ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

crazyman
Newly Registered

advice please

Post by crazyman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:35 pm

Here it is in a nutshell

Posted ILR application on: 06/07/09 based on WPs, money whipped out of account quicker than you can say Jack Flash, and all is well.

shuffle along 3 weeks or so, and without warning, informed in potential redundancy situation, despite having letter submitted to HO that says, that employment expected to continue... oh how things change!

5 weeks, later, still no word on ILR application, still working on avoiding redundancy, but seems likely that it will be confirmed soon. :(

really concerned on what to do, as the 90% applications processed in 6 months doesnt fill me with hope, escpecially with mortgage to pay and all those wonderful things.

what do i do now? i obviously cant seek new work, as on work permit. or can i? any thoughts, advice welcome.. please. loosing my mind over this one.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:26 pm

with regards to expediting the ILR application i dont thing there is much you can do. Just sit and wait fingers crossed all will go well. i certainly hope it wont be taking 6 months cause the wait is really terrible especially with the possibility of redudancy lingering around as well