ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Job Titles under Employer Sponsored

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elfgirl
Newly Registered

Switching Job Titles under Employer Sponsored

Post by elfgirl » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:57 pm

I've been with the same company BBC since I was on a student visa (but after I'd completed studies) I then moved on to a PSW visa and then hoped to move to Tier 2 Employer Sponsored. But because somewhere in the last year I was promoted after intercompany interviews that's considered a new job. So I have to wait 6 months w/in this position before they will give me a certificate.

the truth is it seems like they (BBC HR) don't understand how the whole thing works which is soooo frustrating for me.

My question is this: Is the visa only good for the time limit of the job (my current attachment is for 12 months however my contract is until 2011 when my PSW visa runs out)? Or is that the certificate?

I'm worried if I apply in Dec I'll have to apply again in June when/if I change jobs with in the BBC and have to pay the fee each time?

If someone could explain I'd really really appreciate it

kasango
Newly Registered

Re: Switching Job Titles under Employer Sponsored

Post by kasango » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:48 pm

elfgirl wrote:I've been with the same company BBC since I was on a student visa (but after I'd completed studies) I then moved on to a PSW visa and then hoped to move to Tier 2 Employer Sponsored. But because somewhere in the last year I was promoted after intercompany interviews that's considered a new job. So I have to wait 6 months w/in this position before they will give me a certificate.

the truth is it seems like they (BBC HR) don't understand how the whole thing works which is soooo frustrating for me.

My question is this: Is the visa only good for the time limit of the job (my current attachment is for 12 months however my contract is until 2011 when my PSW visa runs out)? Or is that the certificate?

I'm worried if I apply in Dec I'll have to apply again in June when/if I change jobs with in the BBC and have to pay the fee each time?

If someone could explain I'd really really appreciate it
Hi elfgirl,

Under Post Study work you can change job roles as much as you want but make sure that the role stay the same for 6 months before the visa expires and the you can apply for Tier 2 (General) depending on the points that you will get. I will pay very close attention to the code of practice under Tier 2.

I hope this helps.

elfgirl
Newly Registered

Post by elfgirl » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi Thank you so much for your response.

My worry is changing jobs once I'm on a Tier 2.

If i change job roles within the company will I need to reapply for a new visa for EACH job or a new Sponorship Certificate? or both?

I guess what I'm saying is for the next 5 years or whatever will i have to pay for new work visa everytime i change roles within the company?