ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Distance Learning Under PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tfshoko
Newly Registered

Distance Learning Under PSW

Post by tfshoko » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:46 am

Hello guys.
I am currently under the PSW visa,currently employed full-time and would like to do distance learning with the university of leicester for their msc(acturial science)prgramme. Is it possible to extend my stay to do this programme because it takes 3 years and will i be granted a student visa or a limited leave to remain. My visa runs out next year in november and would have loved to apply for the Tier 1 but with no masters i wont have sufficient funds. I did a Graduate Diploma at a university here..please help.
Thank you
Francis

ash786
BANNED

Re: Distance Learning Under PSW

Post by ash786 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:28 pm

tfshoko wrote:Hello guys.
I am currently under the PSW visa,currently employed full-time and would like to do distance learning with the university of leicester for their msc(acturial science)prgramme. Is it possible to extend my stay to do this programme because it takes 3 years and will i be granted a student visa or a limited leave to remain. My visa runs out next year in november and would have loved to apply for the Tier 1 but with no masters i wont have sufficient funds. I did a Graduate Diploma at a university here..please help.
Thank you
Francis
1. U r fine to do a distance learning while u have a PSW visa but wen it expires u will have to switch to a student visa and study at an institution where u will have to attend classes.
2. U wud not be able to apply for the student visa with a distance learning course.

adeelkhan
Newly Registered

Degree of Oxford Brookes University awarded to ACCA students

Post by adeelkhan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:19 pm

Hello Guys,

I got degree of B.Sc. Hons. from Oxford Brookes University. Is there any one who got PSW visa on the basis of this degree.

Further my issue is that i arrived in UK on 26 June 2008 and got degree after 6 months because i completed most of the education in Pakistan. The issue is that my degree is of 3 years and my stay in UK is of 1 year.

Will that affect my entitlement ?

Looking forward for any constructive comments especially from the reader who faced the same case like me.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Degree of Oxford Brookes University awarded to ACCA stud

Post by ash786 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:02 pm

adeelkhan wrote:Hello Guys,

I got degree of B.Sc. Hons. from Oxford Brookes University. Is there any one who got PSW visa on the basis of this degree.

Further my issue is that i arrived in UK on 26 June 2008 and got degree after 6 months because i completed most of the education in Pakistan. The issue is that my degree is of 3 years and my stay in UK is of 1 year.

Will that affect my entitlement ?

Looking forward for any constructive comments especially from the reader who faced the same case like me.
1. For PSW there is no requirement for the degree to be a 3 or 2 or 1 year.
2. As long as u got the degree and certificate u can apply for PSW.
3. In u case u degree is 1 year and u periods of study is 1 year and not 3 years.