ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New visa system hits UK companies

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

push

New visa system hits UK companies

Post by push » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:08 am

I cant post the entire article due to copyright restrictions but you can read it here

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:14 am

it s requires subscription. Please summarize the facts if you can.

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:29 am

Thanks Chetan..

link on the above one took me to old one.. Sorry abt that guys..
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChetanOjha

Re: New visa system hits UK companies

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:40 am

push_hsmp wrote:I cant post the entire article due to copyright restrictions but you can read it here
This is an old article. May be this is the one referring to PBS systems?
Published: December 6 2007 02:00

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:11 am

Guys respect your views so removed it..

but i just subscribed to it for free.. not paid any fee or something like that.. so anybody can just provide their email id and you get it for free..

so copied for usefulness of others.. i thought of more for the people here than the FT with whom i did not have any contract or contact

But again i respect ur views..

Cheers no offence - sorry abt it

BUT see wat the FT website says when u click that link:
To continue reading this article, please register – it’s quick, free and without obligation...(now enjoy it mate)
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:22 am

tvn_ramesh,

I know you had good intentions but you've blatantly violated FT's copyrights by pasting this article here. I suggest you remove this.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:39 am

Well, yeah. You can remove it TVN Ramesh. There is nothing in that article we dont already know.

SKUK, dont try to be politically right for the sake of it. I am pretty sure FT has the resources to track down individuals, you need not bother.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:22 am

Dear Mr/Mrs/Miss/Dr/Rev/Other Confused,

I was not trying to take moral high ground here. Only made a suggestion to the poster and it was only in his best interests since you yourself are very sure that FT has all the resources to track down any individual.

As for you telling me not to bother, how ironic? My suggestion to you would be "Practise what you preach" and so don't bother getting riled about something that was not targeted at you in the first place.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:46 am

SKUK wrote:Dear Mr/Mrs/Miss/Dr/Rev/Other Confused,

I was not trying to take moral high ground here. Only made a suggestion to the poster and it was only in his best interests since you yourself are very sure that FT has all the resources to track down any individual.

As for you telling me not to bother, how ironic? My suggestion to you would be "Practise what you preach" and so don't bother getting riled about something that was not targeted at you in the first place.
OH' Dear O Dear!

You and YOUR suggestions.

Thanks. I hope the thread closes here.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:09 am

You and YOUR suggestions.
Yup, take them on board, will serve you well.

push

Post by push » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:05 pm

Old?? It says: Published: August 17 2009 23:34 | Last updated: August 17 2009 23:34

May be they just updated the date and nothing else. I for one, have read it today only.

Let the peace prevail.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:35 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:BUT see wat the FT website says when u click that link:
To continue reading this article, please register – it’s quick, free and without obligation...
Ramesh, you failed to read Copyright message at the end of article. When it says without obligation, it means you don't have to subscribe any additional services , if there are any.

Push_hsmp has rightly given link to article. This is the way they generate their revenue.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:50 pm

gotcha wrote:
Ramesh, you failed to read Copyright message at the end of article. When it says without obligation, it means you don't have to subscribe any additional services , if there are any.

Push_hsmp has rightly given link to article. This is the way they generate their revenue.
Thanks n take it easy, i deleted wat i posted.. that solves/saves everything esply time;
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:53 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
gotcha wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:BUT see wat the FT website says when u click that link:
To continue reading this article, please register – it’s quick, free and without obligation...

Thanks n take it easy, i deleted wat i posted.. that solves/saves everything esply time;
It looks that, you don't like to be corrected. You highlighted about free registration, that's the reason I corrected you.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:13 pm

push_hsmp wrote:Let the peace prevail.
:)

I don't want to sound condescending but back where we come from offences like overspeeding,copyright/patent/IPR violations may not be a big deal. Though it may be against the law nobody barring some considers them a crime and so not many get stopped when some one witnesses them doing it even if it is committed right in front of their eyes. On the other hand it's a different story here in the UK.

It was clearly written below the article on the site that if you copy and paste it you would have violated their copyright. All I did was point this out to the poster so he could take corrective action which he promptly did.

So someone to just pick on me, talk about PC shite got to me. But yes let peace prevail, we are almost there, just two more days to go for the weekend.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:34 pm

push_hsmp wrote:Old?? It says: Published: August 17 2009 23:34 | Last updated: August 17 2009 23:34

May be they just updated the date and nothing else. I for one, have read it today only.

Let the peace prevail.
The actual article has correct date as you mentioned. But when you click the "flagship...." link it is taking you to old article.

Anyway this(or similar) is all over the place now. This this or this.

push

Post by push » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:15 pm

SKUK wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:Let the peace prevail.
:)

I don't want to sound condescending but back where we come from offences like overspeeding,copyright/patent/IPR violations may not be a big deal. Though it may be against the law nobody barring some considers them a crime and so not many get stopped when some one witnesses them doing it even if it is committed right in front of their eyes. On the other hand it's a different story here in the UK.

It was clearly written below the article on the site that if you copy and paste it you would have violated their copyright. All I did was point this out to the poster so he could take corrective action which he promptly did.

So someone to just pick on me, talk about PC shite got to me. But yes let peace prevail, we are almost there, just two more days to go for the weekend.
Agree. At times its good to see the fireworks though, as long as ppl do not get really personal or start abusing. Eagerly waiting for the weekend (infact the long one).
regards,
push

push

Post by push » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:20 pm

chetanojha wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:Old?? It says: Published: August 17 2009 23:34 | Last updated: August 17 2009 23:34

Let the peace prevail.
The actual article has correct date as you mentioned. But when you click the "flagship...." link it is taking you to old article.

Anyway this(or similar) is all over the place now. This this or this.
Further update (read it on FT) : Migration rules eased for blue chips - Home Office backs down on visa curbs Issue re Non EU Immigrants is bound to become a political football
regards,
push