ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW application invalid because of old photo

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xvvjohn
Newly Registered

PSW application invalid because of old photo

Post by xvvjohn » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:36 pm

my psw applicaion have been returned to me as invalid because my photo is not taken within a month, and now my student visa has expired, can any one tell me if I re-apply psw with new photo, is there any trouble to get visa if HO thinks that I am an overstayer?
thanks guys, please help!

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:22 pm

At the end of the PSW applicatiob form (Help section), they never mentioned that the photo should be no more than one month old, on the other hand, on the application form for PSW who apply from outside the UK, they are stating that the photo must be no more than six months old. You seriously need to look at the photo guide on the UKBA website and confirm that if the photos is more than one month. I couldn't find anything support that. If this is the case, this gives you a chance to apply again stating that this rule is not mentioned anywhere even on the PSW form (leave to remain). As I said, for PSW applicants who apply from outside the UK (they us VAF 9 I suppose) the rule is six months not one month.
All the best
________
MARIJUANA VAPORIZER
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lilly09

Post by lilly09 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:28 pm

its one month tho!

best for you to do now is to leave (do NOT overstay)!

do not appeal cos clearly the photo is old and you're gonna lose the case

go to your home country and submit a fresh application from there, provided your photo is recent this time and the rest of the supporting documents are ok, you will be able to get the psw and come back to the UK!!

good luck

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:41 pm

Correction: On the photo guide for the PSW (leave to remain) applicants, it is mentioned that the photo must be no more than one month old. On the photo, guide for PSW (entry clearance) or outside the UK applicants, it should be no more than six months old.

(inside the UK photo gudie)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... pbs/193059

(Outside the UK photo guide)
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/photoguide/

Sorry for the confusion, however, I think you should read HO letter carefully and understand what they need you to do next. Although the rule is that you cannot apply from inside the UK once your visa expires, but I think you should be able to apply again with new photos or at least have some sort of appeal or administrative review ... so be optimistic, your case isn't that bad I guess
________
C208
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinata

Post by vinata » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:24 pm

Sorry to ask you, but how is it possible to prove that your photo is more than 1 month old if the case worker doesn't know you personally? For example, i look pretty much the same on the foto which is 1 month and 6 month old. Without knowing the date on which the foto had been taken, it is almost impossible to distinguish between them.

I suspect the original poster could have submitted the same foto as in one of his previous applications. If that is the case, then it is understandable the HO has refused the application. But if not, it is almost impossible to prove that such foto was taken more than 1 month ago. Maybe i don't understand something?

lilly09

Post by lilly09 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:16 pm

that hard to take a recent photo of yourself? also knowing how SERIOUSLY they take it? you better wasting your time with appeals?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:28 pm

Jack_Hammer wrote:At the end of the PSW applicatiob form (Help section), they never mentioned that the photo should be no more than one month old, on the other hand, on the application form for PSW who apply from outside the UK, they are stating that the photo must be no more than six months old. You seriously need to look at the photo guide on the UKBA website and confirm that if the photos is more than one month. I couldn't find anything support that. If this is the case, this gives you a chance to apply again stating that this rule is not mentioned anywhere even on the PSW form (leave to remain). As I said, for PSW applicants who apply from outside the UK (they us VAF 9 I suppose) the rule is six months not one month.
All the best
1. PSW form page 44 explains that photos shud be provided according to the guidence.
2. A link has also been provided to read that information on the PSW form and if u click the link it takes you to the following page and it clearly explains that photo shud be within 1 month.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... pbs/193059

3. So there is no excuse that its not written on the form as its clearly mentioned.

ash786
BANNED

Re: PSW application invalid because of old photo

Post by ash786 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:32 pm

xvvjohn wrote:my psw applicaion have been returned to me as invalid because my photo is not taken within a month, and now my student visa has expired, can any one tell me if I re-apply psw with new photo, is there any trouble to get visa if HO thinks that I am an overstayer?
1. U shud apply asap with the new photos.
2. Consideration shud be used if u apply within 10 days of the refusal or in some cases 28 days.
3. My advise is to apply asap and write a cover letter explaining this situation.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:34 pm

lilly09 wrote:its one month tho!

go to your home country and submit a fresh application from there, provided your photo is recent this time and the rest of the supporting documents are ok, you will be able to get the psw and come back to the UK!!

good luck
1. Can u read the post in full as its an invalid application so the OP has not got any right of appeal plus HO wud not give him right of appeal in this case anyway so i do no understand that why r going on about appeal.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:38 pm

xvvjohn wrote:my psw applicaion have been returned to me as invalid because my photo is not taken within a month, and now my student visa has expired, can any one tell me if I re-apply psw with new photo, is there any trouble to get visa if HO thinks that I am an overstayer?
1. U will only be classified an overstayer after 28 days and not before that as u need time (If u decide to leave) to sort out things and thats the reason 28 days time is given to all applicants.

lilly09

Post by lilly09 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:57 pm

ash786 wrote:

good luck
1. Can u read the post in full as its an invalid application so the OP has not got any right of appeal plus HO wud not give him right of appeal in this case anyway so i do no understand that why r going on about appeal.
Goodness!!!

Can YOU read?

I said re-apply with a new pic from home country and don't overstay.

I clearly say do not think about appealing it cos they clearly state photo should be no more than a month old and they're going to lose the case and waste time!

Srsly, learn how to read!

lilly09

Post by lilly09 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:02 pm

lilly09 wrote:
ash786 wrote:

good luck
Goodness!!!

Can YOU read?

I clearly say do not think about appealing it cos they clearly state photo should be no more than a month old and they're going to lose the case and waste time!

P.S. I go on about appealing cos the guy earlier suggested it n i said its a bad idea......

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:11 pm

lilly09 wrote:
ash786 wrote:

good luck
Goodness!!!

Can YOU read?

1. So if the other person gives the wrong information r u just guna follow that (In u case u have done that saying appeal).
2. Invalid applications do not have the right of appeal and i am sure u did not know about that thats why u just followed wat the other said.
3. If u do not know that answer or details do not just start giving information u do not know.
4. I did not point out photo probelm in u reply but the appeal u were keep saying as do not go for that as my point is that OP has not got a right of appeal in the first place so why suggesting or telling that OP shud not waste time on appeal.

xvvjohn
Newly Registered

Post by xvvjohn » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:06 am

ash786 wrote:
2. Consideration shud be used if u apply within 10 days of the refusal or in some cases 28 days.
3. My advise is to apply asap and write a cover letter explaining this situation.
thank you very much, I am going to apply again within 28 days to see what will happen to me.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:08 am

I am the one who mentioned the appeal and I was not pretty sure about the appeal in this case and that is why I mentioned the administrative review also. I understand that both are not applicable here since there is no decision has been made, however, the point I was trying to make is that he reads the home office letter carefully and act up on what the instructions their. Despite not knowing exactly what the letter says, I did point out that he should re-apply as soon as possible with new photos.

Again, I apologize for the quick reply to this post before referring to the photo guide...
________
FERRARI F50
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adeelkhan
Newly Registered

Same Case of Invalid Application

Post by adeelkhan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:10 pm

Hello Guys,

I am facing the same case but i submitted the application again. Let see what will happen.

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:50 am

vinata wrote:Sorry to ask you, but how is it possible to prove that your photo is more than 1 month old if the case worker doesn't know you personally? For example, i look pretty much the same on the foto which is 1 month and 6 month old. Without knowing the date on which the foto had been taken, it is almost impossible to distinguish between them.

I suspect the original poster could have submitted the same foto as in one of his previous applications. If that is the case, then it is understandable the HO has refused the application. But if not, it is almost impossible to prove that such foto was taken more than 1 month ago. Maybe i don't understand something?
Still this point is unclear that how to prove the photo is more than one month old. There is no date mentioned on the photos which i gave with my visa applications.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:59 pm

tuhadda_fuffar wrote:
vinata wrote:Sorry to ask you, but how is it possible to prove that your photo is more than 1 month old if the case worker doesn't know you personally? For example, i look pretty much the same on the foto which is 1 month and 6 month old. Without knowing the date on which the foto had been taken, it is almost impossible to distinguish between them.

Still this point is unclear that how to prove the photo is more than one month old. There is no date mentioned on the photos which i gave with my visa applications.
If u have submitted the same photos with u previous applications then they can match it with the previpus ones for u current application easy.

sule
Newly Registered

Post by sule » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:09 am

Sorry to hear about this. This also happened to my wife but the caseworker was so kind to call and we sent the new photos by special delivery. In your case all you need to do is send a new application with new photos and a cover letter and you will be fine. This is the same case when the HO fails to charge your card and sends you a 2 page letter saying your application is invalid..

xvvjohn
Newly Registered

Post by xvvjohn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:59 pm

ash786 wrote:
Ash786, thank you very much for your advice, and I have finally received my psw visa. :D

Riz_Ali
Newly Registered

Post by Riz_Ali » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:23 am

Hi Xvvjohn,

Can you tell me please, timeline for psw application since the first time application. As you said, you got application back due to invalid picture, so how long time that took for this reply.

Thank you.