ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

!!!!!Success at Last!!!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

prettypolitical

!!!!!Success at Last!!!!!

Post by prettypolitical » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:15 pm

Phone call from Pretoria- Decision overturned - VISA GRANTED!!!!!

Here's how it all went:

5th January 2009 - Settlement visa for spouse handed in

31st March 2009 - Visa refused

24th April 2009- handed in appeal bundle

15th July 2009 - sent expedite request to AIT

27th July 2009 - Reply from AIT advising of hearing date to be brought forward to 27th August 2009.

13th August 2009 - Phone call from British High Comission in Pretoria -

:lol: VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!
???REUNITED???

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:21 pm

!!!!my hubby is coming home!!!

SOON TO BE REUNITED
???REUNITED???

ginoT

Post by ginoT » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:21 pm

happy for you BUT you lost 7 months, spent time filling out more painful paperwork, had the stress & worry to deal with.

I would complain to the consulate and to the ombudsman

you'll be doing us all a service and help future couples get over this idiotic process and bureaucracy

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Don't worry Gino T, I am already on my way to trying to make change!!!!

I would not like to think there are other families suffering like we have, it made me hit rock bottom and no one has the right to make me feel like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
???REUNITED???

sheejapy
Newly Registered

Post by sheejapy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:30 am

prettypolitical wrote:!!!!my hubby is coming home!!!

SOON TO BE REUNITED
We are happy about you too....:) Enjoy time with your family.

Sunu

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:24 am

Well done girl. Its just a pity that they take so long to sort it out over some silly and stupid reason in the first place :D :D :lol: :P

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:32 am

Thankyou Everyone :D , this has been the most difficult situation I have ever been in, makes you feel like you going crazy cos no one wants to listen in the authorities!!!!!

I put every bit of strength in to this :) and in the end it paid off!!

Word of warning don't ever give up and dont lose hope, be patient and use the appeal route, you paid for it, so use it!!!!

Hey Batley Khan result or what, I was very shocked yesterday :shock:
???REUNITED???

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:13 am

Congrats from my side as well..

im desperate wife desperate for my hubby and im still waiting for my visa.....these idiots take way too long...

once again many many congrats to u...

D_W

RM786

Post by RM786 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:09 am

Congratulations dear,

A result for a change exactly what we needed to hear on this forum.

wish u all the best in your future with your husband.

Take care.

navbulls

Post by navbulls » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:15 am

Best of luck to you n your hubby.. We guys should do something for authorities to understand how hard it is for a newly married couple to go through this long n tiring process...

May Allah bless you with all success n happiness in life...

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:32 am

ameen to that!........

D_W

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:44 am

Congratulations!!! I remember all too well that waiting feeling for my husband to come home to the UK! He got removed in October 2006. We married in his home country in December 2006. Although he did not get refused the spouse visa, he still had to wait 4 months to get a decision about it (his brother got a decision around the same time for a fiance visa in 6 weeks!). Actually, I was visiting him at the time he received the phone call from the British Comission to say they were granting him the visa. I was so glad that I was out there just by chance to celebrate the news as soon as he received it and it was a wonderful feeling us going home to England on the plane together!

Now you can really start to live your married life with that hurdle out of the way. I agree though, their decision making can sometimes take way too long! My husband was lucky after that though - he got Indefinite Leave to Remain granted in 5 weeks from submitting his application by post!

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:48 am

[b]Thankyou Everyone, its so nice when you know that all the time you have been fighting, it has now paid off.[/b]

It is simply because of my determination and hard work, that this has been done in this space of time, otherwise who knows how long it would have been maybe 2010??????? :D

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO IS STILL WAITING!!!!!
???REUNITED???

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:29 pm

mirnat wrote:Congratulations!!! I remember all too well that waiting feeling for my husband to come home to the UK! He got removed in October 2006. We married in his home country in December 2006. Although he did not get refused the spouse visa, he still had to wait 4 months to get a decision about it (his brother got a decision around the same time for a fiance visa in 6 weeks!). Actually, I was visiting him at the time he received the phone call from the British Comission to say they were granting him the visa. I was so glad that I was out there just by chance to celebrate the news as soon as he received it and it was a wonderful feeling us going home to England on the plane together!

Now you can really start to live your married life with that hurdle out of the way. I agree though, their decision making can sometimes take way too long! My husband was lucky after that though - he got Indefinite Leave to Remain granted in 5 weeks from submitting his application by post!
hi mirnat...sorry,im going thru a similar situation...(ish) and hearing ur story gave me sum hope!... can i ask why was he removed? and where was he originally frm?

abidjan1

Post by abidjan1 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:00 pm

hi prettypolitical

Well done its always to hear good news.
can you tell me if you had to use a lawyer through out your case?
thanks

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi abidjan1!,

Thanks for that, I used my own brain and did my research, then got it checked over by The Immigration Advisory Service!!!!!

They are really helpful and advised me very well.

Have you put a post on as many people on here have so much knowledge and experience too.

Best thing is on here the advice is free, and even if you are not too sure after that you can always use sources from the internet and Home Office website.

Hope this helps, put your case on here and I think you will be suprised what advice you can get!!!!

Best of Luck!!!
???REUNITED???