ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Sheffield..

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smiles345
Member of Standing

ILR success at Sheffield..

Post by smiles345 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:29 am

hi all,

i successfully obtained ILR under WP.
appointment was at 10am
arrived at 9am
9.20 called for an initial screening of the documents, she asked for wp copies, employer letter, 3 months payslips , 3 months bank statement. didnt ask for P60 etc..

sharp 10am case worker came and said this sad story that the IT system is down and some checks unable to carried-out, therefore, she would send it by post. she said your application looks okay to me but unless some checks done she cannot say anything. :cry:

i told her that i'm travelling on the 27th and showed her the ticket copy. she looked at ticket and after a while she said , let me see what i can do and she wanted me to look around sheffield. i cam back at 12 pm and i asked for her at the reception , she said the system still down and come back at 2 pm.

at 2pm there is this glad news , she called me to her counter and said , system allright and your application successful, yr ILR will be ready in 10 minutes, after exactly 10 minutes mine and wife's passport came with ILR stickers. i'm relly thankful to this forum and all the moderators. without this forum i couldnt make my application perfect. also thanks to melo for the employer letter format. guys, sheffield people are very nice.

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:15 am

Congrats. I had the similar story at croydon this monday however they have kept my application and passorts with them and gave the rest of the documents to me. So i am eagerly waiting for my outcome. they promised me to call but havent heard any thing till now

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:04 am

i dont think that the problem of IT system but i think they are short of staff.

xumh
Newly Registered

Post by xumh » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Hi Smile:

Congradulation for your ILR. Just a quick question, could you tell me when did you go to PEO, this TUES? Because I went in PEO on Monday, 24th Aug, everything was fine with application, both Initital Checking Counter and Caseworker told me that background checking system was down, so they will post back to me. I know Croydon, Glasgow and Liverpool had all been affected on that day.

If you could let me know which day you went in, so I can roughly estimate when they will post it back to me.

Thank you very much and congradulation on your ILR again.

xumh

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:46 pm

i just received a call from them that my ILR is granted and soon they will be posting my passports.

Briefly here is my experience

I am eligible under 3year WP + 2year HSMP category and made use of 28day rule.

I visited the PEO along with my wife and daughter.
First case worker gave me a bit of shock as my employment dates didnt match their system dates. However since I had all 5year P60 and 2 P45 they said it could be a typing error from previous case workers.

So i went to pay the fee and then saw the main caseworker. I have submitted all my documents. No questions were asked as she was happy with my docs list.

I waited till 5PM after which she told that a decision will be made later and they will inform me by phone

So received the phone call today

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:13 pm

shivuu006 wrote: I visited the PEO along with my wife and daughter.
First case worker gave me a bit of shock as my employment dates didnt match their system dates. However since I had all 5year P60 and 2 P45 they said it could be a typing error from previous case workers.
Hi Shivuuu0006 congrats.

Do we need to get dependant over there? Today I called home office they told dependants are not necessary to be brought to PEO. Have they seen your depndants?

and what do you mean by "my employment dates didnt match their system dates". Is the work permit dates not matching with employment date?

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:22 pm

hi xumh-: i went the same day on 24th monday. were you there? i was wearing blue shirt :lol: .

luckily i got the same day by evening. the case worker lady was excellent.

xumh
Newly Registered

Post by xumh » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:28 pm

Hi Smile:

I wasnt in Sheffield. My appointment was at 10 am, got in 09:25am.

The young lady at Initial Checking Counter did warn me the system has experienced constantly problems recently. She said we will let you know the decision but might not be able to issue ILR on the day if the system can not be fixed.

My caseworker is extremely friendly and professional. Finished necessary checking by 1025am, all documents have been photocopied, Caseworker note have been printed out. The senior caseworker has agreed the decision made.

However, my caseworker double checked with IT Team, they could not tell when the system will be working again. Therefore, my caseworker decided to send me away, he said there is no point to wait to the afternoon. He will post the documents back to me by post once the background checking is completed.

So I am ending up waiting now.

Glad you got it on the same day.

Thanks for infor

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:05 am

Hi Hari

There is no mandatory requirement that dependents should accompany us. When i called to get my appointment i was told the same. I took them so that it would be a day out for them :wink:

Regarding my employment dates, the date I joined my company here in UK was entred as my leaving date with that company in their systems. Since I had all the P60 and P45, employment letters etc casworke spoke to his supervisor. His supervisor told that could be a typing error by the Home office clerks and he asked the caseworker to further process the application.

Hope it clarifies. So my suggestion is if you have all P45 and P60 please carry them

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:54 am

Hi Shiv,

Congratulations !

Re Employment dates , are you referring to your first employment under WP ? Did you have an incountry switching to wp category or did you enter UK on a WP ?

Can you comment on my situation : my incountry WP switch in UK was granted on 26th Oct 04 but I joined job 1st Nov 04 . I have PEO appointment on 29th Sep 09 - Do you think they check dates of employment to count 5 yrs ( minus 28 days ) ILR period or do they count from date of issue of leave to remain in passport ( provided one in in the UK on that day ).

Also I only have P60's for last three year. I am with the same employer - if I carry a letter to confirm my start of employment - will this suffice to confirm my employment period incase I dont find my first 2 P60's ?

shivuu006 wrote:Hi Hari

There is no mandatory requirement that dependents should accompany us. When i called to get my appointment i was told the same. I took them so that it would be a day out for them :wink:

Regarding my employment dates, the date I joined my company here in UK was entred as my leaving date with that company in their systems. Since I had all the P60 and P45, employment letters etc casworke spoke to his supervisor. His supervisor told that could be a typing error by the Home office clerks and he asked the caseworker to further process the application.

Hope it clarifies. So my suggestion is if you have all P45 and P60 please carry them

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:48 am

Hi Chakde

I came to UK on a WP, before that I was not in UK. I think the day your WP granted counts rather than the start date of the employment. For example in my second WP, it was granted in Feb 2007 but i started my employment only in April 2007. So ideally they should count
from date of issue of leave to remain in passport ( provided one in in the UK on that day ).

Also regarding P60's it varies from case to case i believe. if your information is up-to-date in their systems then you can do without first two year p60's as well. Since you have got a month time, you can request a SAR (Subject Access Request) with HO to see how your dates are.

But in any case do carry a letter from employer and if you have payslips for those first two years, carry them

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Thanks for your response, I sent SAR request by post last week - not sure how long will it take ? Even cheque is not banked yet , any ideas to expedite SAR request ?

shivuu006 wrote:Hi Chakde

I came to UK on a WP, before that I was not in UK. I think the day your WP granted counts rather than the start date of the employment. For example in my second WP, it was granted in Feb 2007 but i started my employment only in April 2007. So ideally they should count
from date of issue of leave to remain in passport ( provided one in in the UK on that day ).

Also regarding P60's it varies from case to case i believe. if your information is up-to-date in their systems then you can do without first two year p60's as well. Since you have got a month time, you can request a SAR (Subject Access Request) with HO to see how your dates are.

But in any case do carry a letter from employer and if you have payslips for those first two years, carry them

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:00 pm

I am not sure about it. I have done a SAR with national police database and it took around 3weeks

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:48 pm

Can you please share further info of doing SAR through national police database . Any specific format , documents to send . address to send , etc

shivuu006 wrote:I am not sure about it. I have done a SAR with national police database and it took around 3weeks

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:41 pm

i was given a fixed penalty on a shop lifting offence, bit unfortunate though. i wont go into those details but i wanted to check what is there in NPD regarding this fine. Luckily there isnt any info there. You can access the SAR request form from your local county police website, fill it and send it along with 10£ cheque. The address you would send it vary from county to county. So you need to check with your local county.Thats it. I delcard this notice as part of my application. no questions were asked

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:59 pm

Congrats Shivuu006,

What exactly is the background check they are doing? For example if I came with HSMP or WP what background check will be done?

Because I am confused after showing P60 or payslips and bank stmts, they still carried out background checks, what are these checks?

Your contribution will be highly appreciated.

xumh
Newly Registered

Post by xumh » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:33 pm

I asked the caseworker, he said sth similar with Criminal Record Checking but much more details, thats background check.

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:11 am

Hi iyanu

I am not sure what checks they are doing as they declined to said but i understood they are criminal record and may be back ground checks.

chakde23

Post by chakde23 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:21 pm

Any guess if these checks may have been carried out while issuing live to remain if we recently have switched from HSMP or WP to Tier 1 as well ?

And if that went fine , hopefully there may be no issues until something as happened otherwise between our last LTR and today ?

shivuu006 wrote:Hi iyanu

I am not sure what checks they are doing as they declined to said but i understood they are criminal record and may be back ground checks.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:47 pm

iyanu wrote:Congrats Shivuu006,

What exactly is the background check they are doing? For example if I came with HSMP or WP what background check will be done?

Because I am confused after showing P60 or payslips and bank stmts, they still carried out background checks, what are these checks?

As far as I know they will do criminal record check.

If anybody is arrested / penalised for any sort of criminal activity there name , address and DOB will be in Police records. Home office will just cross check will police records to make sure that he dont have any criminal background

they will also check for whether his passport is banned in any country etc..

also they will check whether the person recieving any public fund or not. if anybody applying for ILR is already recieving public fund application will be refused

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:16 pm

Many thanks Xumh, Sheevu, chakde23 and especially hari15.

I really appreciate.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:44 pm

hari15 wrote:
iyanu wrote:Congrats Shivuu006,

As far as I know they will do criminal record check.

If anybody is arrested / penalised for any sort of criminal activity there name , address and DOB will be in Police records. Home office will just cross check will police records to make sure that he dont have any criminal background

they will also check for whether his passport is banned in any country etc..

also they will check whether the person recieving any public fund or not. if anybody applying for ILR is already recieving public fund application will be refused
hello, how they check if your passport is banned in any country or not? can you please advise?

Mathew123
Newly Registered

Post by Mathew123 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:29 pm

Hi Smile,
Can you give me some information regarding considering adaptation visas period counting in 5 year ILR period, which u had mentioned somewhere regarding this,in case of student nurse visa with out work permit. I had posted my problem this week under IRL refused. Please.

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:54 am

mathew, sorry for the late reply. if you had given adaption/registered nurse work permit and that would count towards ILR but if you were given a student nurse visa to adaptation that wont count towards ILR.