ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finance Job Prospects

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tier1Bangalore
Newly Registered

Finance Job Prospects

Post by Tier1Bangalore » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi all,

I m a MBA(finance) with total experience of 3 years( 1 year financial services) and i have recently cleared CFA Level 1 . How far this qualification can help me in securing a job in finance field ?

Can smbody plz pm me the contacts of genuine consultants working for financial field .

Thanks & regards

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:12 pm

Things are not rosy here, however things are certainly improving. However, expect some delay in turnaround time. Things will certainly be better in March 2010. If you have a stable job in India, I would advise you to keep patience.
If you can, it's worth a try to come here on vacation for say a month and two. Who knows, you might get lucky. All the best

vnvijay

Re: Finance Job Prospects

Post by vnvijay » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:28 am

Hi,

Which place are u from bangalore, which company are you working for here?

VJ

Tier1Bangalore wrote:Hi all,

I m a MBA(finance) with total experience of 3 years( 1 year financial services) and i have recently cleared CFA Level 1 . How far this qualification can help me in securing a job in finance field ?

Can smbody plz pm me the contacts of genuine consultants working for financial field .

Thanks & regards

Tier1Bangalore
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1Bangalore » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:33 am

vnvijay wrote:Hi,

VJ

Hi VJ

I stay in BTM and work for Accenture on a contractual position...... r u in india or UK.

Thanks

Thanks & regards

vnvijay

Post by vnvijay » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:24 am

I am in India, which Bang in Accenture?

I work for Oracle.

VJ
Tier1Bangalore wrote:
vnvijay wrote:Hi,

VJ

Hi VJ

I stay in BTM and work for Accenture on a contractual position...... r u in india or UK.

Thanks

Thanks & regards

zeenatmadhani
Newly Registered
India

Finance Job Market

Post by zeenatmadhani » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:19 am

hello

can anyone throw a light on the current finance job market in UK

with Indian qualifications of MBA.MCOm is it possible to get a job in UK in any finance sector be it bank/CA firm or any contractual job

and is the market expected to welcome finance professionals from jan 2010

meats
BANNED

Re: Finance Job Market

Post by meats » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:35 pm

zeenatmadhani wrote:hello

can anyone throw a light on the current finance job market in UK

with Indian qualifications of MBA.MCOm is it possible to get a job in UK in any finance sector be it bank/CA firm or any contractual job

and is the market expected to welcome finance professionals from jan 2010
Putting it simply, finance market in UK = shit at the moment. That is where a lot of the redundancies are happening right now.

adeelkhan
Newly Registered

Same Dilemma

Post by adeelkhan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:26 am

Hello Guys,

I came to UK on 26 June 2008. I have degree of Oxford Brookes University of B.Sc. Hons. in Applied Accounting and i am already part-qualified ACCA. I applied for several jobs in UK but i got only 2 interviews in the Accountancy Practices untill now.

To make it summarized in my opiniion one should go there where one don't have to pay rent because you cannot get jobs related to finance here at the moment because already alot of qualified and experienced job seekers are here. More over one cannot find easily low paid jobs here because of accession of the EU workers which means that you should be prepared to finance your all expenses by your own pocket. Therefore infact we are trapped!

Job market shall get better after atleast 2010 because currently the good prospects are only for companies not for the job seekers. It may take untill 2012 to be completely good.

The point is that in the mean time one can continue the education and experience where ever they see suitable and after 2010 should strike the job market again to make place. Remember recession is never forever!

Currently only the highly educated and experienced finance professionals can find jobs here if any. For the new comer like me it's completely hell!

So the choice is yours!