ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-Newel of Expired Irish ICT Visa ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, Administrator

MaverickI
Newly Registered

Re-Newel of Expired Irish ICT Visa ?

Post by MaverickI » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:30 am

Hi,

I was on ICT Professional Work visa from 2006 to April 2008 in Ireland. In early 2008 I came back to my home country Pakistan, and my visa expired.

Now I have once again job offer from Dublin, So can you please guide me to the process of re-newel of my Visa ?

Thanks for your support.
Maverick

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi there,
You might not be able to renew the same visa as you are outside country. Still check with your local Irish embassy.
All i know is they have replaced ICT with this Green Cards Permit:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... rd_permits

People on ICT in Ireland are able to renew it still, but any new applications are being sent to green card permit queue. Your application may be treated as new and end up in Green Card Permit queue.

Best of Luck
Tiggs

MaverickI
Newly Registered

Post by MaverickI » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi Tiggs,

On contacting, Entemp has send me an 'Intra Company Transfer Application' form. And after seeing it, I feel lots of required details in it, is irrelevant in my case and do I need to fill it or my new employer ?

And if its approved, does it mean that I will be bound to my employer and whenever I would have to change my job I would have to apply for Intra Company Transfer application ?

And usually how long does it take for processing of 'Intra Company Transfer' application ?

Thanks for your reply.

Maverick

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:59 pm

Are you sure, you have the right application.

"Intra company Transfer Scheme" as it name suggest is for Senior Management employee, Key Staff, who have worked for their company in their home country for a minimum of a year and subsequently get a transferred to Ireland.

They are issued with a 2 years permit first, and it can be renewed for up to a 5 years period.

With that, you cannot change occupation or move to another company.

Once your visa expired and your company doesn't need your service any longer, you have to leave the state.

With the Green Card, you can change employer after a year, provided the new employer fill in another application for a green card on your behalf.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

MaverickI
Newly Registered

Post by MaverickI » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Yes , the form they have send me says "Application for Employment Permit for Intra-Company Transfer"

http://www.entemp.ie/publications/labou ... 202008.pdf

Thats why I was wondering why they have send me this form ?
Do you think its a mistake from their side ?
what should I tell them ?

Thanks
Maverick

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:33 pm

Use the link provided by Tiggs and click the Green Card Permit Application form provided.

That is the one i think you are looking for.

MaverickI
Newly Registered

Post by MaverickI » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:55 pm

Obie ,

I don't want to go through the process of new application processing and specially the Green Card scheme, as what I came to know abt it till now tell me its same like 'Work Permit' , I dont want to be bound to an employer and apply again when I change employer...

Is't there any way that I could re-new my expired Work Visa ? I have already a Job offer from an employer... it seems very unfair that I apply again for green card and wait months for its processing...

Plz suggest me some shorter process which could help me out here !

thanks for your support n help
Maverick

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:07 pm

Work Visa don't exist any more. It has now been replaced by The Green Card Scheme.

In any case you will not be bound to one employer for ever. The rule states that you can switch employers once you have spend 12 months with the original employer.

People who were previously on the work visa, are informed on renewal of their visa to apply for the Green Card Scheme.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi MaverickI,
I believe ICT you are reffering to was ICT work Visa (ICT -> Information and Communications Technology). They discontinued ICT work visa and work authorization and replaced it with Green Card Permit Scheme.
So ask for correct details from them. And Green Card Permit is not like work permit. Its quite bit flexible. Read the link i pasted earlier.
Kind Regards
Tiggs

MaverickI
Newly Registered

Post by MaverickI » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:29 pm

So in my case, if I follow Entemp's send 'Intra-Company Transfer Application' I would have to spend at least 12 months with the employer who is offering me a job now ?

And can you please tell me what is official processing time of 'Intra-Company Transfer Application' ?

Thanks,
Maverick

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:53 pm

Intra-company transfer doesn't apply in your case, as you are not being transferred from a branch of a company you work for in Pakistan to another in Ireland.

You would have to apply for the Green Card Scheme. After a year with the initial company, through which you obtained your Green Card, you can switch to another one. It has a greater flexibility, than Intra company Transfer scheme anyway

MaverickI
Newly Registered

Post by MaverickI » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:34 am

Hi Tiggs & Obie,

So I contacted again Entemp saying that 'Intra-Company Transfer Application' is irrelevant in my case as I am not switching a job but want to re-new my visa and then in response they changed their view altogether and said 'ok, if you are not eligible for Intra Transfer then consider applying for Green Card' !!!

How long does it take to process the Green Card application ?
And do you have any information regarding the success rate of Green Card applications ?

I am worried cause if it takes more than 4,5 weeks then my Employer would reconsider the job offer :(

Thanks guys for your help.
Maverick

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:18 am

Hi There,
Check entemp website. This is current waiting list for permits :
http://www.entemp.ie/labour/workpermits ... gdates.htm

Green Card permits are getting processed faster it seems. But Get all info from there and approach them.
Criteria for Green Card Permit is available on :
http://www.entemp.ie/labour/workpermits/guidelines.htm

They do check things thoroughly but if requirements are right turn around time seems faster.

Kind Regards
Tiggs

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:36 am

Please note that the option is open for your employer to submit the application, on your behalf. I suppose that might speed things up, considering you are overseas.

The processing time is quite impressive, nevertheless. I am sure you will make it in time.

MaverickI
Newly Registered

Post by MaverickI » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:26 am

Thank you very much.
I really appreciate the help you guyz have give me :)

Maverick

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:30 pm

Obie wrote:Work Visa don't exist any more. It has now been replaced by The Green Card Scheme.

In any case you will not be bound to one employer for ever. The rule states that you can switch employers once you have spend 12 months with the original employer.

People who were previously on the work visa, are informed on renewal of their visa to apply for the Green Card Scheme.
Hi Obie,

Your advice to Maverick to re-apply for a new Green card is spot on as he has been outside of Ireland and his original WV/WA had expired. However let me clarify the above bolded statement.

People who were on working visa/authorization did not have to apply for Green Card on renewal. They continue to have their WV or WA renewed with a 2 yearly stamp 4 from GNIB as per the original arrangement.

http://www.entemp.ie/labour/workpermits ... sation.htm

So not to confuse MaverickI: this renewal however only applies to persons who continue to hold their jobs as specified on their visas/authorisatins while stil remaining in Ireland.

9jeirean