ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post by 2036789 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:58 pm

bazzy i doubt its six week , its 6 month i think. which makes it valid until dec if you did it end of june
MM

Post by 2036789 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:59 pm

ok i see youve ediited you post and ammended weeks to months
MM

S4INT

Post by S4INT » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:13 pm

BAZZY_1

Exactly the same situation as me - the TB is coming to expiring - so not sure what will happen - maybe another TB test but not a resubmission as time elapsed is due to back log not applicant

but who knows

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:19 pm

S4INT wrote:BAZZY_1

Exactly the same situation as me - the TB is coming to expiring - so not sure what will happen - maybe another TB test but not a resubmission as time elapsed is due to back log not applicant

but who knows
Hi S4INT,

Do you remember the situation with desperate wife she had to redo her biometrics and they gave her a new reference no.
Maybe i am just fearing the worst, but Inshallah Allah (SWT) will do best.

Just wondered if anyone on the forum had experienced this at all?
Regards,

Baz

rizzy2193

Post by rizzy2193 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:35 pm

To be honest, im pretty sure (maybe its me being optimistic) that we wont have anything to worry about since the long delays are due to a backlog the UKBA are facing and the applicant is not at fault here.

With D-W I think with her they screwed her Bio's up so was different to TB Certificate. I dont think any1 here has had this issue before.

Any good news on status changes for anyone?

Post by 2036789 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:43 pm

what happened to desperate wifew did she end up getting banned
MM

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:47 pm

good news
BHC hav started sending settelments pasports to Gerys n one of our reletive colectd his pasport on last week tusedy he aplied in frst week of june n he said ther were many other people for collection so guys just relax n pray

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:49 pm

Hi Kayaniii,

That is great to hear, but what about fellow brothers and sisters, who applied somtime in april, have you guys heard anything yet.

Also has anyone else who applied from Karachi recently got a reply?

Inshallah Allah SWT will listen to all our prayers
Regards,

Baz

UKGuyLondon

Post by UKGuyLondon » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:56 am

Based on what Kayaniii is saying and also general feedback from other applicant's, it seems to me that 12 week timelines are being met for many cases which is when we should start expecting some sort of a reply from Gerry's.

Cases which are taking longer are probably getting delayed due to need for extra verifications or are repeat applications/appeals.

Fingers crossed.....

t_a786

hi

Post by t_a786 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:47 pm

Hi bazzy1
my hubby applied from Karachi on 28 April, they refused his visa on 8th May 2009. But they didn't tell us anything until 19th August my hubby got his Passport back.

We were so disappointed as they took so long to give it back when they had refused the visa since May.

I submitted his appeal on 1st of Sep 09. Will see.

They didn't even bother to write a letter or reply to emails for more info. they just refused it.

We are so disappointed. His TB certif. will run aout soon. As he got it done in March 2009.

I can't believe it. 3000 rupees again. and waiting!!!!!! :x

I don't know what to expect anymore.

:(

bazzy_1

Re: hi

Post by bazzy_1 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:43 pm

t_a786 wrote:Hi bazzy1
my hubby applied from Karachi on 28 April, they refused his visa on 8th May 2009. But they didn't tell us anything until 19th August my hubby got his Passport back.

We were so disappointed as they took so long to give it back when they had refused the visa since May.

They didn't even bother to write a letter or reply to emails for more info. they just refused it.

We are so disappointed. His TB certif. will run aout soon. As he got it done in March 2009.

Hi,

When they returned your hubby's passport they would advise why it was refused.
From what i have heard on this forum they give you a letter advising what they found as insufficient information to grant the visa.
Regards,

Baz

Post by 2036789 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:07 pm

my 14th week starts on thursday, I have a dream that my wife calls me at work and tell me the status has changed
MM

S4INT

Post by S4INT » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:48 am

Hello 2036789

I to hope to hear some good news this week inshallah week 14 starts on Thursday

Will keep all posted and hope you will do the same

S4INT

S4INT

Post by S4INT » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:57 pm

More bad news for us -

http://ukinpakistan.fco.gov.uk/en/newsr ... d=20805024

Important notice by the British High Commission. (07/09/2009)

The British High Commission announced today that "due to ongoing IT difficulties experienced within the British High Commission, visa processing timeframes are likely to be adversely affected. We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience caused.
We are prioritising all student applications and we are working hard to process them in time. If you think that you might miss your start date for your course, we recommend that you contact your education provider to ask for a new visa letter with a later start date.
For information about your application, please contact Gerry's hotline: 090010411 (Landline) & 8865 (Mobile) and for UKBA's Top 10 tips for student applications, visit http://ukinpakistan.fco.gov.uk/en/visas-for-the-uk/.
UK Border Agency welcomes genuine travellers and values the economic and the cultural input Pakistani Students bring to the UK."

not sure if this is for students only

rizzy2193

Post by rizzy2193 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:42 pm

damn ... so I guess this is confirmation that student visas are taking priority which will explain why some people are on 13-15 weeks waiting time now.

I don't think it has anything to do IT difficulties, its just a great excuse ... but more than likely due to the mass volume of student visa requests and the UKBA moving offices.

Either way, its confirmed, it gonna take longer for all of us. Guess I will b going to Pak for Eid after all!

Anyone received any news yet?

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:33 pm

OMG

could it get any worse :x

Post by 2036789 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:10 pm

whats next i wonder if we get a reply some time this year??
MM

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi Guys,

I know we seem to be getting 1 bad news after another, and the wait is painful at times. But is Ramadhan lets pray, Allah SWT. will do best for us all.

Inshallah, we will get good news soon. Allah SWT. always tests those who are close to him. And this is the month were we get most reward for our prayers.
Regards,

Baz

UKGuyLondon

Post by UKGuyLondon » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:19 am

I have a friend who works in the BHC Karachi. He told me about a week ago that there are IT issues being faced globally in some system of theirs which is why there are all sorts of delays. BHC is not covering up and using this as an excuse, it really is the truth!

Add to the above the fact that there was relocation activity going on at UK Hub in London which processes settlement visa's from Pakistan and you have the reasons for the massive delays....

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:56 am

mekyle1@hotmail.com wrote:I have a friend who works in the BHC Karachi. He told me about a week ago that there are IT issues being faced globally in some system of theirs which is why there are all sorts of delays. BHC is not covering up and using this as an excuse, it really is the truth!

Add to the above the fact that there was relocation activity going on at UK Hub in London which processes settlement visa's from Pakistan and you have the reasons for the massive delays....
Hi,

Its good to hear that people on this forum have contacts within BHC, atleast we can get the truth for a change.

By the way how long have you been waiting for the visa and did you apply in Karachi.
Regards,

Baz

Post by 2036789 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:06 pm

ok i my local Mp's immigration assistant contacted me today with some news about my visa, they said the embassy told her deffered my visa on the 27th aug (exactly 12 weeks after I applied) for further checks, I asked why did they defer it and not give me decision after 12 weeks, she said maybe its because its your second app, nevertheless they said they will move it on too the next stage (which probably means the decision) in 3-4 weeks from now. please remember me in your prayers I pray that inshallah everyone recieves some positive new soon
MM

UKGuyLondon

Post by UKGuyLondon » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:51 am

bazzy_1 wrote:
mekyle1@hotmail.com wrote:I have a friend who works in the BHC Karachi. He told me about a week ago that there are IT issues being faced globally in some system of theirs which is why there are all sorts of delays. BHC is not covering up and using this as an excuse, it really is the truth!

Hi,

Its good to hear that people on this forum have contacts within BHC, atleast we can get the truth for a change.

By the way how long have you been waiting for the visa and did you apply in Karachi.
Hi Bazzy,

My wife and 2 yr old son's application was made in Karachi at Gerry's on 13th July so it's been almost 2 months.

weiser

Re: hi

Post by weiser » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:00 am

t_a786 wrote:Hi bazzy1

For an appeal to succeed you will have to provide outstanding information as why high commision should overturn their decision and give you the visa. Unless nothing new has been submitted I would not bother with appeal. I did an appeal and it is now over 1.5yrs and my wife is still in Pakistan, if I had to go through the process again I would have sumbitted a new fresh application with the info they refused your visa.
Also, I would never appeal from Pakistam again I made thia mistake. I would have appealed from the UK as this is where your appeal application will be sent, so why not apply from the UK in the first place but then it does cost more money.

was794

Post by was794 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:57 am

Whats happening peeps !!
BUZZIN !!!!!
Check out the reply for my MP !!!
application has been approved just need to wait for passport to be sent back and GERRYS to to phone my Mrs up ASAP! -

Dear Mr ******
Please see the email below from my contact at the Home Office. As you can see the application has been approved.

Best wishes

Jane

Jane Robertson

Constituency Secretary to

George Osborne MP, Shadow Chancellor

Tel - 01565 873037

Fax - 01565 873039

Sent: 11 September 2009 11:12
To: ROBERTSON, Jane
Subject: RE: VISA APPLICATION REF - LHE/120609/086835/1 - George Osborne MP

Jane

The visa was approved on 8th September. However, it is unlikely that the Mr ***** or his wife will yet be aware of this. This is because the decisions on this kind of case are made in the UK and the paperwork now needs to find its way back to Mr *****’s wife back in Pakistan. However, you can let them know of the positive outcome and that they can expect the visa to come through shortly.

Regards

Guy

S4INT

Post by S4INT » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:30 am

Hi Was

Let me be the first to congratulate you and your wife on this fantastic news.
I hope they do the paper work soon and inform you when to collect the passport.

I'm still waiting but again see you get some positive response give us all hope.

thanks for sharing the news with us all

S4INT