ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lilly09

Post by lilly09 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:55 pm

I thought this thread was for discussing all sorts of applications...not just neutralisation.....

zkashan
Newly Registered

Neuter?

Post by zkashan » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:41 am

lilly09 wrote:I thought this thread was for discussing all sorts of applications...not just neutralisation.....

I think its mean to neuter but good to naturalise.:)

ladyinuk
Newly Registered

Re: TIMELINE AFTER APPLICATION SUBMISSION HERE, PLEASE?

Post by ladyinuk » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:14 pm

NCS or Postal = NCS
If NCS, which centre = YORK
Date of submission or posting = 2/4/09
CRITERIA = 17 yr stay (17 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card = 11/4/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement = Not recieved one, but called & they have confirmed app in process
Date of receipt of approval = STILL WAITING
Date of Ceremony = STILL WAITING
Date of appln. for passport = STILL WAITING
Method used
Date of Receipt

I keep calling the call centre and they just fob you off by telling you still being investigated. What more do they need, they have all my details, I went to school here, been paying council tax with the same local authority for 15 yrs, I have worked and paid tax since I was 16. Am educated with a professional job so am shocked to read others who've been here just 5 yrs (with exception of spouse applicants) are getting decisions in a month.

Is anyone else still waiting after 5 months?
Thanks

sameera82
Newly Registered

Post by sameera82 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi all,

I wanted to know what documents to send off with the naturalization application if you are applying after 5yr HSMP+1 yr ILR?

thanx in advance

capricornianz
BANNED

Post by capricornianz » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:22 pm

Everyone, please keep this tracker/thread clean.

This is purely for "TIMELINE" purpose, so that we can track/check who's getting what and when.

For all other discussions, please use or start other threads

sashank

Post by sashank » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:32 pm

ladyinuk wrote:
I have worked and paid tax since I was 16. Am educated with a professional job so am shocked to read others who've been here just 5 yrs (with exception of spouse applicants) are getting decisions in a month.

Thanks
ARE YOU NOT UNDERMINNING PEOPLE IN THOSE CATEGORY???????????THERE MUST be something wrong that it took you 17 years to get ILR as these people get their ILR in 5 years. I strongly believe that these people in Home Office are doing brilliant job because they are capable enough to give decision within a month for applications.

taliska

Post by taliska » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:40 pm

sashank wrote:
ladyinuk wrote:
I have worked and paid tax since I was 16. Am educated with a professional job so am shocked to read others who've been here just 5 yrs (with exception of spouse applicants) are getting decisions in a month.

Thanks
ARE YOU NOT UNDERMINNING PEOPLE IN THOSE CATAGORY???????????THERE MUST be something wrong that it took you 17 years to get ILR as these people get their ILR in 5 years.
We nee to hear more details of how you came here etc... ladyinukas 17yrs is long but maybe start a new post as this is not the place as it's for TIMELINES

ladyinuk
Newly Registered

Post by ladyinuk » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm

taliska wrote:
sashank wrote:
ladyinuk wrote:

Thanks
ARE YOU NOT UNDERMINNING PEOPLE IN THOSE CATAGORY???????????THERE MUST be something wrong that it took you 17 years to get ILR as these people get their ILR in 5 years.
We nee to hear more details of how you came here etc... ladyinukas 17yrs is long but maybe start a new post as this is not the place as it's for TIMELINES
Am sorry I spoke guys, I meant no offence, I was merely suprised when I read others had had a decision in so few weeks with less residence - that's all! Am new to all this and don't know anyone who's gone through this process.

Re: How I came here & why;
Via Heathrow on a BA flight, with my parents who were economic migrants as a minor aged 10. Mum is a Doctor who worked for NHS & dad Accountant was self employed. No laws broken!
Reason I've not naturalised earlier is;
1. My passport worldwide is as good as British, I can pretty much freely travel without visa hassle. I've holiday min twice a year worldwide for last 15yrs & done the usual student gap year travels. I have also travel to USA, EU & UAE with work.
2. My birth country does not allow dual citizenship, so did not want to give up that part of my identity also since my parents are now retired there. Plus there's a scheme to get land cheap as a native.
3. All the planned changes, fees etc forced me to apply - otherwise I would not have bothered since there are no real advantages for me.

Thanks for letting me subscribe but this is not the sort of reception I was expecting. Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

Goodbye :(

momo247m
Newly Registered

Post by momo247m » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:44 pm

gseekl wrote:
tech wrote:No updates for applications made after 17th July as far as I can see,
Any approvals received over the weekend for applicants applied in 3 rd week of July ?
I applied on 27 July, and am still waiting. I am getting impatient and feel like calling the Home Office to ask, but don't like the idea of being rebuffed by them. I read that although the norm is 1-1.5 months, it took some people 4 months. Until I receive my approval letter, there is always the fear that I may end up as unlucky as that. At the end of the day, the Home Office is under no obligation to approve the applications before 6 months.

I will be very interested to hear about other people who applied around the same time.
Hi there, just thought i would let you know about my application. Please see page 86 i am momo247m. i applied on the 17th of july and got my apporval within a month. Keep hope alive

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:13 pm

momo247m wrote:
gseekl wrote:
tech wrote:No updates for applications made after 17th July as far as I can see,
Any approvals received over the weekend for applicants applied in 3 rd week of July ?
I applied on 27 July, and am still waiting. I am getting impatient and feel like calling the Home Office to ask, but don't like the idea of being rebuffed by them. I read that although the norm is 1-1.5 months, it took some people 4 months. Until I receive my approval letter, there is always the fear that I may end up as unlucky as that. At the end of the day, the Home Office is under no obligation to approve the applications before 6 months.

I will be very interested to hear about other people who applied around the same time.
Hi there, just thought i would let you know about my application. Please see page 86 i am momo247m. i applied on the 17th of july and got my apporval within a month. Keep hope alive
I have applied on 29th July and still waiting, there are other applied after 17th July and their applications are already processed.
- rkudum (page 91) applied on 28/07/09 Invitation Letter received on 02/09/2009.
- northumboy (page 90) applied on 27/07/09 nvitation Letter received on 01/09/09.

I think application filled end July are currently in process and would be getting an approval letter within this week, finger crossed. :roll:

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:17 pm

@momo247m, Thanks for your reply.

@Pisces Did you call home office to find out the status. If not,I think it is good idea to get an update just make sure nothing lost in the post.
You can just ask them to check whether anything has been posted for you.

@bgizzle Any updates today from HO ?

gseekl

Post by gseekl » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:21 pm

Pisces wrote:
momo247m wrote:
gseekl wrote:

I have applied on 29th July and still waiting, there are other applied after 17th July and their applications are already processed.
- rkudum (page 91) applied on 28/07/09 Invitation Letter received on 02/09/2009.
- northumboy (page 90) applied on 27/07/09 nvitation Letter received on 01/09/09.

I think application filled end July are currently in process and would be getting an approval letter within this week, finger crossed. :roll:
Thanks very much, momo247m. I wonder how the applications are dealt with in Liverpool. I presume it is by surname. My surname starts with letter "Z", and I guess mine will be the among the last to be processed. :( The reason why I am so anxious is on this forum, there are people who waited for 4 months or more, and I always feared that I could be be one of them. We have all waited for years and years, and my patience is running out, at this very last leg of the journey.

It would be interesting to find out what the first letters are for the surnames of momo247m, rkudum, and northumboy :wink:

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:01 pm

tech wrote:@momo247m, Thanks for your reply.

@Pisces Did you call home office to find out the status. If not,I think it is good idea to get an update just make sure nothing lost in the post.

Thanks tech for the tip, I just called HO and was lucky enough to get an update on my application (last time when I called them they refused to give any update they even didn't asked my HO ref). As per Call Centre Agent, a decisions has been made on my application and I will be getting the letter in 7-10 days.

gseekl

Post by gseekl » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:27 pm

Pisces wrote:

Thanks tech for the tip, I just called HO and was lucky enough to get an update on my application (last time when I called them they refused to give any update they even didn't asked my HO ref). As per Call Centre Agent, a decisions has been made on my application and I will be getting the letter in 7-10 days.
Many congratulations!

I wonder why letters from the Home Office take so long to arrive. Second class post normally only takes 2-4 days to reach anywhere in the UK mainland.

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:28 pm

gseekl wrote:
Pisces wrote:

Many congratulations!

I wonder why letters from the Home Office take so long to arrive. Second class post normally only takes 2-4 days to reach anywhere in the UK mainland.
I believe this 07-10 days for HO include the following:
- Time between when the decisions was made and when later was posted. (within a week, I believe).
- Time for the letter in post 2 days for being 2nd class post.
in total around 07-10 days. But this is just what I think no confirmation from HO.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Good news.Pisces .Did they tell you actual decision date?

th

Post by th » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:19 pm

NCS or Postal: Postal (Decided not to wait 3-week for NCS)
Date of submission or posting: 01/09/09
Date of arrival at HO: 02/09/09
CRITERIA - 5-Yr Stay WHV->WP+HSMP+Tier-1
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 07/09/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: pending
Date of receipt of approval: pending
Date of Ceremony: pending
Date of appln. for passport: pending
Method used: pending
Date of Receipt: pending

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:10 pm

I called HO and was told decision has been made. It will take 10 working days to get the letter. Was not given the decision date.

@bgizzle Did you get your approval letter ?

kumarmaa
Newly Registered

Finally it arrived

Post by kumarmaa » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:38 pm

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission or posting: 03/08/09
Date of arrival at HO: 04/08/09
CRITERIA - 5-Yr Stay WHV->WP+HSMP
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 08/08/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 13/08/09
Date of receipt of approval: 07/09/09
Date of Ceremony: pending
Date of appln. for passport: pending
Method used: pending
Date of Receipt: pending

Called local council(Redbridge) today and managed to get an appointment for ceremony on 07Oct2009.

My family is looking to travel, Can someone please suggest, If it is feasible to approach a different council for ceremony inorder to get a earlier date ?

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:12 pm

kumarmaa. Congrats. You can transfer your ceremony if you get earlier date in the different council. Can you please share you decision date on your letter and whether your application is family or single ?

bgizzle
Newly Registered

Post by bgizzle » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:23 pm

tech wrote:Good news.Pisces .Did they tell you actual decision date?
Hi. I am yet to receive anything through in the post but I expect to hear tomorrow. Will keep you all informed.

stacey
Newly Registered

Post by stacey » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:39 pm

CRITERIA:3 year spouse , Yorkshire

Date of submission or posting: 19/05/09(NCS Leeds)
Date of debit of debit/credit card:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:06/06/09
Date of receipt of approval from HO: 01/07/09(Dated 21/06/09)
Date of Ceremony: 31/07/09
Date of appln. Pass: 04/08/09 Check&Send
Support Documents for Pass. received back: 19/08/09
IPS Letter for interview: 20/08/09
Passport Interview: 21/08/09 (Sheffield)
Passport received:24/08/09

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:03 pm

tech wrote:Good news.Pisces .Did they tell you actual decision date?
No, they didn't told me that, or rather I should say I didn't asked for that.

vik_uk
Newly Registered

Post by vik_uk » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:53 am

CRITERIA:5 year WP + 1 ILR spouse

Date of submission or posting: 01/09/09(NCS)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 04/09/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:Pending
Date of receipt of approval from HO: Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending
Date of appln. Pass: Pending
Support Documents for Pass. received back: Pending
IPS Letter for interview: Pending
Passport Interview: Pending
Passport received:Pending

th

Post by th » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:08 am

Hi vik_uk,

I had posted my application on 1st Sept as well WITHOUT NCS. Would you interesting to see how difference between us on NCS and non-NCS progress.

Mine charge debited on 7th Sept, so one business day later than you so far.

Mine is for 2 adults and 1 child.
vik_uk wrote:CRITERIA:5 year WP + 1 ILR spouse

Date of submission or posting: 01/09/09(NCS)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 04/09/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:Pending
Date of receipt of approval from HO: Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending
Date of appln. Pass: Pending
Support Documents for Pass. received back: Pending
IPS Letter for interview: Pending
Passport Interview: Pending
Passport received:Pending