ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW --> Student Visa from the UK?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hitenb
Newly Registered

PSW --> Student Visa from the UK?

Post by hitenb » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Ladies & Gentlemen,

I would like your valued input into a certain matter. The question is:

'how would one go about applying for a student visa from inside the UK once the PSW visa has expired'?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

H

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:12 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dipu_s4u
Newly Registered

Post by dipu_s4u » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:34 am

if im correct u mean swithching from psw to student.

please read the tier4 guidance. it is clearly stated that u can switch from psw to student. the difference between switching and extending is that if u are switching from psw u have to show the maitainance funds of 7200 pounds (in london syudy) and first year fees in your bank account for 28 days (if u apply on or after 1st oct).there is seperate maitainance funds for dependants if any.

i was on psw, i applied in country for tier 4 last month and i was granted permission to do my PhD.

hitenb
Newly Registered

Post by hitenb » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:51 pm

Thanks for your response, I'm working on trying to sort this out before 1st October.