ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd extension under HSMP JR OR under Tier 1?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ashishashah
India

2nd extension under HSMP JR OR under Tier 1?

Post by ashishashah » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:33 pm

Hello,

I am on HSMP visa(which was issued in June 2006).I got my first extension as per HSMP JR judegement as i was given HSMP BEFORE nov 2006.However,my new visa states TIER1 (not HSMP)

In future while applying for 2nd extension will i be covered by HSMP JR review?Or do i haev to fulfill criteria of Tier 1 extension?

Thanks
Ashish

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:23 am

Any one?

nksg

Re: 2nd extension under HSMP JR OR under Tier 1?

Post by nksg » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:57 am

To what i know it will still be covered under JR as your initial HSMP was issued pre Nov 06.
ashishashah wrote:Hello,

I am on HSMP visa(which was issued in June 2006).I got my first extension as per HSMP JR judegement as i was given HSMP BEFORE nov 2006.However,my new visa states TIER1 (not HSMP)

In future while applying for 2nd extension will i be covered by HSMP JR review?Or do i haev to fulfill criteria of Tier 1 extension?

Thanks
Ashish

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:35 am

Thanks..But in Tier 1 extension form it says that yiu are covered by JR ONLY if you apply before July 2009 ..

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:13 am

Ashish,

When are you due for second extension?

Were you not given enough extension the first time to cover the period for settlement ?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:26 am

I am due for extension in 2011 ,but planning to do it next year(2010) due to uncertain conditions..
NO,i was not given extension till ILR during my 1st extension..I fall short by 2 months so have to go for 2nd one..Dont know i will get 2nd extension or not...I am hpoing that i am covered by HSMP JR for 2nd extension..

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:08 pm

You will be covered by the JR during your second extension as well. Just use the FLR(HSMP) form to apply.

BTW where did you see the July 2009 deadline?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:16 pm

I saw the deadline on Tier 1 extension form..

Can you please let me know where can i find HSMP -FLR form?
Also now i have Tier1 and not HSMP ,so not sure if i can use that form?

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:17 pm

ashishashah wrote:I am due for extension in 2011 ,but planning to do it next year(2010) due to uncertain conditions..
NO,i was not given extension till ILR during my 1st extension..I fall short by 2 months so have to go for 2nd one..Dont know i will get 2nd extension or not...I am hpoing that i am covered by HSMP JR for 2nd extension..
Is there an option for 2nd Extension??
I recently saw in one of the posts that There is nothing called 2nd Extension... I done really rember the name of the thread!!!

Can anyone make me understand.. :) how this really works?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:32 pm

well,there is nothing called as Option for nth extension..
If my Visa expires and i havent reached ILR then what shd. i do?Leave the country?You can keep on extending till you reach ILR..

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:32 pm

ashishashah wrote:I saw the deadline on Tier 1 extension form..

Can you please let me know where can i find HSMP -FLR form?
Also now i have Tier1 and not HSMP ,so not sure if i can use that form?
Here's the link

I'm pretty sure you come under JR for your second extension as well since your HSMP was issued prior to 7 Nov 2006. As you can see it is still Tier 1 even though you will apply under JR as there is no more HSMP category now.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Thanks .But the form HSMP Tier1 (HSMP) is missing (even though there is a link for the form)..
BTW, here is a statement :

If you are successful, we will grant you either three years' leave or enough leave to take you to the settlement threshold, whichever is the greater.

So ,shdn't i had been given extension till ILR?

Ashish

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:41 pm

dima wrote:
ashishashah wrote:I am due for extension in 2011 ,but planning to do it next year(2010) due to uncertain conditions..
I recently saw in one of the posts that There is nothing called 2nd Extension... I done really rember the name of the thread!!!

Where did you read this? This is not correct. As Ashish said there is nothing like you can't go in for a second extension. You can go in for a second extension as long as you meet the extension criteria that is currently in place at the time of your application.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:53 pm

ashishashah wrote:Thanks .But the form HSMP Tier1 (HSMP) is missing (even though there is a link for the form)..
BTW, here is a statement :

If you are successful, we will grant you either three years' leave or enough leave to take you to the settlement threshold, whichever is the greater.

So ,shdn't i had been given extension till ILR?

Ashish
Exactly. That's why I asked were you not given enough extension to cover the period of your settlement?

Don't you see a FLR Tier 1 (HSMP) application form (Word doc) on the right side of that web page? You can right click on it and do a "Save Target as" to your PC.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:00 pm

Ok..All clear now..I called up UKBA..
Thats rule of "more then 3 years" is for people who were give just 1 year of HSMP (remeber, very old HSMP).So those guys were given 4 years of extension to give them chance to reach 5 years.
In my case also i ahve been 5 years,but since i took 2 month to come to UK i need to go for 2nd extension.
The Person on the phone from UK BA was very helpful..
So no option but to apply for 2nd extension ..They will give me 2nd extension for 3 years ,but i will need only 2 months ..

So basically 1000 GBP for 2 months of extension(provided they dont change rules for ILR)

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:16 pm

Thanks.. i got the form.I couldnt open it,but was able to save it using "save target as"

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:26 pm

No problem. Good luck.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:05 pm

SKUK wrote:
dima wrote:

Where did you read this? This is not correct. As Ashish said there is nothing like you can't go in for a second extension. You can go in for a second extension as long as you meet the extension criteria that is currently in place at the time of your application.
Infact I read it in our very Own Immigrationboards.com :)
But, Not able to get the link for the thread.. don rememer when was it.. I am sure though it was quite recently..

Anyhow, if that info is wrong.. I have no clue who is spreading those rumors and giving wrong info. :x

bani

Post by bani » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:02 am

Apologies for opening up an old thread. But to those with HSMP first extensions (only under JR, pre-Nov 2006) that need a second extension, like asish on this thread, this applies to you:

http://www.hsmpforumltd.com/HSMP%20Foru ... ection.pdf

Essentially, you can request for a correction of your first extension date to get "enough leave to take you to the settlement threshold" as you should have done because of the JR policy document. This is the result of a letter by Amit of HSMP Forum to UKBA that pointed out this discrepancy.