ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

desperate_wife

Post by desperate_wife » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:58 pm

I completely agree...

i should be taken off this discussion fourm immediately...

PEACE!

D_W

RM786

Post by RM786 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:03 pm

D_W,

if you agree then obviously you know your doing something wrong. Then why dont you try to rectify that rather then asking for you to be taken of the forum???? I know you can give fantastic advice when you want to!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi Batley Khan, do you think getting your Mp to chase your case for you could possibly have a negative affect on your settlement visa ? As in you offend the ECO off so much that he refuses on very Minor reasons ? I have heard that known to happen! From my knowledge when an MP contacts the BHC then the ECO are in big trouble. Dont know wheather thats true or not
?

No thats not true at all.The ECO has to justify his reasons for refusals. The only problems that I find ECO 's have is that, they dont give someone the benefit of the doubt. They are very rigid when it comes to decision making. Dont forget they have a look at your docs once and will normally decide within half an hour or less whether to grant visa or not. Remember the BHC in Pakistan is one of teh top 5 in dealing with the number of applicants.If your documents are nor right in the first place and the ECO has any doubt, he is within his rights to refuse you.

I would not blame all the ECO for the refusals, I think the applicant doesn't do himself any good if his application is not thought out and prepared properly.

I mean how many times do people send videos of their weddings because they dont have photos, or they send a wad of telephone cards that they have used to call their loved one, but they dont prove anything because you can dial any numbers from those cards.

The only advantage that an MPs letter does is that they tend to respond to them whereas they might not to the applicant/sponsor

was794

Post by was794 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:59 pm

I have already spoken to my local MP via email and also in person!!
he has said he cant don anything unless the application goes OVER the agreed waiting time limit which i believe is 16 weeks !!!or maybe 12 weeks (dont know if anyone can clarify this?)
SO basically if you have been waiting over 3 months contact your MP if not paitience is the game you have to play!!

im back in UK now - been pakistan to see my wife who has been waiting since 12/06/09 for her spouse application she applied at the Lahore offices..
Hopefully should get a result in the next few weeks - if not im going back to see her again !!!

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:43 pm

hi everyone

not sure what this means....

i called gerrys ( out of desperation, cause im just having on of those days!!!), and enquired about the status of my husbands application, the guy on the other end said thats its in islamabad at the moment, i then asked him " doesnt the application go to uk to be processed", he replied yes it does, and now your husbands application has returned, but is not ready for collection yet, you should wait a little while yet, or contact the high commission ( yeh like they will get back to me!!!!).

So do u think its processed and how long will i have to wait......this has made me soooo nervous....mind u it might not even be true....cause Gerrys staff are renoun for their imcompetence, and lack of knowledge....

help me out guys...

RM786

Post by RM786 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:25 pm

hi sahdi,

Maybe you have got your visa and they are going to stamp it. Do you check the status online for your appliction at the www.ukvacpk.com website? if you check that and it says "your passport is ready for collection" then you can go to gerrys to collect it.

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi All,

I have been reading this forum for some time and finally decided to jump on the band wagon aswell.

My wife also applied for her settlement visa on 26th june 2009 from Karachi, we are still waiting for a reply. If no one has noticed the new stats are out on the visa processing time guide for July 2009. The Karachi stats show 28 decisions were made with 82% in 30 days and 100% in 90days. According to how long some people have been waiting this stats dont seem to be correct.

Batley Khan (the most helpful person here).....should we really take this info with a pinch of salt or as a previous post suggested the UKBA do process the visa within this time scale but BHC in ISB are the people taking there time contact applicants.
Last edited by bazzy_1 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Regards,

Baz

tanveer930

Post by tanveer930 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:54 pm

desperate_wife wrote:Can i ask someone a question...

do Jinns apply for spouse visa?

Im sure Jinns are accepted in all religions...

how do their wives travel to UK?

D_W
She is such a sick person that in her pm she called my gf whore and advised me not to have any bastards (children) from my girlfriend ...

In my few years of cyber experience i haven't met such mentally retired person.. i feel sorry for her husband how do he survive with her?

was794

Post by was794 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:07 pm

[quote="sahdi"]hi everyone

not sure what this means....

i called gerrys ( out of desperation, cause im just having on of those days!!!), and enquired about the status of my husbands application, the guy on the other end said thats its in islamabad at the moment, i then asked him " [b]doesnt the application go to uk to [/b][b]be processed[/b]", he replied yes it does, and now your husbands application has returned, but is not ready for collection yet, you should wait a little while yet, or contact the high commission ( yeh like they will get back to me!!!!).

So do u think its processed and how long will i have to wait......this has made me soooo nervous....mind u it might not even be true....cause Gerrys staff are renoun for their imcompetence, and lack of knowledge....

help me out guys...[/quote]

sounds like your going to get your passport back shortly - hopefully they will have approved your application and not rejected it !! - fingers crossed

navbulls

Post by navbulls » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:16 pm

tanveer930 wrote:
desperate_wife wrote:Can i ask someone a question...

do Jinns apply for spouse visa?

Im sure Jinns are accepted in all religions...

how do their wives travel to UK?

D_W
She is such a sick person that in her pm she called my gf whore and advised me not to have any bastards (children) from my girlfriend ...

In my few years of cyber experience i haven't met such mentally retired person.. i feel sorry for her husband how do he survive with her?
That's Horrible, Ridiculous….

I Appeal to the administrator and all moderators to ban such a member….

I think we have had enough; there is no place for such a person on civilized forums like ours. I know OBIE has tried his best to defend D_W but I don’t think she deserves it.

Its not about western or eastern world, we are all here to help each other irrespective of our faiths, color of skin or religion…

Sorry Iam very upset, wish I would have not been on the forum today…
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting...

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:39 pm

hi

yes i chked the status and its the same ....sso just gonna have to sit tight and pray like mad.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:54 pm

Batley Khan (the most helpful person here).....should we really take this info with a pinch of salt or as a previous post suggested the UKBA do process the visa within this time scale but BHC in ISB are the people taking there time contact applicants.
Take it with a pinch of salt if you believe what people say here on this forum.

In todays time, I would say give it four months minimum before you will get any news.

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:03 pm

batleykhan wrote: Take it with a pinch of salt if you believe what people say here on this forum.

In todays time, I would say give it four months minimum before you will get any news.
Thanks batleykhan, I have emailed them anyway. Just asking to see if they can give me any progress updates.

Has anyone else emailed UKHUB.PAKISTANGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk and got a response?
Regards,

Baz

RM786

Post by RM786 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:13 am

Sahdi,

Yes just sit tight and keep checking the status if it has come to pakistan maybe then it shouldnt take to long. hopefully in this holly month you will recieve some good news inshallah.

thanks

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:42 am

hi rm786

yes iam just praying its good news when we get it..i have been waiting for 9 weeks, but the stress that iam feeling now is really bad...i havent felt so stressed during the whole 9 weeks!!!!...oh well patience patience..

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:11 am

Hello every body specially Desprt wife

Be paitent and just dua for everybody i read few posts people said they getting mad coz they not seen there wife,s and hubby,s since 4 monthes or 7 monthes and they were waiting for there visa reply from BHC islamabd since few monthes be cool it is my advice becouse i am also one of you and i also got loodsss of knowldge about uk immigration from there websites and according to that i was submited my visa application .

-Got marrid in. July 2008 in Pakistan.
-Application submit. Nov 2008
-Reply from Gerrys lahore. jan 2009 they said BHC call me for interview
-Interview date for spouse visa (Husband). Feb 2009
Interview goes vrey very well as that monster visa officer react like he issu the visa becouse all my paspers and passport was in his hands.
-Status change redy for collect. feb 2009 .
-Result. Refuse .feel waooo everything was good then why?.
-Noticed so many thing what and how BHC doing .
-Appeal lodge. Feb 2009
-Bundle date. July 25 but no bundle send by BHC surprise.
-Next Hearing date set . last week of Oct 2009.

So how many monthes i am still paitent since Nov 2008 and i have not seen her since 13 monthes and my marrige is love marrige and you can emagine now how much paitent we have to be if want to be togather with your British love once.

So if any body want to ask any question i will wellcome.

Softlogic20 . buddy u r also a memeber of Ukresident forum am i right?

was794

Post by was794 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:40 am

[quote="bazzy_1"][quote="batleykhan"]
Take it with a pinch of salt if you believe what people say here on this forum.

In todays time, I would say give it four months minimum before you will get any news.[/quote]

Thanks batleykhan, I have emailed them anyway. Just asking to see if they can give me any progress updates.

Has anyone else emailed UKHUB.PAKISTANGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk and got a response?[/quote]

Baz - ive emailed them 3 times and got the same reply stating a turn around time of around 12 weeks !!

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:58 am

quote]

Has anyone else emailed UKHUB.PAKISTANGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk and got a response?[/quote]

Baz - ive emailed them 3 times and got the same reply stating a turn around time of around 12 weeks !![/quote]

Hi was794,

How long do they take to reply? and other then advising about the 12 weeks turnaround do they say anything else?
Regards,

Baz

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:36 am

Hi Tasawar,
Yes dear you are right; i am also member of UKresident.com foruml.
After appeal allowed it can take around 6 months to get you passport back with Visa. 2 months for determination and then as Batly Khan Said 3 to 5 months for Visa stamp after submitting passport. Till then might be so called backlog of BHC is cleared and time is minimized. It depends on many factors.
By the way can you share with us what you noticed what and how BHC doing? :)

@Bazzy_1
I sent an email to this address on 12th of august but no reply yet. I think there is no time frame for their reply as well. After all no harm to shoot an email to them
Regards,
Kash

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:43 am

So how many monthes i am still paitent since Nov 2008 and i have not seen her since 13 monthes and my marrige is love marrige and you can emagine now how much paitent we have to be if want to be togather with your British love once.

Come on you fellas here, you are beginning to sound like a bunch of romanticis :D :lol: :P :wink:

That is what wifes do, ( well D_W used to do, God bless her, but she is doesnt appear to be with us anymore ) not fellas.

Take it from me enjoy whatever little time you have in Pakistan with your friend and family, because working and living in the UK is completely different.
By the way those who want to quote other peoples saying in their post, highlight their comments , copy and paste and then click on quote button
so it looks like above

was794

Post by was794 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:14 am

[quote]Hi was794,

How long do they take to reply? and other then advising about the 12 weeks turnaround do they say anything else?[/quote]

Baz - they take 3-4 days to reply usually - my uncle in pakistan - he some mp type of dude there is gonna try to get me a contact at Lahore offices that i can use - i will post the info on here when he gets back to me.

[b]heres the reply i got from UKHUB.PAKISTANGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk 3 times!!:[/b]

Dear Waqas

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please note that information regarding applications can only be discussed with the applicants themselves.

All information regarding visa applications can be found via the UK Border Agency Visa Services web site: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/

In the case of settlement applications, turn-around time is 12 weeks.

Best Regards

UKHUB Pakistan Enquiries

[b]this is the reply i got from Visqry2.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk :[/b]

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your e-mail. This is to inform you that all settlement visa applications are being handled at UKBA London. Please re-direct your enquiry to ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk <mailto:ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk>
Yours truly

Visa Correspondence Section

[b]this is the reply i got from PublicVisaEnqs@fco.gov.uk :[/b]

I regret to inform you that we in UK Border Agency Visa Services have no standing in this matter.

As stated on our website, we deal solely with immigration matters arising overseas.

Responsibility for persons already in the UK rests with the UKBA Immigration Group.

Contact details are:

Immigration Enquiry Bureau
UK Border Agency
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

[b]This is the reply from my MP :[/b] [i]if you do contact your MP they he/she cant do anything without a PERMISION FORM from the APPLICANT (your wife/husband)[/i]

Dear Mr Javed

I have received the fax and sent it to the Border Agency. This is the response from them. Please contact me again if you have heard nothing by the end of August.

I have now received a response from Visa Services on the general point of current processing times.

The agreed time for processing a settlement visa is 95% within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 weeks.

Currently we are currently meeting those standards. Indeed, for applications anywhere in Pakistan, more than 80% of applications are being resolved within six weeks.

I appreciate that it must be frustrating for Mr Javed to wait so long but, as we are still well within agreed performance standards, it is hard to justify expediting his wife’s case unless there are exceptionally compelling and compassionate circumstances.

I have retained the permission fax that you sent on a ‘just in case’ basis. Should Mrs Javed not hear anything by the end of August/beginning of September, please let me know.

Jane Robertson

Constituency Secretary to

George Osborne MP, Shadow Chancellor

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:19 am

I got a reply for the UKHUB.PAKISTANGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk and this what they have said.

Please note that information regarding applications can only be discussed with the applicants themselves.

All information regarding visa applications, including turn-around times, can be found via the UK Border Agency Visa Services web site: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/

In the case of settlement applications, turn-around time is 12 weeks.

Kind regards,

UK Hub - Pakistan Enquiries
I think they sent me a generic email. Also it seems I can't enquire about the application. Which is strange because I am the spouse and sponsor.
Is there anyway i can get more info from them BatleyKhan?
Regards,

Baz

rizzy2193

Post by rizzy2193 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:26 pm

Was794 - I am in the exact same position as yourself. My wife applied on 11th of June from LHE and I also contacted my MP and I received the same response of "The agreed time for processing a settlement visa is 95% within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 weeks".

We are both on our 10th week and basically have 2 more weeks to go. Was794, I wanted to ask, is there a standard format for the PERMISSION LETTER we need to give for the UKBA to discuss the application?

Alot of folks like ourselves have received the visas/passports in the 12th week, so I'm hopeful we'll have good news during Ramazan. Thx Was794.

b92753

Post by b92753 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi Batley Khan- As you know im a student studying my final year at university. Is the maintenance grant classed as a public fund ? I have checked on the ukba website and there is no mention of education or educational funded grants in the public funds section.

please advise

thanks

was794

Post by was794 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:08 pm

rizzy :

permission form template is used :

Permission Form

Name …………(NAME OF YOUR WIFE NOT YOU!!!………………………………

Passport Number ……………………………………………………

Home Address …………………………ADDRESS OF YOUR WIFE !!!…………………………….

………………………………………………………………….

…………………………………………………………………..

I have instructed my Member of Parliament, Mr (INSERT YOUR MP's NAME HERE) MP, to act on my behalf in this matter and would be grateful if you would send any correspondence or documents to the address of my MP.

I am happy for the information to be given to my husband (INSER YOUR NAME HERE) of (INSERT YOUR ADDRESS HERE)

Signed ………………………SIGNED BY YOUR WIFE!!…………………………………….

Date ……………………………………………………………..

safe