ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MAC Recomendation - NO right to permanent residence-timeline

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier1 man
Newly Registered

MAC Recomendation - NO right to permanent residence-timeline

Post by tier1 man » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:19 am

The Home Office Migration Advisory Committee has recommended that the route should not lead to a right to permanent residence. Here is the link,
http://www.computing.co.uk/computing/ne ... tightening

I request valuable inputs from experts on
1. If Home Office decides to implement these recomendations then how soon that can come in to action ?

2. Will Home Office give any notice in advance?

3. I came on Work Permit, switched to Tier1(General) but continuing on same assignment. Employer has been informed of switch to Tier1. paying Tax and NI in UK. Basic employment still with Indian company. Will the implementation of MAC recomendation of NO PR for Intra company transfer affect my PR?

Look forward to your inputs to decide my future course of action. Please respond at the earliest.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:21 am

It has got nothing do with Tier 1 general.
It only applies to Tier 2 Intra company transfer applicants.
Hope this helps.

tier1 man
Newly Registered

Post by tier1 man » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:42 pm

This new rule is specific to "Tier2 - Intra company" ? hope, my case of being in "Intra company" assignment on Tier1 dosent come under this rule.

Any idea by when it is likely to come in to action?

tier1 man
Newly Registered

Post by tier1 man » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:11 am

I have no clue, whats going to happen if Home Office decides to implement the above recomendations. Can expert members please answer these,

1. If Home Office decides to implement these recomendations then how soon that can come in to action ?

2. Will Home Office give any notice in advance?

parvus1202

Post by parvus1202 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:34 am

Sooner there will be no more citizenships. I would say UK will limit the population when it reach uncontrolable level. There are a lot of countries which don't accept new citizens like Japan or Italy. It will happen soon.

tier1 man
Newly Registered

Post by tier1 man » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:53 am

yeah, might be in future.

Dose anyone know the answer for above two questions....?

avis
Newly Registered

Post by avis » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:05 pm

[quote="tier1 man"]yeah, might be in future.