ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (10yrs residence) Experience at Cryodon PEO

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

ILR (10yrs residence) Experience at Cryodon PEO

Post by RAJ2007 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:00 am

I got my ILR on the basis of 10yrs residence. I have applied 25days before completion of 10yrs.
My 10yrs stay includes 1yr-student, 9yrs- student dependent, 1yr –PSW dependent.

My appt was at 10am, I reached there at 9am. Went through the airport style security, standing in the queue for 10min. Then I was asked to go one of the counters at the ground floor. The lady was very formal. I gave her the form, passports and the LIK certificate. She started putting my list of visa extension on a form. Then she told me that you have got a gap. Then I showed her the relevant visa page that she missed. The she again looked into her system and informed me that she is not able to find that extension details. I was surprised. She wrote a not e on that piece of form that no information about that visa stamp on the system. Then stamped my app. Form as valid and asked me to go to 1st floor for payment. Made the payment on the 1st floor. And then I was to go to 2nd floor. Then from 2nd floor I was asked to go to 1st floor. My number was called. A young lady asked for my app form, passports, LIK paper. I gave her everything and also gave her the list of visa extension spreadsheet that I have done. She was pleased to see that. Then surprisingly she asked is our wife with you? Have you a joint bank statement with you? Have u got her passport? Fortunately I had all those with me (since most of the time I was on dependent visa). I told her that it was not on the form and I didn’t expected I will asked for it. She nodded. I don’t why she asked for it. She took photocopy of all those (her PP, joint bank statement) and returned it. Then she told me that it will take and 1.5 hr to check everything. She called me back at 11.30 and told me that everything looks ok to her. However she told that her senior need to check her work. But not to worry , should be ok. Come back in after 1.5 hr to get the visa on your passport. I waited till 1.20pm when my number was called. I finally got my ILR. Very happy. My wife is going to apply for her ILR (10yrs) soon. Since dependents not allowed to apply on my application, therefore she needs to apply for herself on the own. I have started preparation for that.

I thank everyone for the advice and help I got from this forum. Long Live Immigration forum. Special thanks to Vinny, John, magsi23, …….

xumh
Newly Registered

Post by xumh » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:14 am

Congratulation RAJ, I assume you went PEO on Wed? As I am waiting mine to come back through post, I went in on Mon.

Thank you for the information.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:08 pm

Well done and many Congrats Raj, enjoy the immigration freedom now :)
Magsi

hert

Post by hert » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:18 pm

Congrats Raj. I got mine as well yesterday though had a appointment for noon.

lboro

Post by lboro » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:42 pm

magsi23 wrote:Well done and many Congrats Raj, enjoy the immigration freedom now :)
magsi, ILR is not immigration freedom at all!!! I just went abroad after my ILR, I returned today and to my surprise I was asked same questions as when I didn't have my ILR!!! I thought they will look at ILR and that's it!

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:34 pm

Really? what they ask you exactly?

Thats silly though
Magsi

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:41 am

magsi23 wrote:
Well done and many Congrats Raj, enjoy the immigration freedom now Smile

magsi, ILR is not immigration freedom at all!!! I just went abroad after my ILR, I returned today and to my surprise I was asked same questions as when I didn't have my ILR!!! I thought they will look at ILR and that's it!
You are technically subject to immigration control as it can be taken away if obtained by fraud or out of UK for 2 years. You are not totally free from control until you become naturalized.

I was asked how ILR was obtained and when I got it.

lboro

Post by lboro » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:26 am

iceman010899 wrote: You are technically subject to immigration control as it can be taken away if obtained by fraud or out of UK for 2 years. .
Even once you become BC, it can be taken away if obtained by fraud!

magsi, they just ask normal questions, nothing to worry, was jst making emphasize that ILR is still subject to the same rule as workpermit, HSMP, etc when you are at the border seeking entry to UK.

e_menzies
Newly Registered

Post by e_menzies » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:41 am

lboro wrote:
magsi23 wrote:Well done and many Congrats Raj, enjoy the immigration freedom now :)
even you are british national they will still ask you question (f they will have any doubt) one thing keep in your mind if you are less traveller they will ask you more question but if you are frequent traveller (dosnt matter you have british passport or not) they will ask you less question or might not ask even a single question.