ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student extension - Post if waiting for more than 14 weeks

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

moiz04
Newly Registered

Post by moiz04 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:24 am

asim i got my passport today after 11 weeks & ll get my id card with in 3 to 4 days. dont worry u ll get it soon, i know its really frustating but we can do nothing. best wishes for u.

angel7
Newly Registered

Post by angel7 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:19 am

[quote="moiz04"]asim i got my passport today after 11 weeks & ll get my id card with in 3 to 4 days. dont worry u ll get it soon, i know its really frustating but we can do nothing. best wishes for u.[/quote]

congrats to you, please let us know is that 11 weeks is since you post or since you had ur biometrics.
beacuse as i understand who applied b4 march have problems

moiz04
Newly Registered

Post by moiz04 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:24 pm

angel7,
i had my biometric done in the last week of May,and after 11 weeks i got my extension. dont worry i applied in first week of march 09(onwards march if u count its more than 5 months as i missed my one biometric appointment due to sickness). these are just rumors tht HO is not giving visa who applied b4 march,u ll get urs v soon just b possitive.they are taking time but it ll be ok. best of luck.

raw33
Newly Registered

more than 22 weeks

Post by raw33 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:28 am

Hello guyz

I applied in the 3rd week of Jan 2009 and had biometrics on 9th of march and today its the 23rd week running and still when i call em up and enquire they say 'under process'. :shock:

Though its been too long, but i believe this is coz of something else.....what actually happened here is this:

I applied on a course which was not an uk awarding affiliated course, i was reminded later by my college and i got enrolled in to a course which is recognized by uk awarding body, i sent all the relevant documents to HO mentioning that i have changed my course and provided all the termination and rejoining course papers, by that time my biometrics were recorded!!! :roll:

Now till date there isn't any response, no query as such sent to my home address or my college :!:

So, what do u think about my case???

Any suggestions folks???

Are there any chances i wud get my visa renewed???

Thanks

angel7
Newly Registered

Post by angel7 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:07 am

Hi raw33

I hear from people if you got your ID appointment successful it means ur visa is OK. But I personaly do not see any rationale because u give ur finger prints and digital photo and answer some question regarding previous date of u giving finger prints somewhere else does confirm ur visa because they can take all those with out considering visa.

when I booked my ID apmt I asked the officer whether they start processing visa application before or after ID apmt he said after because I had a date by end of march in sheffield and end of April in croydon. Because I was bussy with my assignments and exams at the end of march I did not want to spend 1day to go and come to shefield but same time I wanted my visa back before may. My brother got married I wanted to attend but I could not because they still hold pasport.
So mait, I realy dont know what HO does inside. U just freeze ur emotions and has to keep quiet. But on the other hand for some it is good to delay specialy you get a bad result because you could complete any course you paid money with out any disturb.
Because they have given a option to send additional documents later you have a chance.
Good luck

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:18 pm

angel7 wrote:Hi raw33

I hear from people if you got your ID appointment successful it means ur visa is OK. But I personaly do not see any rationale because u give ur finger prints and digital photo and answer some question regarding previous date of u giving finger prints somewhere else does confirm ur visa because they can take all those with out considering visa.

when I booked my ID apmt I asked the officer whether they start processing visa application before or after ID apmt he said after because I had a date by end of march in sheffield and end of April in croydon. Because I was bussy with my assignments and exams at the end of march I did not want to spend 1day to go and come to shefield but same time I wanted my visa back before may. My brother got married I wanted to attend but I could not because they still hold pasport.
So mait, I realy dont know what HO does inside. U just freeze ur emotions and has to keep quiet. But on the other hand for some it is good to delay specialy you get a bad result because you could complete any course you paid money with out any disturb.
Because they have given a option to send additional documents later you have a chance.
Good luck

Hello, sorry for changing from the topic,
do you think ho will ask to send additional documents later? as u can see from my other posts, i am just waiting for atas certificate and worried that they might reject my application as ho is not accepting documents sent later.please help

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:59 pm

My wife applied in Jan 09 and still waiting!!!

I am getting fed up of this wait so have twisted the whole thing.. Just praying that this new step i have taken goes smooth :roll:
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

angel7
Newly Registered

Post by angel7 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:59 am

Hi,
can anyone please have any information about anyone who received visa except moize in this forum recently.
some one told me usually if Ho had a backlog everyone receive visa's at the same time. but moize in this forum receive last week I m still waiting wonder wether I have some problem ( I v send it in March 09 did biometrics in april 09)

Thanks

pandora2017
Newly Registered

Post by pandora2017 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi guys,

I just got my passport back today after waiting for 11 months!! It's done with the help of MP (member of parliament). I contacted my local MP and they contacted the home office and within two weeks I got mine back! So I suggest everyone who has been waiting for too long to contact their local MP (in whichever city you are residing now). They are really helpful! hope you guys can get your passports back!!

angel7
Newly Registered

Post by angel7 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi,

Congrats 4 u, I am waiting impatiently for a long time ofcause not as much as most of others in the forum. But I am waiting to go for my summer holidays to take my old parents to do an eye sugery.
But if I do not get it atleast by this week I will not be able to go untill december.
However this is really crazy. one has to hold whole life with no plans untill u get the passport.
Guys if this happens to real white brits they will make hel out of pointing all human rights ans stuff.

please inform if anyknown person or you get it at least I could give some hopes to my parents.

thanks

raw33
Newly Registered

Is IT POSSIBLE??

Post by raw33 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:28 am

I am just wondering whether this thinking of mine could be true!!!

Everyone out there who haven't received your passports and it has been more than 14 weeks and above, could you honestly post YES or No to one simple question of mine, which would trigger out the reason behind these delays!!!!

QUESTION: Were You A Genuine Student at the time you applied for your extension? If you say YES still would like to ask DID YOU ANYTIME LEAVE YOUR COURSE STUDIES without informing HO (You came on one particular UNI OR COLLEGE and at the time of extension you provided some other UNI/COLLEGE as yours???

My perception is '' I THINK HO IS DELAYING ONLY THOSE APPLICATIONS WHICH ARE DUBIOUS TO THEM, THOUGH THEY CANT DO NOTHING NOW, LIKE DEPORTING US OR REJECTING OUR VISAS, HOWEVER I BELIEVE THEY JUST WANT TO PLAY WITH US BY SLOWING DOWN THE TIME OF PROCESS''

I think so because recently they have started new rules so they might be doing this... :x

WHAT SAY GUYS???? AGREE....START SHARING UR VIEWS NOW!!!

angel7
Newly Registered

Post by angel7 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:26 pm

Hi, Raw

I do not realy agree with your assumptiion because
1) Inform HO if you chnage your coll/uni was compulsary only since 1st Jan this year. I have stoped attending my previouse collage in early december.

2)I bumped into someone today her friend appled early June this year. She has chnaged the coll without informing and now she ask extention from another collage. she has got her visa 2 weeks ago.

My friend whom, I met said there is no uniform proceduere or policy at HO. beginging of this year when she and her brother applied for the same course with same amount of funds etc. brother got for 18 months without any questions. But she was asked to send more clarification for some document and given only for 10 months. Strange.

Does not looks like they have any policy.

raw33
Newly Registered

WHAT COULD IT BE?

Post by raw33 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:00 am

Angel...to some extent i agree with you, but if u r correct then what is to be blamed for the delays?

DELAYS without any progress for more than 14 weeks is too much, believe me if we bring this to the notice of media, especially of our own ones back home that would pressurize these guys to quicken up!!!

Everyone is coming out with their own theories behind the delays, one of my friend said ''HO has put most of the applications which they received this January and March for about 6 six months'', upon my dismay he further says by supporting his view that ''One of the insider staff of HO who happens to be my friends friend has revealed this to him'' :shock:

Who is to be believed and why do we have to suffer for no good reason??

There are so many students out there waiting to go home to see their old parents, their mates :(

And our trip wouldn't long for more than a month, I am here for more than 2 Years, never been to my home country and along with me there must be so many ppl whose plans have been ruined just because of their passports not been given on scheduled time... what a disgrace!!!

angel7
Newly Registered

Post by angel7 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi raw and everyone,

I agree with you 4 one, that cannot understand whome to belive whome not.
Again I have disagreemnets for sum of the ideas you wrote. Because my class mate told she has applied 14/15th Jan this year she went for biometrics in late feb when I was waiting too get my colleage attendence.( I knew it very well because she did not know to travel to shefield she was searching the directions. She said she received the ppt by end of march.

another one has applied in june but recive visa 2 wks ago

can i try to buld up another theory.
If you peoples anwer these questions

1) Did you do your biometrics in Croydon ir not
2) Do you your self assess your application as something not very much staright forward.

What ever happens I think the staff inside must be haveing diffrent level of seniority to attend about cases.
Jounior staff who are the majority must be attending the straight forward leaa comlecated cases.
if it is complecated it must be going to senior person as usual they must be a few ( clasic Hierarchy system) they must be piling up all.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?

raw 's idea to put it to media is good, but we must find wether it benefit majority. because then Ho may do the rejections also soon, which means people who have some chnace to fail their application face the fate soon. some may not like it because i know ther are some people who have completed their coursers while file was in the HO. then got it rejected but at least they have qualification by then to go to Home country continue life if not here.

But I realy want my pp ASAP
So I am OK for suggestion.

raw33
Newly Registered

Post by raw33 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:20 am

I had my biometrics in croydon.

My documentation is solid good except my college name is no where in the list.

The ukba college list thing started from March and I applied in January, will that be a vital point in my visa not getting extended??

Or is my and all other student extension applications submitted before the March New rules were implemented are gonna be screened accordingly as per January guidelines???

What do you think MR COOLBLACK?

angel7
Newly Registered

Post by angel7 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:06 pm

Hi

I also did my Biometrics at Croydon.
I also has previouse chnage of the course in December 08.
I think I am correct to some extent. I was waiting all the tome so far. Today got a letter from HO asking further details and resons to change the course.

Conclusion - all who wait for a long time probably have some problem( not a staright forward extention) !!!!!!!!!

raw33
Newly Registered

Post by raw33 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:03 am

:( well angel, hard luck on that occasion.

So can i ask you is that a kind of refusal and you are gonna appeal or is it just a further enquiry to decide on your case?
However, i would advise you to get a covering letter written done by your college authorities and submit it asap.

And also make sure this time your course meets ukba requirements and hope ur college is in ukba spon list of colleges.

All the best and keep posting your status. :wink:

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:16 pm

My wife applied in Jan09 and still waiting. Now we have found out that college has closed down.

What would happen next? At the time of applying for extension, college was operating fine and there was no sign of new rules.

:cry:

angel7
Newly Registered

Post by angel7 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:46 pm

Hi Guys

It is not a refusal yet, just questioned why I have decided to chnage the course.
My present collage is a registered one they have no problem with my current collage or the course. I checked yesterday the lists of collages UKBA approved my previouse collage is not there now. But mind you, I left that collage Dec 2008.By the time I did not know any such lists or Licence.
What do you think

:roll:

raw33
Newly Registered

Post by raw33 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:12 am

hamdi bro, all u have to do now is get enrolled in a ukba list of college and attach a covering letter mentioning that ur applied college has closed down and u have taken admission in to this new college....also i wud like to ask did u receive any letter or rejection from HO???

Didnt ur college inform u they r gonna close down....ask ur college guys if they can provide u any termination letter and certificates before the dates they were shut down...this will help u to say to HO that u already were terminated before the college got shut down or else just tell HO that coz now college got closed, u took new admission ...u get me yeah...simple...tats the only option mate.....its good if u haven't received any rejection yet....all the best :?

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:12 am

Many thanks for reply Raw.. My situation is lil complicated at this stage. I don't mind enrolling her to new institution but i already have sent HO a letter telling them that she ( My wife ) is living with me ( I do not live in London) since Jan 09 after applying for extension and only travels to london when there is class.

She is about to send application for COA so that we can legally be married.

If that's granted, then i will apply for spouse visa.

I don't know man.. It's just mess..

Really don't know whether she should enrol or we go via spouse route