ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice...applying for YMV- single or unmarried partner?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

mokoed
Newly Registered

Need advice...applying for YMV- single or unmarried partner?

Post by mokoed » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:14 am

Hi,
I'm applying for a Youth Mobility Visa for the UK. I'm an Australian citizen, my boyfriend is British (he is currently back living in the UK) and I'll be living with him whilst I am there....I'm not sure whether to put that I'm 'single' or as 'unmarried partner' with his details on on my visa application...(We were living together for a year in Australia as a couple) I'm worried that if I put him down as my partner (as he's British), the British government won't approve my application as it will look like I'm using the working holiday visa to be with my boyfriend, and try to move to the UK permanantly or see me as a risk of over staying my visa.... but if i do put i'm 'single' & i get stopped at immigration for whatever reason and asked where i'm staying what i am doing... and i said staying with my boyfriend, would that jepodise me entering?.....

I know this may sound like a lot of 'what if's' but would really appreciate any insight into this matter!!

Thanks in advance :)

amyn31
Newly Registered

Post by amyn31 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:55 am

Hi,

I am currently in exactly the same situation as you, I was wonder what the outcome was the outcome re: the success of your application stating that your boyfriend was your unmarked partner?

Thanks!

Joyc3
Newly Registered

Re: Need advice...applying for YMV- single or unmarried part

Post by Joyc3 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:28 am

Hi, I am at the same situation at the moment, can anyone share the result?
Thanks a lot!!!

wf
Member of Standing

Re: Need advice...applying for YMV- single or unmarried part

Post by wf » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:13 pm

You should state accurately your status.

Putting down you have an unmarried partner will not result in a refusal.