ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application question (section4.5)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Naturalisation application question (section4.5)

Post by rogerroger » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:32 pm

Hello

i am trying to complete my naturlisation application and i dont know what my tax office address is or my tax reference number is

i looked at my pay slips and the P60(substitute) (i switched jobs last year)
and it has got an Inland Revenue Office Name : LP Lothians, i dont think that will do for the address.

I can see an Employer's PAYE reference number, in my case it is in the form xxx/aaxxxxx where x is a number and a is an alphabet. is that the tax reference number that needs to be stuck in section 4.5 (tax reference number) of the naturalisation application form?

i switched jobs in summer 2004, i had a different Employer's PAYE reference then
xxx/axxx again x is a number and a is an alphabet

i guess is this is the reference that i need to stick in section 4.5, then i go with the latest PAYE reference number?

John

Post by John » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:51 pm

Roger Q4.5 reads :-
Address of tax office or tax office reference
I think the reference quoted on your latest form P60 is quite sufficient for the purpose. That information when combined with the NINO entered at Q1.9 is certainly enough for IND to track down your tax records.

Work on the assumption that IND have direct access to the HMRC computer system and can therefore look at your tax record in just a few seconds. The NINO and the tax reference would certainly allow them to track you down.

If anyone is concerned that IND are accessing the HMRC computer system then do appreciate that the declaration you need to sign at 7.1 includes :-
I authorise the HM Revenue & Customs to provide the Immigration and Nationality Directorate with any information relevant to this application, and with any information needed to check the information I have provided. I understand that any information provided by the HM Revenue & Customs in connection with this application may be used by them for the purpose of their statutory functions.
John

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:21 am

thanks for the reply John

so i need to use the Employer's PAYE reference number
xxx/axxx in section 4.5, correct?

i will take my latest P60 along with me, just in case.

John

Post by John » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:34 am

Roger, yes, that is the correct sort of format for a tax reference. Taking the P60 along certainly can't do any harm.
John

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:31 pm

thanks John

will stick the number in section 4.5