home Office/FCO links where I can find more information as googling it didn't help Sad

The essential requirement of a fiance visa is that you have both met each other. You say you have been engaged verbally, but was this done over the phone or did you go over to Pakistan and saw your fiance and you have photographic evidence of this. If this is the case then I can advise you further, but if you havent met each other then we cant process any further

Which one applies to you?

RM786

Post by RM786 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:08 am

Hi S4INT,

Yes you are in the waiting game like so many other people. Well i hope you have provided enough proof for them to say you meet the immigration rules and to issue your wife with a visa. Pakistan visa processing is very slow at this moment in time so you gotta hang in there friend.

Thanks.

t_a786

Hi

Post by t_a786 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Hi My hubby applied on 28th April and still have not heard anything. emails, phone calls are waist of time.......

No one replies to .....

It is settlement visa, from Karachi.

khansahib_uk
Newly Registered

Post by khansahib_uk » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:29 pm

Many thanks for your promt and honest advice, Batleykhan and Desperate_Wife.

Batleykhan, I met my fiancee in April 2009 when I went for my cousin's wedding in Pakistan. She is a family friend and her brother is a good acquaintance as he works in UK - so I have known her for a few years.

Unfortunately I only have a couple of snaps of me + my fiancee - so don't know if that would suffice? Based on this information, would you recommend I apply for a Fiancee Visa or am I better off with applying for a Spouse Visa - which means I have to go to Pakistan. From what I have heard so far, if I am applying for a Fiancee Visa, we need to show British High Commission the arrangements for some sort of a ceremony here in UK. (If that is a requirement, I would rather go to Pakistan and get the Nikkah done there)

It's not that I am tight with my finances but I am not particularly keen on making two trips to Pakistan - one for the Nikkah and one for the Rukhsati, unless it is a mandatory requirement - as suggested by Desperate_Wife.

One more question: I am a house owner but my property is currently rented out and I am currrently staying with my parents who own a bigger house, and my intentions are that my wife will be staying here with me after the wedding (i.e. in my parents' house). My question is whether it is a mandatory requirement to be living in my own house or will they accept my justification to live with my parents?

Once again thank you in advance

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:41 am

khansahib_uk
It's not that I am tight with my finances but I am not particularly keen on making two trips to Pakistan - one for the Nikkah and one for the Rukhsati, unless it is a mandatory requirement - as suggested by Desperate_Wife.
it is not cumpolsury at all to do two trips....infact it is always the goal to get everything done in one paki visit. Unfortuantely thats not about to happen with anyone because like i mentioned before...spouse visa or any visa for that matter take bloody damn long time indeed....at least 2 months! So u can pretty well figure out that u can not be away from ur job for that long and be on the moon with ur love partner.....
From what I have heard so far, if I am applying for a Fiancee Visa, we need to show British High Commission the arrangements for some sort of a ceremony here in UK. (If that is a requirement, I would rather go to Pakistan and get the Nikkah done there)
Yes u should go and do Nikkah in Pakistan...that way u will get two jobs in one done....nikkah and ceremonial pics to submit with visa application. Plus ur wife can then apply for spouse visa.
One more question: I am a house owner but my property is currently rented out and I am currrently staying with my parents who own a bigger house, and my intentions are that my wife will be staying here with me after the wedding (i.e. in my parents' house). My question is whether it is a mandatory requirement to be living in my own house or will they accept my justification to live with my parents?
Having ur own accomodation and when u are living in it as well always helps ur spouse's visa application and gives it an edge. However if thats not the case then before ur wife submits her spouse visa application, she must submit ur parents will and consent (leagel paper) for her to live with them and YOU. Plus she must submit ur parents morgage statements as well/utility bills etc.

Hope it all helps.

PEACE!

D_W

moto

Post by moto » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:12 am

desperate_wife wrote:khansahib_uk
it is not cumpolsury at all to do two trips....infact it is always the goal to get everything done in one paki visit. Unfortuantely thats not about to happen with anyone because like i mentioned before...spouse visa or any visa for that matter take bloody damn long time indeed....at least 2 months! So u can pretty well figure out that u can not be away from ur job for that long and be on the moon with ur love partner.....
From what I have heard so far, if I am applying for a Fiancee Visa, we need to show British High Commission the arrangements for some sort of a ceremony here in UK. (If that is a requirement, I would rather go to Pakistan and get the Nikkah done there)
Yes u should go and do Nikkah in Pakistan...that way u will get two jobs in one done....nikkah and ceremonial pics to submit with visa application. Plus ur wife can then apply for spouse visa.
hi,
i am confused about english translation of nikah nama. do we need to get the signatures of every person again who signed the origianal nikah namw, i mean witnessess, and my signature and my wife signatures.
thanks
Having ur own accomodation and when u are living in it as well always helps ur spouse's visa application and gives it an edge. However if thats not the case then before ur wife submits her spouse visa application, she must submit ur parents will and consent (leagel paper) for her to live with them and YOU. Plus she must submit ur parents morgage statements as well/utility bills etc.

Hope it all helps.

PEACE!

D_W

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:01 am

Khansahib

Now that I know you have met your fiance and that you least have one photo of you both together, you are deemed to have met the fiance criteria in that " you have met each other".

What I recommend you do in view of your personal circumstances is that you fiance apply's for a fiance visa in Pakistan. It can take about 4 months or so ( same as spouse).

When she gets the fiance visa, you can travel over to Pakistan for a couple of weeks. You can perform Islamic nikkah there ( I suppose there is nothing to stop you performing full shadi) and then both you and your bibi come back over to the UK. ( aik bhaat yad rakhna - kissy ko kaina nahe apnay shaddi kar liya Pakistan may,naho the woh aap ki fiance ki visa cancel kar dhay ghay)

On arrival in the UK you have 6 months to go and carry out and English registration of your marriage at your local births, death and Marriage office( local council office).

After you have registered your marriage, your wife will have to apply for Further leave to Remain (FLR).

When she has completed her two years and passes the English test, she apply's for permanant stay ( Indefinite leave to Remain).

The advantage of bringing a spouse over a fiance is that it will cost you slightly less than fiance (fees etc).

The advantage of bringing a fiance over a wife is that it is easier in that you don't have to prove a lot ( eg are you married, its not a forced marriage, its not a marriage of convieniance etc)

As far as your accomadation is concerned there is nothing to stop you using your parents address address ( providing there is enough room and that your parents agree and you can prove this by getting a housing report and letter from your parents that you can stay here). I would also give details of your own property and say whilst is being rented at the moment, it will be available to you whenever you require it.

Have you got job?, Getting a decent salary and can provide 3 months wage slips and and 6 month bank statements with money going in and out regularly ( DONT WHATEVER YOU DO PUT A LUMP SUM IN JUST BEFORE APPLYING AS THAT WILL BE AUTOMATIC REFUSAL)

Hope this helps. Let me know what docs you intend to send

Also read this link it will be of help to you

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settlement/fiancees

any problems come back to me.

rigstud

Post by rigstud » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:59 pm

Hi All,

This seem like a really close net community on this thread. I am hoping someone on here can help me out with my situation.. My wife (British Citizen) and I (Pakistani Citizen) recently married in the UK. Prior to marrying in the UK i applied for a "Marriage Visa" on form VAF1F, this is only valid for a six months period.

Can anyone advise me on what I need to do after or before this six months period is up. Visa expires on the 2nd Dec 2009.

Your advice will be much appreciated..