ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mysterious policy at VFS centre Bangalore?!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nona

Mysterious policy at VFS centre Bangalore?!

Post by Nona » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:07 am

At the time of my application submission today 31-Aug at the VFS office, Bangalore, the submission officer asked me sign some sort of a document, which appeared to be a simple checklist at first glance but on a more thorough reading I found a disclaimer that they have advised the applicant that there is insufficient evidence, but the applicant chooses to go ahead with the application.

Not having received such advice, I refused to sign. They said it is mandatory and applications will not be accepted in that centre if this is left unsigned. And that it is a standard procedure and "EVERY" applicant is required to sign. They told me that this has been practice for the past 2-3 months.

I pointed out that I have provided all the required evidence and took him through the evidence. He said that in that case I shouldn't have any problem in signing the document since all evidence has been provided!

Anyone here know anything about this? It sounds totally nutty to me!

Nona

vnvijay

Re: Mysterious policy at VFS centre Bangalore?!

Post by vnvijay » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi,

its very bad practice!

also, i feel they want to be on the safer side.

when i submitted i did not see any such forms!

VJ
Nona wrote:At the time of my application submission today 31-Aug at the VFS office, Bangalore, the submission officer asked me sign some sort of a document, which appeared to be a simple checklist at first glance but on a more thorough reading I found a disclaimer that they have advised the applicant that there is insufficient evidence, but the applicant chooses to go ahead with the application.

Not having received such advice, I refused to sign. They said it is mandatory and applications will not be accepted in that centre if this is left unsigned. And that it is a standard procedure and "EVERY" applicant is required to sign. They told me that this has been practice for the past 2-3 months.

I pointed out that I have provided all the required evidence and took him through the evidence. He said that in that case I shouldn't have any problem in signing the document since all evidence has been provided!

Nona

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:34 pm

Nona wrote:At the time of my application submission today 31-Aug at the VFS office, Bangalore, the submission officer asked me sign some sort of a document, which appeared to be a simple checklist at first glance but on a more thorough reading I found a disclaimer that they have advised the applicant that there is insufficient evidence, but the applicant chooses to go ahead with the application.

Nona
Wow...they are making sure that you do not apply for appeal(in urfirtunate case of rejection) as you knew you were submitting incomplete evidence.

Nona

Post by Nona » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:11 pm

chetanojha wrote:

Nona
Wow...they are making sure that you do not apply for appeal(in urfirtunate case of rejection) as you knew you were submitting incomplete evidence.
What can be done to thwart it? Should I write to BHC about this?

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:08 pm

Nona wrote:
chetanojha wrote:

Nona
Well you can write after you receive your approval ;-)
If VFS is doing this, may be they are asked to do so. VFS guys are not that intelligent. OR you can write to BHC now so that to cover your back just in case.

push

Post by push » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:43 pm

Nona wrote:a disclaimer that they have advised the applicant that there is insufficient evidence, but the applicant chooses to go ahead with the application.
Are you sure that was the exact wording? Disclaimers might mean totally different if you miss out one comma, if or save etc.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Nona

Post by Nona » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:42 am

Well, while I don't have the exact word (I failed to note it down), I'm certain that I have got the phrase at the end right - I've underlined the part that I got right

"....we have advised the applicant that there is insufficient evidence, but the applicant chooses to go ahead with the application"

Nona

Post by Nona » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:26 am

chetanojha wrote:
Nona wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
If VFS is doing this, may be they are asked to do so. VFS guys are not that intelligent. OR you can write to BHC now so that to cover your back just in case.
People,
I talked to BHC Chennai. And they confirmed that such a sign-off is being mandated for every applicant but not those who apply through a consultant/agent. When I said that the checklist was not even on official-looking paper (it was a poorly photocopied document) they said that VFS is their agent and hence they have the BHC's approval and as such it can be considered to be BHC's document.

Is this making any sense to any one? So, why not make it official I wonder?

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:55 am

Nona wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
Nona wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
People,
I talked to BHC Chennai. And they confirmed that such a sign-off is being mandated for every applicant but not those who apply through a consultant/agent. When I said that the checklist was not even on official-looking paper (it was a poorly photocopied document) they said that VFS is their agent and hence they have the BHC's approval and as such it can be considered to be BHC's document.

Is this making any sense to any one? So, why not make it official I wonder?
Well don't loose your sleep over it than. ;-)