ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajuraju
Newly Registered

change employer

Post by rajuraju » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:02 am

Hi every body
I am a work permit holder.i just apply for change a job, my new job approvel letter also came from home office.But now i dont want join new job because my current emplyoer offer me a good salary,so know i deside work with my current employer. my question is that can i continue work with my current employer? {my current employer didnt cancel my work permit its valid till sep 2010.and i didnt stamp new FLR on my passport.}or its any problem for my ILR its due july 2010? PLEASE HELP ME
THANKS

ash786
BANNED

Re: change employer

Post by ash786 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:58 am

rajuraju wrote:Hi every body
I am a work permit holder.i just apply for change a job, my new job approvel letter also came from home office.But now i dont want join new job because my current emplyoer offer me a good salary,so know i deside work with my current employer. my question is that can i continue work with my current employer? {my current employer didnt cancel my work permit its valid till sep 2010.and i didnt stamp new FLR on my passport.}or its any problem for my ILR its due july 2010? PLEASE HELP ME
THANKS
1. U need to be very careful in this situation
2. U have already received the approval letter from HO which means that they know that u left the old job and will start a new one.
3. U old work permit wud have been canceleld bu UKBA as they have given u a new letter
4. In u situation i wud recommend to get in touch with HO and clarify that.
5. Wen the old work permit gets cancelled u need to apply for the new job within 28 days or u leave will be curtailed.
6. U have not apply for the new FLR as well so which means that u have not used the new approval letter.

Get in touch with HO and clarify that or ask u first employer to check that.

eager2learn

Re: change employer

Post by eager2learn » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:52 am

ash786 wrote:
rajuraju wrote:Hi every body
THANKS
1. U need to be very careful in this situation
2. U have already received the approval letter from HO which means that they know that u left the old job and will start a new one.
3. U old work permit wud have been canceleld bu UKBA as they have given u a new letter
4. In u situation i wud recommend to get in touch with HO and clarify that.
5. Wen the old work permit gets cancelled u need to apply for the new job within 28 days or u leave will be curtailed.
6. U have not apply for the new FLR as well so which means that u have not used the new approval letter.

Get in touch with HO and clarify that or ask u first employer to check that.
Under tier 2, its just the certificate of sponsorship number thats provided to apply for FLR. So when the new employer gets this and give it to the employee, does it mean that the HO assume the previous job is finished? what happens if there is few months overlap, for example someone just worked from home at night in the previous job for 1/2 months along with the new job and then finish it?

rajuraju
Newly Registered

Post by rajuraju » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:13 am

HI every one THANKS for your useful advise.
Today i contact HO enquire office, i told them all my story,they told me if you have a valid work permit so you can continue work with your old employer,new approvel letter still not active because you didnt send passport for FLR SO YOU CAN CONTINUE.
Now i am relax. THANKS FOR EVERY BODY