ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the procedure?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tanveer930

What is the procedure?

Post by tanveer930 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:51 pm

Hello Dear Friends
Me (Student Visa) and my partner (EU National) are together for one year and now we want to get married and i want to change my VISA status.
I am totally novice at these legalities it would be great of you if you can guide me step by step .

Regards

tanveer930

Post by tanveer930 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Anyone? :(

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:33 am

After marriage, you may apply under European Law.

Alternatively, if your spouse also has permanent residence, then you may apply for FLR(M) (277, 285).
Last edited by vinny on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tanveer930

Post by tanveer930 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:57 pm

vinny wrote:After marriage, you may apply under European Law.

Alternatively, if your spouse is also has permanent residence, then you may apply for FLR(M) (277, 285).
Excuse my ignorence but can u please tell me how can i know if my girlfriend is has a permanent residence as she is not aware of these procedure too but she's bin here for about 6 and half years...

thanks

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:09 pm

tanveer930

are u a muslim?...ur name sounds like one....if u r a muslim then we muslims are not supposed to hav girlfriends.....whats happend to u and the poor girl is simply infatuation....that is foolishly falling in love....concentrate on ur studies.

My advice if u are a muslim...then plz get married first islamicly then go through all the leagel processing....if u betray ur religion then Allah will not help u and u will suffer for the rest of ur life.

however...if u are not a muslim then plz ignore my comments.....

Other than that....get married and then all u hav to do is that u must then go back to ur home country and u must apply for a spouse visa. Im saying this because u r on a student visa. Ur wife is EU national. It takes 6 months to get the spouse visa processed. You then come back after 6 months and then see ur lovely pretty wife. In the mean time ur spouse (wife) should start looking for a job and accomodation which u will need to show in ur spouse visa application.

Hope all this helps..

PEACE!

D_W

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:17 pm

I don't think the OP was in search of religious platitudes... :roll:

However, i'm confident that Vinny's post provides all the necessary immigration-related information needed.

By the way Tanveer: What has your g/f been doing in the UK for 6 years? By this I mean, in what way has she been exercising her treaty rights? (Working, studying, self employed, self-sufficient)

tanveer930

Post by tanveer930 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:18 pm

Plum70 wrote:I don't think the OP was in search of religious platitudes... :roll:

However, i'm confident that Vinny's post provides all the necessary immigration-related information needed.

By the way Tanveer: What has your g/f been doing in the UK for 6 years? By this I mean, in what way has she been exercising her treaty rights? (Working, studying, self employed, self-sufficient)
Well i will ignore the Desperate-wife's comments because She/He dont have any knowledge about my relationship, i think she is just stereotyping and its not her fault some people are God gifted by this nature :).

@Plum70 my Gf was working full time and paying her taxes and i also pay taxes when i am working.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:03 am

tanveer930 wrote:
vinny wrote:After marriage, you may apply under European Law.

Alternatively, if your spouse also has permanent residence, then you may apply for FLR(M) (277, 285).
Excuse my ignorence but can u please tell me how can i know if my girlfriend is has a permanent residence as she is not aware of these procedure too but she's bin here for about 6 and half years...

thanks
Permanent residence is automatic. She may also apply for confirmation, but this may take a long time.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:27 am

Desperate housewife - what the hell are you talking about "if you are a muslim you may not have a girlfriend" get a life.....it's 2009! BTW my husband is muslim and very proud...and I'm not!

Back to the OP - Tan have a good read of the UKBA page, under the European section.....as directed by Vinny everything you will need to know it there! Good luck!

I think you need to apply for a CoA read this

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:01 am

ciaramc

look women...i have a life...i married ! :) ... committed to purity!

having a girlfriend simply makes u go around in circles.....and God knows who has already touched her!...flithy horrible disgusting

also so what if it is 2009....the year does not matter on practising religion.

i guess ur hubby is not treating u well.....a true muslim couple are always happy and prosper than any ridiculous girly boyee couple

so YOU should get a life....or rather making ur life with ur hubby better....

D_W

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:14 am

desperate_wife wrote:ciaramc

having a girlfriend simply makes u go around in circles.....and God knows who has already touched her!...flithy horrible disgusting

i guess ur hubby is not treating u well.....a true muslim couple are always happy and prosper than any ridiculous girly boyee couple

D_W
How very 5th Century!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:17 am

i think u meant how so animal girly and boyee relationships are

D_W

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:38 am

Desperate don't think you even merit a responce!

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:40 am

ciaramc wrote....
Desperate don't think you even merit a responce!
look whos talking.....i think u have responded to me twice....

so im important!!

D_W

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:15 am

Should Moderators allow these posts from Desperate Housewife to continue...they have nothing to do with Immigration!! :roll:

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:22 am

desperate_wife wrote:so im important!!
D_W
Deluded... more like! :roll:

tanveer930

Post by tanveer930 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:18 pm

@Mods can u plz del this desperate whatever from my thread..

What a sick mentality she has and interpreting the religion wrong and giving it a bad name..

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:32 pm

I think she might be starting to realise the ERROR of her ways see page 149.

I suppose she thinks she is looking out for you.

Anyway back to the topic. Have you applied for a COA, and do you have at least 3 months leave to remain on your passport.

If not, you have to be prepared to provide further documentation as evidence that you marriage is not one of convenience.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

tanveer930

Post by tanveer930 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:45 pm

Obie wrote:I think she might be starting to realise the ERROR of her ways see page 149.

I suppose she thinks she is looking out for you.

Anyway back to the topic. Have you applied for a COA, and do you have at least 3 months leave to remain on your passport.

If not, you have to be prepared to provide further documentation as evidence that you marriage is not one of convenience.
Dear Obie
Thanks for advice

I am in about to apply for COA. it would be nice if u can give me some tips on it..or Do's and Dont's
and I have more then a year Visa ...

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:08 pm

desperate_wife wrote:tanveer930

are u a muslim?...ur name sounds like one....if u r a muslim then we muslims are not supposed to hav girlfriends.....whats happend to u and the poor girl is simply infatuation....that is foolishly falling in love....concentrate on ur studies.
What a load of bollocks.
desperate_wife wrote:ciaramc

D_W
Sorry, who exactly do you think you are?
desperate_wife wrote:Can i ask someone a question...

do Jinns apply for spouse visa?

Im sure Jinns are accepted in all religions...

how do their wives travel to UK?

D_W
With all these posts, not to mention the recent sick, twisted thread you started, which has (thankfully) just been deleted, I'm surprised you're still on these boards.

Dose of cop on required (non-alcoholic).
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:09 pm

tanveer930 wrote:@Mods can u plz del this desperate whatever from my thread..

What a sick mentality she has and interpreting the religion wrong and giving it a bad name..
Bingo.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:10 pm

This is the Guidance and Application form.

If you have 3 months or more left on your student visa, the requirement are not as stringent compared to if you don't.

If you allow your visa to expire and then apply, you might get approved, however you stand the risk of having a removal proceeding being initiated against you.

Make sure, you have evidence you have been living together in a de facto like relationship and that your proposed marriage is not simply aimed at abusing the rules.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:19 pm

I am sure we all go through a rough patch now and again, don't we?

I for one do.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:29 pm

Obie wrote:I am sure we all go through a rough patch now and again, don't we?

I for one do.
Obie, why do you keep defending her obnoxious behaviour, which quite frankly, is inexcusable? Ofcourse we all go through rough patches once in while (actually that's what brought quite a few of us to this board in the first place), but there is no need to come over so melodramatic and rub people up the wrong way! She should just take time out, like the rest of us do!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:53 pm

Rozen wrote: Obie, why do you keep defending her obnoxious behaviour, which quite frankly, is inexcusable? Ofcourse we all go through rough patches once in while (actually that's what brought quite a few of us to this board in the first place), but there is no need to come over so melodramatic and rub people up the wrong way! She should just take time out, like the rest of us do!
Completely to the contrary Rose.

Sorry for hijacking your thread OP.

I know her views are quite rabid and borderline bigoted in nature, and i can see and understand why some Western people might find it offensive.

I don't however think she set out to deliberately offend anyone, and that the circumstance she is facing might have led to her indulging in those abhorrent acts. She now seems to be showing remorse for her actions and i think she should be given a second chance.

I found some of her views offensive as well, as i have lived in the culture she is criticizing for a large chunk of my child hood and adult life. And i adore it.
Last edited by Obie on Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.