ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Questions - Can anyone help?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SidB

OCI Questions - Can anyone help?

Post by SidB » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:08 am

I'm due to get my UK passport soon and wish to apply for OCI asap to have it in time for my next trip to India. I have a few questions - can someone please help?

1. Cancellation of existing passport: Can you get your existing indian passport cancelled as part of the OCI application? If so, is there a separate application form to fill in or do you just drop your passport with the OCI app? There is no mention of this service on the High commission site?

2. The HCI site says the following two docs are also required. Are these required if I am submitting by Indian passport with it?

Birth certificate from Indian Municipality or from Panchayat and full version birth certificate from Registrar of Births/Local Borough in case born in UK. For any other foreign-born applicant birth certificate must be in full version and it has to be translated in Hindi/English by Reputed and Registered translation authority.

School leaving certificate, at least Secondary School onwards from required Board.

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:45 pm

1. When you apply for OCI, you must submit your indian passports. They will be cancelled and returned back to you with 'CANCELLED' stamp

2. If you are providing original expired Indian Passport, you do not need the other docs.

SidB

Post by SidB » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:28 pm

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for the response. To re-confirm, the enclosures I need are:

a. Photocopies of british passport
b. Valid Indian Passport (and its photocopies)
c. Naturalisation certificate (is this reqd. if photocopies of british passport are provided?)

Is that all I need for enclosures?

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:31 am

you don't need the naturalisation certificate copy if you have copy of the British passport.