ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Application rejected due to photograph

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sapphire1974

Post by Sapphire1974 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:14 pm

I made an application yesterday but now m just more concerned about photographs; I think one of my sons photograph was not passport compliant; I wondering is it OK to resend the photographs again to HO just to be on the safe side?

push

Post by push » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:41 pm

Sapphire1974 wrote:I made an application yesterday but now m just more concerned about photographs; I think one of my sons photograph was not passport compliant; I wondering is it OK to resend the photographs again to HO just to be on the safe side?
I am not sure how would they cross-reference the two without the reference number.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

vikas_raghunath

Post by vikas_raghunath » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:18 pm

deepthy_ravi wrote:Isnt this ridiculous? Legitimate applicants who are paying most of their hard earned money as taxes to UK govt are bearing the brunt of their immigration rules !
Last edited by vikas_raghunath on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Mind you,they have rejected my friends application saying that funds were insufficient ,when it was not the case..when my friend pointed that out ,they said they you need to Reapply..No right to appeal..

So they are now rejecting application WITHOUT any reason and keeping the fees (1000 GBP).IF you dont like it,you can go back to your country ..:(
Sorry ,but my highly skilled friend was "slighly" upset by the treatement given by "highly skilled " case worker and "open" immigration policy

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:55 pm

ashishashah wrote:Mind you,they have rejected my friends application saying that funds were insufficient ,when it was not the case..when my friend pointed that out ,they said they you need to Reapply..No right to appeal..

So they are now rejecting application WITHOUT any reason and keeping the fees (1000 GBP).IF you dont like it,you can go back to your country ..:(
Sorry ,but my highly skilled friend was "slighly" upset by the treatement given by "highly skilled " case worker and "open" immigration policy
WT*!! Sorry to hear about it.

Your friend could have asked for Admin Review, and dealt with it.

Complain aswell. Set the record straight with HO for both your firend and us in whole.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:59 pm

Well,my friend managed to find a job and started working on WP..
It was mentioned that he had NO right to appeal ...Dont know why it was mentioned. (may be they knew what they were doing)
But really cannot blame ..Recession is bad and foreigners are taking up jobs

deepthy_ravi
Newly Registered

Post by deepthy_ravi » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:13 pm

confusedhsmp wrote:
ashishashah wrote: WT*!! Sorry to hear about it.

Complain aswell. Set the record straight with HO for both your firend and us in whole.

what is admin review?

push

Post by push » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:43 pm

confusedhsmp wrote:
ashishashah wrote:Mind you,they have rejected my friends application saying that funds were insufficient ,when it was not the case..when my friend pointed that out ,they said they you need to Reapply..No right to appeal..

WT*!! Sorry to hear about it.

Admin Review is not applicable for "in country applications". Secondly, you do not get right to appeal if your current leave to remain in UK is still valid.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

jitendar
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Application rejected due to photograph

Post by jitendar » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:54 am

removed other bits as already addressed in last ---Can anyone suggest if my application was checked for all other parameters, or its being considered invalid just by checking the photos. Can there be a scenario that when I make a fresh application with latest photo of my wife, application could be rejected with other reasons saying that this time my photo is old as my application was initially submitted on 5th aug and i am planing to resubmit it on 6 Sep. Secondly do we have to attach latest bank statements as the case of now a month old to show available funds or we can refer to old case ID while making fresh application.
Last edited by jitendar on Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deepthy_ravi
Newly Registered

Post by deepthy_ravi » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi jitendar,
It is always better to submit a fresh application. Not sure if they would've have checked anything else before checking the photos. Please do send them latest bank statements and a letter quoting your previous HO reference number and case id. Always make sure you double check each and every line in the app form. Dont give them any chance to reject again !!

jitendar
Newly Registered

Post by jitendar » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:18 pm

by saying that we need fresh application, what did you do, can we not send the same application just adding the payment pages and replacing the first page where barcode and 'invalid' was mentioned. I am adding latest bank statement.

Thanks

patni
Newly Registered

Post by patni » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:11 am

^^^

Did the exact same thing. Lets see...

flytouknida

Post by flytouknida » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 am

Hi deepthy_ravi, Patni,

I am also another victim of old photographs. Today I received documents and rejected due to old photographs. (I haven't seen this thread earlier. If I see I definetely correct it. :) ). I have taken new passport two months back and unexpectedly same photo I sent for visa extension. I have taken care alot for my 1 year child, but not mine :cry:

In my letter, they didn't mention about refund fee. How you people got it?
Do I need to make a call to HO?

How did you people recieve money? is it cheque? I applied through credit card.

My visa expires on 28th sept. I have in person appointment on 15th sept.

Now I will apply in person.

patni wrote:^^^

Did the exact same thing. Lets see...

flytouknida

Post by flytouknida » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi Oceanboy
Did you recieve refund?. I was also recieved my app as invalid becoz of photographs. But no information about refund on that paper?

Thanks
Nida
oceanboy_99 wrote:Hi deepthy_ravi,

This morning, after 4 weeks since I sent my Tier 1 General application, I received a bad news, saying that my application is invalid and therefore rejected. The reason of the rejection is the same as yours.

How did you get the refund? Was it automatically done?

What are you going to do next? Reapplying?

Thanks a lot in advance.

MSI GEEK

Post by MSI GEEK » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:46 pm

when was the applicant sent and the rejection received due to photo?

how many days lapsed between the date of application and rejection?

Do you get Acknowledgement number from BA before rejection?

deepthy_ravi
Newly Registered

Post by deepthy_ravi » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Posted my second application on the 11th of Aug and HO took money from my account on the 13th of August. Still waiting for the passport and other documents...
On top of that there is a strike called by Royal mail and thousands of letters are waiting to be delivered in their delivery centres...
really stressful :x

Has anyone who posted their application around mid of August, got any response from Home office ?? Please reply...

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:06 pm

deepthy_ravi wrote:Posted my second application on the 11th of Aug and HO took money from my account on the 13th of August. Still waiting for the passport and other documents...
On top of that there is a strike called by Royal mail and thousands of letters are waiting to be delivered in their delivery centres...
really stressful :x

Has anyone who posted their application around mid of August, got any response from Home office ?? Please reply...
I had applied around that time and I have received my visa on 10th September (just two days ago). However since your application was already considered invalid once and is for yourself and a dependant they may take more time to check that your application is no longer invalid.

As for the postal strike, are you based in London? If not the chances of you being affected by the postal strike are low. If you are then maybe by next week you can contact the Home Office asking if they have posted out your documents back to you as you are living an area affected by regular postal strikes.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

deepthy_ravi
Newly Registered

Post by deepthy_ravi » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:05 pm

Thanks for your reply...
Yes I am living in London and there was a report in daily mail newspaper about postal backlog in our area and mails being sorted on the pavement due to sorting office employee strike !!!

will wait for one more week and then call Home office...

urana

Post by urana » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:38 pm

Hello,

I have sent my Tier 1 General application on 01/08/09, after a month I have received a call from visa officer for requesting 2recent photograph on 01/09/09, sounds like positive because he told me that in my older visas I have used same photos. However after sending photographs, I haven’t received any reply from HO till the date. I called to public enquiry office and they advised me to write a litter to visa officer, which I did & again attached photographs & sent to HO on 14/09/09.

As per new rules HO customer call centre can not tell us anything before 14 weeks, I don’t know what I can do in this situation as visa officer has considered my application but no reply from HO now.

Confirmation 03/08/09
Fee deducted 03/08/09
Acknowledgement received 05/08/09
Call on Mob from Visa Officer 01/09/09
Photo sent by spcl delivery: 02/09/09 (no reply till 2 weeks)
Again Write a letter & attached 2 photograph & sent by spcl delivery 14/09/09
Waiting for reply…………..

sureshgarre
Newly Registered

Post by sureshgarre » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Even I am in the same situation..

submitted old photograph with the application I sent on 17th August.

Fee deducted on 20th and I saw this discussion on 1st Sep., I sent the recent photographs to HO in a separate post

Not sure if they consider my photographs as I have sent them before they asked me...

Fingers crossed...My visa is gonna expire on 27th Sep, thats the biggest worry...

deepthy_ravi
Newly Registered

Post by deepthy_ravi » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:33 pm

Got my Tier 1 visa and passport and other docs back from HO today.
What a relief !! :)

urana

Post by urana » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:50 pm

Hello All,

I have received my Tier 1 (General) today; I was on PSW earlier which I have granted in March’09
The earning which I have claimed i.e. for 2006 to 2007 was prior to my student visa, as I have completed my Msc in Sept’08 & I was fall under 12 months time.

Confirmation 03/08/09
Fee deducted 03/08/09
Acknowledgement received 05/08/09
Call on Mob from Visa Officer 01/09/09
Photo sent by spcl delivery: 02/09/09 (no reply till 2 weeks)
Again Write a letter & attached 2 photograph & sent by spcl delivery 14/09/09
Visa Granted on 21/09/09
Passport & documents Received on 23/09/09

Wish You Good Luck to all!!

sush1
Newly Registered

Photograph Rules

Post by sush1 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:29 pm

Applying for Tier1 and Dependant visa in coming weeks. I have taken a recent photograph from Jessops (which will be kind of a week old), however my photos have rounded edges, anyone got rejected due to rounded edges on photographs?

May be a silly question , but seeing the amt of posts due to photograph rejections, dunt want to take a chance.

Pls reply.