ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying from other european country

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

worried
Newly Registered

applying from other european country

Post by worried » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:16 pm

Further to my previous enquiry about my Senegalese Fiance and our plans to apply for a visa I wonder if I can just ask a further question relating to his visa application?

We are planning for him to fly to Senegal alone soon so that we can apply for a fiance visa but given that he has been legally resedent in France since he was a child, could he do this from the British Embassy in France? Or further, could we both fly to France and get married and apply directly for a spouse visa? I am a British citizen.

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: applying from other european country

Post by Chess » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:46 pm

worried wrote:Further to my previous enquiry about my Senegalese Fiance and our plans to apply for a visa I wonder if I can just ask a further question relating to his visa application?

We are planning for him to fly to Senegal alone soon so that we can apply for a fiance visa but given that he has been legally resedent in France since he was a child, could he do this from the British Embassy in France? Or further, could we both fly to France and get married and apply directly for a spouse visa? I am a British citizen.
Worried - I think it would have been better if you had added your post to the previous thread - so nthat the whole thing makes sens-..I have had to search through your previous posts in order to understand your case..

You cant marry in France and expect to get a visa from their for your Fiance because he was not "legally" resiodent in France otherwise he would have claimed French Citizenship :roll:

Best option still remains - going back to Senegal and appklying for aFiance Visa from there...however, questions will be raised on how you met...

Perhaps if Finances allow, then it would be best to marry in Senegal and apply for a settlement visa

Bon Chance
Where there is a will there is a way.