ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General is not working out in my case - Pls help.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dasavathar

Tier 2 General is not working out in my case - Pls help.

Post by Dasavathar » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:19 am

Hi All,

I am now in my post study work visa Tier 1 and it is valid until March 2010. I got my employment in City Council in June 2009 and I am paid 28,500 per annum and my salary is according to the code of practice.

So, I am eligible to go for Tier 2 (General). But unfortunately, my City Council HR doesn’t want to go for sponsorship. The reason they give is: not to spend money on sponsorship licence and not been able to allot any staff to look into this issue for home office requirements. But my line manager was very much supportive to my case and she wrote to the HR still they disagree to go for licence.

I am not eligible to go for Tier 1 (General) because I am 32yrs now and I have only Master’s degree, so I am not getting enough points to claim.

If I get 32, 000 per annum in UK in the last one year, then I may eligible for Tier 1.

My plan to go for Tier 1 (General):

I got married and have kids. My wife and kids are here in their dependent VISA valid up to march 2010.

Is that ok for my wife to study any diploma course and extend her visa as a student from January 2010 and me go as her dependent from January 2010 and continue stay in UK.

So that I can continue with the same job in the dependent visa and then I will get eligible by end of June 2010 for TIER 1 (General).

My income per annum is only 28,500 and I got 1000 when I joined my job as golden hallo (welcome allowance) and I worked part time work and earned £2000 for similar job I am doing. (so altogether I will have £31500) for remaining 500£ I never mind to go and work casuals in any Mc Donald’s or Subway in the week end to meet 32,000 per annum to get my Tier 1 General.

My question is:

1)Is my wife allowed to go on a student VISA from her dependent VISA?

2)Am I allowed to continue my same job once I change my VISA from Post study work to dependent VISA in January 2010?

3)My welcome allowance 1000 pounds and 2000£ what I earned in my part time can be included to my total earnings (32,000 to get my Tier 1)

4) The work I do in subway or Mc Donald’s as casual worker and earn the bit of 500 pounds can also be included for the earning for Tier 1 general?

What are the main things I need to be careful in doing this?

Is there any better plan that suits my case?

PLEASE HELP ME.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:55 pm

I have sent you an email.