ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Sponsorship Timeline

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vgneshm
Newly Registered

Certificate of Sponsorship Timeline

Post by vgneshm » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:02 pm

Hi,

How long is the wait to get Certificate of Sponsorship for Tier-2 visa (Intra Company transfer)? My company is an A-rated sponsor.

Thanks

ash786
BANNED

Re: Certificate of Sponsorship Timeline

Post by ash786 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:36 pm

vgneshm wrote:Hi,

How long is the wait to get Certificate of Sponsorship for Tier-2 visa (Intra Company transfer)? My company is an A-rated sponsor.

Thanks
1. Do u mean license for u company or COS for uself
2. COS can be issed in a day but licence for the company can take up to 8 weeks.

vgneshm
Newly Registered

Post by vgneshm » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:55 am

Thanks ash786. But I have mentioned that my company is an A-rated sponsor. Doesn't it mean that they have license to sponsor? Please clarify.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:53 am

vgneshm wrote:Thanks ash786. But I have mentioned that my company is an A-rated sponsor. Doesn't it mean that they have license to sponsor? Please clarify.
1. So u company is already have a licence.
2. All they need to do is to log into the Sponsorship Management System and complete the application online which takes about 20 minutes assuming they have all the details (job title, pasport info. wages etc)
3. Once they complete the application, a number will be given at the end which is called COS.
4. COS is not a paper written confirmation but a reference number with u details attached to it on the UKBA system.
5. So it does not take long to get a COS from a licensed sponsor.