ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:36 pm

I loved to see your blogg comments when you get the good news and you go to collect your passport with your visa stamped on it.
Batley khan ......

thank you so much thank you so much thank you so much thank you so much thank you so much thank you so much thank you so much thank you so much thank you so much thank you so much thank you so much thank you so much thank you so much thank you so much thank you so much times positive infinity..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D .....

... for the above lovely breath of fresh air statement that im dreaming of these days....honestly.....i feel like as if i already have the visa with me now ever since ur last comment above.

Dony worry .... i will ROCK this fourm with SUPER flying HIGH happiness like no other when i get my visa inshallah.......

PEACE!

D_W

rigstud

Post by rigstud » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:40 pm

Desperate wife...you are funny. Batley Khan is right about you....you should have your own blog... writing recipes on Pakistani food.

What is it with us Paki's above all the topics we could choose to talk about...we always talk about food.

R.S

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:59 pm

simple dude ..... for pakis .... food seperates us from ALCOHOLISM!!!! ...and many other deseases.

also...

food gives us engergy....
food makes us happy ....
food is enjoyable ....

above all.......FOOD gives us girls the courage to talk to man!.......its what gives us our strength in being the TALKING QUEENS of this world!! :wink:

PEACE!!

D_W

saein7860
Newly Registered

Post by saein7860 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi,

D_W.I am the husband working in the uk and applied visa for my wife who is karachi.15th october is too late can you change the date around 18th august(ha ha ha ha).

Actually i daily pray to god that she will get visa today.So i can not think that she will be away uptill 15th oct 09.
desperate_wife wrote:Welcome saein7860

Are u the wife or the husband who has applied for spouse visa?

Fear not....you have jumped on the same boat as us all and thus are not alone. I applied also for spouse visa from karachi on the 5th May. So you should be lucky enough to get a good reply inshallah before me. You should be expecting a reply sometime around 15th October. Thats when 120 working days will have passed or 6months. I should hopefully get a reply around 30th October since i applied roughly 15 days after you which was on the 5th May.

Do not expect anything from these merciless people before then....just be paitent and join on the discussion fourm with some other intersting humours chit chat to relieve the stress of waiting for our visas.....

So if u are a girl...what kind of food do you like?

PEACE!

D_W

rigstud

Post by rigstud » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:41 pm

Even though my wife is british...she just loves our asian food, though the asian food in the uk is quite different to the asian food here in dxb or Pakistan.

When she was visiting me in Dubai its all we ate...day in day out. This one day i said to her i will make her chicken tikka and raita to go with it. So offcourse.. did my shopping and started to prepare this tikka. My wife said "i got to see u make this so i can do it for u next time"....my reply was...."this is n old family reciepy and cannot show u all the masala's that go into it so stay out of the Spam". Offcourse she did.

She really enjoyed the meal with roti n raita....afer dinner she was clearing up and noticed this Mehran Tikka mix packet in the trash bin!!!

Needless to say...my wife's views on my cooking skills had changed pretty quick. Though every time I go back to see her I have a standard order to carry half a dozen packets of Mehran!!!

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:48 pm

hi dw

i was eating mix pakoras with imli chutnee...scrumptios.

aisha
Newly Registered

Post by aisha » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:48 pm

Dear D_W,
thankx for ur reply, yes u r rite, i applied in march as a fresh visa, never heard any reply at all from them, i was given wrong info from Abudhabi, when i called them back after few days of finding out about biometrics, they said we dont deal with settlement cases here at all.
May Allah help us all with the blessings of Ramazan.
Truely UKBA should provide us correct information about our processing.
Another info i found out from Abudhabi that our passports stay with ISL and only the documents are sent abroad for processing, they are not allowed to bring passports overseas.
I really wonder God Forbid if my docs are lost or misplaced,........... who will take that responsibility.
All sorts of ridiculous thoughts are cumin in mind now.
Allah help us all.
tc

Post by 2036789 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:46 pm

desperate wife WHY DA HELL havent you contactedyour MP yet, you should get on to him immediately. your case is outrageous it makes my blood boil so i cant imagine how you feel.. so anyway you or your husband (whoever is in uk) should inform your local MP about your situation and how much theyve messed you around and how long youve been waiting, your MP can then write a letter to them and theyll have to respond, i know girl who was messed around, but not as half as much as you, her local MP chased it up and the embassy stamped it last week 3 days aftr her MP contacted them.

I have also contacted my local Mp she told me she has a direct number to the ukhub and that shell let me know whats happening with my visa next week, ill keep you guys updated
MM

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:14 am

by reading all these coments ov despret wife n otherz now m going to scare cos i aplied on 13th aug n dnt knw how much hav to wait they r taking too long wen i went to gerys for my submision i asked a gal abot time limit n she said on end ov august BHC wil be fast cos thy hav changd their ofice in london so may be thy wil proces all pending cases ASAP just wait n pray we r all in a same boat so no 1 is alone chill out guys

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:09 am

Hello all

i have suddenly this morning taken a very strong 'patience' pill of 1000mg .... it really helps...does anybody else want one?

kayaniii:
----------
do not freak out on the waiting time line. if it says six months...then these people will take six months or 120 working days.... I hope ur good news which u have told us all about the sudden top gear shift of UKBA to speed up the processing will be true...

----------
Im appreciate ur concern...but ever since i had to reapply my application on the 5th May....it went right to bottom of the que and with my previous application which was submitted on 9th March it says on Gerrys tracking website...."case is closed".....so there is no chance that my hubby's MP can chase up unless the actual full waiting time frame has come to pass which is 120 working days. Other wise me and my hubby will be wasting time.

aisha
------
im glad to hear such wonderful news that ur biometrics are ok. so u should be hearing something next month ... inshallah

sahdi
------
kanjoos....having it all by ur self....wait for me!!!....how is the weather in punjab now?....still raining.....i think i will have alloo chawaal next with nihari salaan and salad....yummy!!

rigstud
--------
as long as u can impress ur woman....ur cool.....but dont use Mehran masala again....the best masala in the market are Shan masala....
by the way...thats one heck of lovely dish u stirr fired...chicken tikka and raita...yummy!.........so u actually take Mehran masala from dubai?....i thought u could get it from pakistan as well.....its a very nice romatic picture you drew of ur self and your wife in ur wordings....its nice to see couples get along soo well......im crying now i miss my hubby :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

saein7860
------------
you gotta face the facts and the reality....15th oct 09 should be the maximum waiting time....but of course....who knows....even before that u may get good news....

PEACE to all!!!

D_W

RM786

Post by RM786 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:26 am

HI all nice to see people have started psoting. We are all in the wating game here some are waiting for their application results and some have appealed and waiting on that.

Its sad to see that most of the cases are genuine and people who just want to join their loved ones and we have to go through all this. waiting waiting and more waiting can drive people crazy. Inshallah everyone will get good news fairly soon. The holy month of ramadan is coming. Everyone pray for each other inshallah god will definetely hear our duas

BTW, does anyone know the address of the ukhub that deals with settlement cases??

rigstud

Post by rigstud » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:45 am

D_W

I am a Pakistani living in Dubai as this is where I currently work. Thanks for your kind words.

I can understand the frustration you are going through but why dont you do like I did....When I applied for my "Marriage Visa" it only took two week. This is valid for six months and is a multi entry visa. Also, at the time of applying I had asked for my passport to be returned asap as I needed it to travel for work.

When I called the British embassy here about the "Spouse Visa" they advised me it could take a whole 6 months as well....so I asked again if i could apply but have my passport back and the woman said YES and when the visa is ready they will call or email me for the passport again.

Hence in your case...why dont u find out if you could have ur passport back and apply for a visitors visa...this will enable you to be with HUBBY and when the "Spous Visa is ready than go back to Pakistan for it.

I am not sure if this will work as it did in my case..but u might want to look into it and see if this is possible for you.

Power to the Pakistani women on here!!

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:46 am

RM786 i think i know the address for UKBA...

Postal Address:
UKBA
Flat 9F,
Hell Bound Drive Road,
Hell Hill,

Post Code:
HEL IN1

Uell Kell

Telephone Number: 0044 666 666

when the operater answers....select option 3 where it says "Speed up Visa Processing"....otherwise press option 4 for "dilver visa to spouse door step tomorrow".

hope that helps.

PEACE!

D_W

rigstud

Post by rigstud » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:52 am

D_W

Sorry forgot to mention...Mehran tikka masala mix is alot better than Shan's....trust me...i've tried a few different makes.

So as mentioned before...standard order for me to take back to the wifey is 6 Mehrans and 3 bottles of Mumtaz salad dressing and some masala popper dums...for some bizzar reason even though mumtaz is produced in Bradford it cannot be bought widely around the UK and is cheaper to take from Dubai.

I would definetly recommend mumtaz salad dressing to anyone who has not tried it....the one that I like in perticular is the one with cranberry in it.

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:56 am

hi rigstud

Code: Select all

Power to the Pakistani women on here!!
thanks for that.... :D :D :D :D :D :D

I only wish enough power to over power UKBA to kick their "***" ...

ur idea is cool....but its too costly as well...and me and my hubby can not afford that much right now....anyway my hubby is coming over for a whole month...YAHOO on Sep18th and then leaves on 18th Oct.....my 120 working days will then lapse on 30th Oct....hopefully i should hear some good news while he is here....and may be just may be i can go back with him!!!!

what do u all think?....can it work out that way?.....at least i can get my first SHADI eid with him....YAHOO!!.....in the worst case...at least now if he does go back without me then....hopefully i should just be
tagging behind him after a two weeks or so......what do u all think?

Batley Khan .... also what do u think on this of what i have just said above?

PEACE!

D_W

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:02 am

rigstud.....i think it all boils down to taste buds....i like shan...u like Mehran...

have u tried making ur own masala and then see how the food tastes any better?.....believe....when u grind lasan ur self from sabuth lasan...then haree chatnee comes out at its best in flavour....but if u use pisaa-ho-wa lasan then the taste is not that good....so try some masala tactics of ur own....then u can really impress ur woman.....no need to flex ur biseps then :wink:

PEACE!

D_W

rigstud

Post by rigstud » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:05 am

D_W

That sounds pretty good to me. Am sure it will work out that way for you. I cant see any reason why it should take any longer.. Inshalla you will go back with hubby to the UK.

Now...need some advice on the green raita we normally have with our BBQ...can anyone give me a recipe??

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:11 am

dude..for green raita....use the same tips....

use wholesome food products...done use branded boxed....

here are some tips...

lasan saboth...for taste enhance..
piaaz bhagaar for two minutes tops
125ml of water in 4 table spoons of dahaee
some salt...according to ur taste....
some pissee hoi haree mirchain...very taize...so only use 2 pieces in 125ml of water.....
finally some dhaneeyaa to sweeten mildly and bring out the green color..

u'll have ur taste buds knocked out in no time!

PEACE!

D_W

rigstud

Post by rigstud » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:35 am

D_W

This recipe sounds mouth watering!!!...only problem is I dont understand the urdu terminology ver well and it embarrases me to say this so please excuse me but my urdu is very limited.

Could you please explain the words in english...would much appreciate it.

Thanks..

BuCl
Newly Registered

Psw dependant visa delay

Post by BuCl » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:43 am

HI to all,
Isubmitted my application at Islamabad centre for PSW dependant visa on 16th of july 2009.I missed the graduation ceremony of my husband. I am so very much frustrated to see the status which states application forwarded to Islamabad VOC. Did some one aplied on same dateand what is his/her status? Do this delay means i will be rejected.
One of my relative applied for student visa on 15 th of june 2009, and he got his visa last week.

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:53 am

Hello BuCl

sorry not much can be done at this stage except for wait....we are all waiting.....and currently waiting times are quite high...although since urs is a different cat of visa so urs may be different....

taking long in arrival of visa does not mean that visa is not successfulll....its just the way they are.....it takes time..so just hang in there..

PEACE!

D_W

was794

Post by was794 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:57 am

lol -

:D :D :D :o :o :o :o

pakistan zindabad !!!!!

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:26 pm

Peace in Pakistan....Peace!!!

:D :D :D

and let there be peace in our hearts too .... :cry: :cry: :cry:

D_W

Post by 2036789 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:18 pm

desperate-wife the waiting time given by gerrys is 60 days not 120 days
MM

aisha
Newly Registered

Post by aisha » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:27 pm

desperate_wife wrote:RM786 i think i know the address for UKBA...

Postal Address:
UKBA
Flat 9F,
Hell Bound Drive Road,
Hell Hill,

Post Code:
HEL IN1

Uell Kell

Telephone Number: 0044 666 666

when the operater answers....select option 3 where it says "Speed up Visa Processing"....otherwise press option 4 for "dilver visa to spouse door step tomorrow".

hope that helps.

PEACE!

D_W

I love ur sense of humour.